Skip to content

After launching the server, my name is in use?

Couldnt find any other topics on this but... how do I fix this?

I put in the name I normally use, but this just keeps popping up. HELP!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StarbridgeStarbridge Member Posts: 6
    Never changed it. I was playing just fine, then when I launched my own server I started.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Sorry @Shandyr @Starbridge, I don't have NWNEE to play around with. I do have NWN Diamond, so I will try with that but I may not get the same prob...

Gus
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Starbridge, this discussion might help. It is about changin name but it might give some insights as to where to look (nwnplayer.ini). Maybe if you delete your name entry then select 'Save as Default'

Here is a discussion that I think @Shandyr is refering to) and talks about the CDKey.

There is also this Steam page which describes how to manage your server. This might give some other insights...

While I am here, there is also the NWNEE FAQ. this directly points to the Multiplayer part of the document (with thanks from @JuliusBorisov).

Gus
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Howdy!

Out of curiosity, do you get this same error when attempting to connect to someone else's game?
    Additionally, I'd suggest setting the name you use to save as your default, attempt to join, restart the game, then attempt to join again.

It's possible that because you aren't using the default, it's not saving appropriately and thus may not be counted appropriately when hosting your own game, this is conjecture of course, but with luck we can track it down.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov