Skip to content

Wild Surge Needs Your Help!

Wild Surge, Beamdog's community magazine, is looking to add a Neverwinter articles for its next issue. Our latest issue can be found here.

I was currently fulfilling the role, however, I could do the game justice it deserves with the time that I had. I'd prefer someone who is more familiar with the core game, its engine and creation tool to help us out.

What type of articles are we looking for? Anything that involves Neverwinter Nights. It can be a how to create a module or tutorials, highlighting mods or haks from the vault or conducting interviews with people from the Neverwinter Nights community and their current or past projects.

We would like the articles to also fit the theme of the month for our magazine. For example, the issue just released was on Magic, and I was going to highlight the module series Tale of a Mage
. The next issue is on Giants and the author of the piece can use their creativity to fit the theme into the article.

So if you would like to help, or have any questions or concerns, please send either @typo_tilly or myself a message here.
RaduzielJuliusBorisovzordren3742lolien

Comments

• zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by zordren3742 on
    Raduziel
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

I know you are with Beamdog and trying to premote the enhanced editions, but if it is not completely out of the question for any reason, I would also reach out on the nwn vault forums as well. I only say this because there may be people that are Knowledgeable of the game that have not bought the enhanced edition or simply do not check the beamdog forums often.

I should also add, even though we are Beamdog's community magazine, we are not affiliated (legal sense) with them or any other company. We are completely independent.

But I thank you for the tip nonetheless. We may reach out further if no one here is interested in helping.
    JuliusBorisovzordren3742lolien
  • SquidgetSquidget Member Posts: 15
    Module spotlights are, imo, a really strong direction. One of the greatest strengths of NWN is how many amazing single-player modules are out there, with all kinds of deep adventure and story built into them. Amazing work has been done by module authors like Stefan Gagne, Adam Miller, and other single-player modules in the Vault Hall of Fame. Everything from adventure to comedy to horror. I think highlighting a couple of these, and possibly some of the major PWs like Aerlith, could be a great source for an article.

Discussion of projects like [url=https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72087/neverwinter-connections-revival-dnd-within-neverwinter#latest]this[/url], which allow players and DMs to find one another, could also be helpful. One of the greatest gameplay experiences NWN has to offer is a story told in a small, DMed group.
    lolien