Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Beamdog announces the Dice, Camera, Action! Enhanced Edition voice and portrait pack

1235

Comments

  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 512
    edited October 2018
    Pro: Jared

    ...okay, I'll start again.

    Pros: New voice sets (seriously, these are a b*tch to get right - there's a reason I've never tried publishing more than one voice set), new portraits, and this will draw in a bunch of the DCA fandom.
    Cons: Without modding shenanigans, this does need to be repurchased for each steam copy.

    Feedback regarding why the Waffle Crew and not [Insert Stream Here]'s members: Licensing. Going with the cast of Dice Camera Action keeps the number of entities in the licensing agreement down to three - Wizards of the Coast, Beamdog, and the collective players of Dice Camera Action (none of whom are associated with other companies as part of Dice Camera Action). Critical Role, Acquisitions Incorporated, and so forth would add additional lawyering time/costs. Going with the DCA cast keeps it simple and - strange as this may sound - cheap. At least, as simple as anything involving Nate Sharp can be.

    Furthermore: Dice Camera Action is as much a vehicle for Wizards of the Coast to showcase the new modules as it is about the game itself (seasons 2 and 4 going wildly off the rails like they have notwithstanding).

    JuliusBorisov
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 1,769
    @JuliusBorisov
    Do you know when this is supposed to come out? I'm excited to have more voice choices. That's been one of my only real complaints about the Baldur's Gate series since the first time I played it back in 2008.

    lolienJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 108
    Sounds good.

    I fully support anything you guys do to enhance the IE games.

    I may be odd - but after all the POEs, Tyranny, Divinity games etc ... I still look forward to them the most ...

    Sounds strange right ?

    But the overall "feel" for IE games still gives me the most enjoyment.

    Good work Beamdog in keeping things alive .

    JuliusBorisovspacejaws
  • themaelstormthemaelstorm Member Posts: 5
    Didn't they learn not to sell portraits from the overwhelming negative gog reviews from that portrait pack? Now they are selling this...

    Add it to the game.

    If it's for core players, few will care, but they'll feel good about you.
    If it's for new people, they'll have more incentive to buy the game.

    I understand life isn't easy for Beamdog but already half the added content for old games aren't stellar, more and more this company feels like a cash grab (and believe me, I'm not one of the online kids that call everything they dislike a cash grab,) and that's why I stopped supporting them.

    There is a difference between being sensibly revenue-focused and not really caring about community.

  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 54
    It's also a voiceover pack. VAs are really expensive.

  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,590
    @themaelstorm Dice Camera Action is pretty popular online, infact there has been a lot of positive feedback on it from Facebook. Not to mention it includes full new voicepacks, something that has been VERY RARE for these games in all 20 years. Besides, its new content, seriously, how does it make sense to complain about adding new content to a game?

    Ludwig_IIStummvonBordwehr
  • MirakMirak Member Posts: 741
    ThacoBell said:

    @themaelstorm Dice Camera Action is pretty popular online, infact there has been a lot of positive feedback on it from Facebook. Not to mention it includes full new voicepacks, something that has been VERY RARE for these games in all 20 years. Besides, its new content, seriously, how does it make sense to complain about adding new content to a game?

    My complaint is that they're gonna sell these voicepacks separately for each Beamdog game. Other than that, I feel like most of the current fanbase is pretty much frustrated with Beamdog focusing on cosmetic DLCs.

  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,590
    Mirak said:

    ThacoBell said:

    @themaelstorm Dice Camera Action is pretty popular online, infact there has been a lot of positive feedback on it from Facebook. Not to mention it includes full new voicepacks, something that has been VERY RARE for these games in all 20 years. Besides, its new content, seriously, how does it make sense to complain about adding new content to a game?

    My complaint is that they're gonna sell these voicepacks separately for each Beamdog game. Other than that, I feel like most of the current fanbase is pretty much frustrated with Beamdog focusing on cosmetic DLCs.
    And bugfixes, and Neverwinter Nights EE. So, the stuff they always focused on, plus cosmetic DLCs. I don't really get what's lost here.

  • MirakMirak Member Posts: 741
    @ThacoBell

    Well, Oster's original vision was to make BG3 and I don't think that's in the cards anymore.

    What was lost here? I mean, for a while it looked like they were actually working on a new D&D game with Gaider been there for a year etc. So yeah, it's kinda disappointing when they announce voice pack like it's a big deal. But if they use the money to fund some PLAYABLE content, then fine...

    As for NWN: EE, I'm happy Ossian was allowed to polish Darkness over Daggerford, but as for the EE itself... The engine and controls are still terrible and graphics is still ugly as hell. But maybe multiplayer's better, I don't know, I don't play it.

  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,590
    @Mirak We don't yet know the outcome of the Gaider project. So complaining about it without knowing anything is kinda pointless. Beamdog was going to announce something big at a previous livestream (I forget which one) but had to delay it for unknown reasons, so something new is in the works. So again, what's lost?

    StummvonBordwehr
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 1,769
    So wait, are there samples of the Voicework? Because I love myself some samples. The only grocery store where I don't try to sneak as many things off the sample rack as possible is the one I work at.

    ThacoBell
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 54
    Is the new thing going to be announced this year? Before Christmas ?

  • MirakMirak Member Posts: 741
    ThacoBell said:

    @Mirak We don't yet know the outcome of the Gaider project. So complaining about it without knowing anything is kinda pointless. Beamdog was going to announce something big at a previous livestream (I forget which one) but had to delay it for unknown reasons, so something new is in the works. So again, what's lost?

    Delaying announcements for unknown reasons is as ominous as it gets, so defending something without knowing anything about it is also pretty pointless, but once they do announce something D&D related, I'll happily eat my shirt.

  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,590
    Mirak said:

    ThacoBell said:

    @Mirak We don't yet know the outcome of the Gaider project. So complaining about it without knowing anything is kinda pointless. Beamdog was going to announce something big at a previous livestream (I forget which one) but had to delay it for unknown reasons, so something new is in the works. So again, what's lost?

    Delaying announcements for unknown reasons is as ominous as it gets, so defending something without knowing anything about it is also pretty pointless, but once they do announce something D&D related, I'll happily eat my shirt.
    There's a difference though. I'm defending the existence of something that we have been told exists. You are claiming the company isn't doing something that we already have confirmation is being worked.

  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 108
    edited October 2018
    deltago said:



    Didn't they learn not to sell portraits from the overwhelming negative gog reviews from that portrait pack? Now they are selling this...

    Add it to the game.

    If it's for core players, few will care, but they'll feel good about you.
    If it's for new people, they'll have more incentive to buy the game.

    I understand life isn't easy for Beamdog but already half the added content for old games aren't stellar, more and more this company feels like a cash grab (and believe me, I'm not one of the online kids that call everything they dislike a cash grab,) and that's why I stopped supporting them.

    There is a difference between being sensibly revenue-focused and not really caring about community.

    It’s cosmetic. If you don’t want to pay for the portaits (or even this new soundset) you really aren’t missing anything.

    If you want to support the company (not to mention the artist that actually drew the new portaits) then you can buy them.

    And before you go on saying all Beamdog does is a cash grab, please go ahead and load up a new game and count how many new class kits were added to the game - for free. Most companies would have locked these behind DLC(s).

    Then go ahead and play the game and go recruit Baeloth, a fully voice acted character and realize he too was added for free, something, once again other companies lock behind a DLC.

    Complaining that a what, $2 portait pack is a money grab just proves how entitled some gamers have become.


    +1 Well said .....

  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 167
    Is there a value already? and date?

  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 327
    anastiel said:

    Is there a value already? and date?

    No

    anastiel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,282
    In those tweets, O’Ferrall wrote that her husband “has been soliciting nudes from his fans for years… I was there. In the beginning, it was a joke on tumblr. Then it was its own tumblr account just for nudes. It was ostensibly a body-positive space for consenting adults, and I approved on that basis.”
    “Now I see it as an abuse of power for him to intentionally manipulate anyone to show him their naked body on the basis that he’s a popular internet man. I would like to apologize for my role in enabling this.” (In the past, when a fan asked O’Ferrall whether receiving the nudes bothered her, she had said, “No, he shows them to me and we high five about it.”

    And people ask why I support Conservadorism.

  • ckoeckoe Member Posts: 20
    edited May 12
    Rodrian wrote: »

    The March beamdog blog announced that they would demo the DCA pack (or at least one character in it) on a PS4 at PAX East. I think I saw a screenshot with one new portrait somewhere. So this appears to be unrelated. Also as far as I can see the DCA pack did not contain content from this person ?

    So, if anything this looks to be just another obstacle for patch 2.6 which appears to be tied to the DLC somehow.

    To clarify: From what I can gather I believe that whoever stopped the DCA packs release was unaware of any of the allegations in that article in 2018 when it was apparently delayed, otherwise it makes no sense to demo any content of it in March 2019.

    Post edited by ckoe on
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 1,797
    Great. No doubt this means another wrench thrown between the already stationary cogs of v2.6.

  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 458
    edited May 12
    Rodrian wrote: »

    I don't get it. How is projared related to Beamdog or this DLC?

    edit: ahh, ok, I've checked the first post.

  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 1,797
    ckoe wrote: »
    Adul wrote: »
    Great. No doubt this means another wrench thrown between the already stationary cogs of v2.6.

    Or they finally do the "right" thing and disentangle the apparently ill fated DLC from a program patch. There is hope ...

    After finding out that there is probably actual content of the persons involved in the DLC I am no longer sure that it will ever be released. On the other hand I am completely uninterested in it, I am only interested in the 2.6 patch.

    I concur, I also don't care much what happens to the DLC. If they end up releasing it, fine. If they end up not releasing it, that's also fine. I just want them to continue development on the IE games.

    I'd consider buying this or any other Beamdog release only after they start working on fixing the UI regressions, anyway. Which might be never.

    Mirak
Sign In or Register to comment.