Skip to content

[mod] Valygar Friendship

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
I'd like to announce that my old La'Valygar was improved and became part of NPC IEP mod series. Here's the original announcement info:

We are happy to announce that NPC Interaction Expansion Project (IEP), a grand endeavour to uplift non-romancing relationships with Bioware NPCs to the high quality standards set by modern mods in regard of depth and complexity, has been expanded once again now adding Valygar to its fold.

An old La'Valygar project got revived, enhanced, edited and renamed by fluke13, Lava Del'Vortel and Jastey, turning into a full-fledged Valygar Friendship.

With this mod installed, you should be able to experience up to 12 dialogues in SoA and up to 5 dialogues in ToB. Note that the mod has changed greatly when compared to its previous incarnation. The most prominent changes from La'Valygar project are additional proofreading and editing, new talks, and improvements to the old ones.

Download
Forum

Enjoy!

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Congratulations for this new gem!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Thanks, but most thanks goes to @fluke13. He helped to edit both old talks and the new ones I wrote. He added some great stuff where it was needed. Also @jastey helped to make it work with the romance mod. That part is still to be improved but first steps were made.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so how is the comparability with this and the romance mod currently? i know it says in the readme it will disable dialogues but is it at a state where it's like the yoshimo ones. where the friendship talks just don't go off if you are in the romance and vise versa.

basicly i'm asking if i should have both installed now or wait until the next update?
    edited September 2018
    The compatibility is in its simplest version here: if you are "a romance match", then the friendship talk will be disabled (only like 2 situational talks will not be locked). If you "shut" the romance then, you may have more friendship talks, but some won't be back (the 3 original talks). If you are not a "romance match" then friendship should happen normally.

That is mostly because romance modifies the 3 original talks, they are merged with the romance track. What we must do is fina a way for the friendship talks to "come back to normal" once the romance is shut, but that will need some careful work, additional testing and so on. We've decided to release the friendship now, as it's a busy time for all mod contrributors now. New version will come, but we don't know when and we wanted to let people enjoy the friendship when we'll be thinking how to make the compatibility work even better.

Tagging @jastey in case she wanted to add something to that.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Currently, both friendship tracks of both mods would play alongside in case of no romance, I think.

I'll have a look at disabling the friendship track of the Corthala Romantique mod in case Valygar Friendship is installed. It's one of the top entries on my modding list next I'll find the time.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Corthala Romantique finally updated and the compatibility betwen CR and IEP Valygar Friendship is now complete:
    If the PC qualifies for the CR romance, IEP friendship talks will not trigger. If there is no romance and both mods are installed, then the friendship talks of CR will not trigger in favor of the IEP Valygar Friendship talks.
    Thank you @LavaDelVortel and @fluke13 for the cooperation!
    Great! Thanks! :)