Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Some gameplay/mechanics questions

2»

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 109
    Different melee weapons have different reaches. If I'm dual-wielding 2 different range weapons is my range determined by the shorter reach one or the one in my main-hand?

I have had situations where I defensive spin and then I can't reach the enemy with a dagger in my main-hand even though I was sure I was in range and it just retro-actively occurred to me that maybe it still would've worked if I simply had the dagger in my off-hand (even though that's the one I'd rather not have thac0 penalties on).

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 1,414
    The mainhand always determines range. Back when it was possible, this also meant offhand weapons could be used at range when thrown weapons were in the mainhand.

LammasThacoBell
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 109
    Alright, thanks.

Hah, I had forgotten that. That was one of the reasons I stopped dualwielding on my fighter-mages because I didn't want to cheese minute meteors too hard but damn if that wasn't hilarious.

2»