Skip to content

Who becomes the new lord of murder?

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
hi everyone.
I would like to know your personal idea on who would become the next lord of murder, if, well, charname died.

There are two sceneries that one could imagine:
> if he died at sarevok's hand
> if he died at irenicus's hand.

I would like to know your idea about the second scenery.

Now, I point my personal idea.

If Irenicus killed the children of Bhaal successfully (no matter if at asylum or at the tree) I think he would have become the next lord of murder, and not only that, but before that, he probably would have first joined the seldarine ranks as a dark reflection of them.

Given that he would actually achieve divine status (or at least, a power close to that?) by draining the tree, I think that there would be a new pawn moving, and Amelyssan, I doubt very much she would know of what Irenicus achieved...

Or would she?

So, I think that the showdown would go like that. Irenicus would have made himself probably hidden from everything /he would just retire into his personal plane) and would have actually waited the things to sort out.

I'm actually uncertain what would be the next moves Amelyssan would do, but surely she would have asked the help of some gods, just to be pointed into the right direction (e.g Cyric)

Then she would actually plan for the bhaalspawn to plot against each other, until the final showdown would happen, and it would end with Irenicus actually trashing her so bad that he would squish her like if she was a mosquito.

And he would actually end it with edgy remarks, knowing Irenicus.

It was Child's play

By the way, was it ever explained by the Solar actually helped you? I mean, was there a particular reason or a player perspective that amounted some credibility? I don't buy the fact that you were the prophetized heir of Bhaal to get his throne.

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Imoen.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091

Imoen.

is that spam? o.o

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Arthas Absolutely not. @AstroBryGuy is a valued member of the community who makes mods for the games. I think he was just suggesting an answer to your question without going into much detail. Believe me, as the greatest spambot hunter among the moderators, I know that is definitely not spam.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @Tresset thank you, I'm not inside these board very much :(
    @AstroBryGuy Would you kindly explain why you've chosen Imoen amongst everyone?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    irenicus seems more intrested in being an elven god then being the next lord of murder. he just wanted your soul for personal reasons.

people may hate me for this but i think it might be Melissan. she just manipulates the five most likely making balthazar kill the other 4 and have no one to stop her and win.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Irenicus' "experiments" unleashed the Bhaal-essence in Imoen. If you look at what David Gaider added with Ascension, Imoen's soul is moving closer to Bhaal. She gains Bhaalspawn powers and can even become the Slayer. Also, in the original plot for BG2 (from what I have read), Imoen was supposed to turn into the Slayer at Suldanessellar and CHARNAME would be forced to kill her. If Irenicus killed CHARNAME, he/she isn't there to pull Imoen back from the abyss of giving into the Bhaalspawn taint. So, I imagine that CHARNAME's death would accelerate Imoen's slide and she embraces her Bhaalspawn heritage. Combined with her powerful abilities as an archmage, she becomes the Lord of Murder.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I think Irenicus is actually a solid answer, provided he "inherited" from CHARNAME the ability to succeed Bhaal. Irenicus is smart enough not to be fooled by Melissan and likely could have defeated the other Bhaalspawn.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    like i said i don't see him wanting bhaal's position. he seems like the type of person who would want to be his own god not take someone's place.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    In the absence of charname, I put my money on Sarevok being the one to come out on top. He has the most knowledge of the prophecy (barring Amelyssan) and the actual drive to do so. Irenicus wouldn't because he has no interest in doing so.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    This might be the kind of power-vacuum that Noober could take advantage of. After about the millionth "hey'a" the rest of the potentials commit suicide and he's anointed the God of Excedrin Headaches...