Skip to content

Mouse cursor disappears while managing inventory. (FIXED)

thundernz1thundernz1 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Fixed
Cursor disappears and mouse becomes unusable when dragging armor from the inventory to the armor slot in the inn.

edit from @Nathan: Hey folks, the new option is in the OPTIONS / GRAPHICS menu. UNCHECK Hardware Mouse Cursor if you're afflicted by this issue.
Post edited by Nathan on

Comments

• qciferqcifer Member Posts: 2
    Having the same problem
  • Whitewind617Whitewind617 Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    Same problem here, except it happens with everything. The cursor will reappear if you go into windowed mode, which is probably related to the problem at hand, so the game is playable, but this is extremely frustrating.

EDIT: And to be clear, the cursor doesn't reappear upon returning to fullscreen mode, and the problem still happens if I was in windowed mode to start with; the cursor will be there only as long as I'm in windowed mode after I pick something up.

Specs:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU - T6600 @ 2.20 GHz
    Memory: 4.00 GB RAM
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    What are your PC specs?
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    edited November 2012
    yeah same here, happens always with halberds, helmets,
    doesn't happen with some items like speed potions or short bows

Edit: Specs:
    Windows Vista Service Pack 32bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz
    Memory 4GB RAM
    GeForce 9600M GT
    Post edited by Grieg on
  • TomaszTomasz Member Posts: 12
    it happens to me with stuff which i bought in shop but when i find sth there it is fine
  • flare100flare100 Member Posts: 9
    Happens to me too when trying to equip amour.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    equipping anything is making my cursor disappear.... not fun when trying to click a person or when leaving an area. is there a way to reset the UI or anything?

• thundernz1thundernz1 Member Posts: 3
    I am also using Windows Vista Service Pack 2 64 bit
  • MrAnselmoMrAnselmo Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    Getting this too, and now seemingly clicking on anything causes it, not just inventory items - (Vista SP 2, ATI gpu). This needs to be fixed FAST or the game will be unplayable (for me). Playing in a window rather than the full screen mode seems to fix it but I really hate playing games in windows! And playing in a window seems to cause problems of its own - I can't mouse scroll on most edges of the screen...
  • magoojymagoojy Member Posts: 8
    Found a workaround - start in windowed mode then maximise the window.
  • Whitewind617Whitewind617 Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    magoojy said:

This doesn't change anything for me unfortunately. Are you actually sure this works for you?

I've found that Tomasz seems to be right by the way: The quarterstaff that I began the game with does not cause this error, but the scimitar and helmet that I purchased do. It apparently only happens with purchased items. I have yet to actually find and pick up an item, so I don't know if that is actually they case, but quarterstaff seems to be fine.

EDIT: Picked up the book you need for one of the first side quests, and it worked fine.
  • SnowiekenSnowieken Member Posts: 2
    Not all store-bought (inn-bought) items seem to cause this problem. I could equip my new morningstar fine, but I had problems when I clicked on my helmet, shield and arrows I purchased for Imoen. Being a sword and shield cleric, I want my helmet and shield!

Just a little hint, while the mouse cursor is gone, pressing Q will still quicksave. It might be stupid, but I actually restarted everytime this happens, losing quite a lot of game time because I didn't save. :)
  • thundernz1thundernz1 Member Posts: 3
    magoojy said:

Windowed mode worked for me although the cursor is a bit inaccurate. Better than nothing until it is fixed.

• SnowiekenSnowieken Member Posts: 2

Windowed mode worked for me although the cursor is a bit inaccurate. Better than nothing until it is fixed.

Well, yeah, at least it's playable now...

• nachtmuseumnachtmuseum Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

the mouse cursor disappears when i click on arrows, helms, bows in my inventory. It only disappears in fullscreen mode. When switching from window to fullscreen it also disappears.
    This is really bad because i cant manage my inventory and it quite breaks the game for me. Window mode is not acceptable for me because it is only 1/4 of my screen size.

My system: Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.29 GHz, 4 GB Ram, Vista HP SP2 64bit, Geforce GTX 460 1 GB (Driver 306.97) in FullHD

How can i fix this? Has anyone encountered this bug?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I've logged the bug. Until this is dealt with you can resize or maximize the window in windowed mode.
  • nachtmuseumnachtmuseum Member Posts: 2
    I try that - thanks
  • AstronAstron Member Posts: 2
    I 've also encountered the same bug. Fullscreen is bugged. When I click on equippable armor the mouse cursor disappears.
    Running on Vista here as well, intel quad core, geforce GTS 250.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I merged the similar bug reports.
  • PyroPatPyroPat Member Posts: 35
    I have the same problem. Running windows vista with amd radeon HD 7900 series grafics card
    Tanthalas said:

I merged the similar bug reports.

(you merged while i was typing in the other post :P)

I love the game thogh, like the changes so far. Hope bugs will not be too hard to manage :)
  • JFSOCCJFSOCC Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    happens to me too, during tutorial, passing a identify scroll from one character to the other no problem, passing the newly identified shield impossible because the moment I drag it I lose the cursor.
    Alt-tabbing and re-entering the game doesn't help. Also lose it for the menus, not just ingame.
  • fistandtwistfistandtwist Member Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    I have recently started a new game, and every time I try and click on an item in my inventory my cursor disappears. Dont know if anyone else is having this problem or if I am an isolated case. It makes the game completely unplayable, so any help on the matter would be much appreciated.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • RephyrRephyr Member Posts: 19
    Problem for me, too. Windowed mode simply isn't an option due to the mouse scrolling.
    Looks like we all have Vista, too? Might that be the problem?
  • esksfanesksfan Member Posts: 6
    I have that issue as well, just bought some armor and when I put it on yep curser disappears, took for ever to find the quick save button so I could end the program. I would also like some help on the matter.
    edited November 2012
    Strange how such a little thing can make a game so unappealing to play isn't it? Windowed mode does provide a work-around (NOT what I'd call a fix, as some have, because that in turn brings up scrolling niggles), but it's dented my enthusiasm. Shame, but I not sure I can play BG:EE again until this gets a proper fix, back to Skyrim until then :-)
    I absolutely can -not- play this game until this is fixed. Windowed mode is terrible, and I can't even rebind the scrolling keys from the arrows to wasd. Terrible.
    Same here, and a lot of other people seem to be having that experience. This doesn't happen if you play in windowed mode, but that brings up its own issues with scrolling (and, personally, I find it breaks the immersion), so you can try that for now and hope that it gets patched soon.
  • esksfanesksfan Member Posts: 6
    MrAnselmo said:

Same here, and a lot of other people seem to be having that experience. This doesn't happen if you play in windowed mode, but that brings up its own issues with scrolling (and, personally, I find it breaks the immersion), so you can try that for now and hope that it gets patched soon.

hmmm.....bummer
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    Same problem here, but only with armours