Skip to content

Mouse cursor disappears while managing inventory. (FIXED)

Comments

• RephyrRephyr Member Posts: 19
    A shameless bump so we can get this topic noticed. I'd like to be able to play the game without a headache.
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    Bump x 2
    Also I should say that I'm also on vista and going into window mode also fixes the problem, although I'd rather have full screen
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    don't use vista guys.
    So I have to buy a new OS to run this? Ha. Very funny. I can load up my original discs just fine. This, unfortunately, is on the BG:EE team. NOT my OS.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Rephyr: Just in case you missed it,
    Coriander said:

I've logged the bug. Until this is dealt with you can resize or maximize the window in windowed mode.

Coriander is a dev. Problem is being looked at.

@Rephyr: Just in case you missed it,

Coriander said:

I've logged the bug. Until this is dealt with you can resize or maximize the window in windowed mode.

Coriander is a dev. Problem is being looked at.
    Hey! Thank you for the heads up!
  • JaysamaJaysama Member Posts: 66
    I've having the same problem, I can't buy any equipment and start the game :'( I've been waiting so long to play this, can someone please tell me if this will be fixed anytime soon?
  • Rebl11983Rebl11983 Member Posts: 1
    Same issue here. Hadn't thought to try Windowed mode, which does fix the issue, thanks for that.

The bug appears to happen when the item would normally be 'picked up' from the inventory slot, at which point both the item and the cursor disappear. The cursor is registering as if it were still present if I manage to blindly click on something, yet remains invisible even after the item I originally picked up is placed into the inventory again.

Tested with several different item types...weapon, armor and helm...all with the same result.

Also, cycling between Windowed and Full Screen mode does not cause the cursor to once more become visible in Full Screen.

Just thought I would provide a few details.
  • CitrusAbyss624CitrusAbyss624 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    This happens to me as well whenever I try to move the staff I picked up from Silke's body in Beregost.

*Update* It also seems to happen whenever I select any helmet.
    Post edited by CitrusAbyss624 on
  • Stiks11Stiks11 Member Posts: 1
    Yep happening to this guy!!
  • AgetianAgetian Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Same problem, the game is unplayable in full screen because of it - even in the Candlekeep Inn, as soon as I buy a long bow and then try to equip it in the character inventory screen, the mouse disappears forever. In windowed mode I don't have this problem, but scrolling in windowed mode is a pain.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT, running on Windows Vista (32bit).
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I have the same problem. I'm using Vista 32bit.
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    bob_veng said:

don't use vista guys.

Don't post unhelpful suggestions guy. >.>

On the bright side of it is a Vista problem at least we know the source rather than the the hundreds of different graphic cards that people are using.

• AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately I'm also having the same problem with a Vista machine. Any news?
  • Lady_CoraLady_Cora Member Posts: 3
    another Vista Machine/Cursor problem here.
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    Same here
  • esksfanesksfan Member Posts: 6
    I have the same problem, I bought some armor at the inn, so I restarted and didn't equip it and continued on for a bit, I got some armor after the ambush, and equipped it fine, but I am afraid to continue, I sure hope that this is fixed soon.
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    @Coriander Will the game auto-update when you fix this?
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    I just had a good hour of playtime, equipping armour in my inventory fine, until I tried putting arrows into Imoen's. It appears to be a lot more random
  • esksfanesksfan Member Posts: 6
    yeah, just played for about another hour and just after a battle around friendly I tried to equip a helmet and boom, lost the mouse icon :(
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    edited November 2012
    hotkeys that are very helpful: "q" quicksave (use before closing the game) or alt+enter - it makes windowed mode - in windowed mode cursor appears again
  • ZayneZayne Member Posts: 32
    Simliar problem, but i'm using XP and windowed mode doesn't work for me
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Pshlos If you're running it with Beamdog or the BGEE launcher you should get an update notification when the patch goes out.
  • shabshab Member Posts: 1
    pointer disappears whenever i try to equip certain items, helm and two-handed sword.
    Makes it rather impossible to play i'm afraid. Any one else encounter this problem?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @shab Yes, others have encountered this. Should be playable in windowed mode until we fix this.
  • BandekBandek Member Posts: 3
    "What's it gonna take to get a little action over here?" My character repeats as he stands in candlekeep idly.

Finally when I had overcome the heartbreaking news that the release would be postponed I put my feelings aside, excited for what was soon to come. The next obstacle was preloading the game, despite leaving my downloader on all day it was to no avail. Once again another obstacle was defeated and I began to anticipate the time to begin my adventure. Thwarted once more by the late start I sat diligently waiting, hoping, praying that the game would be prepared shortly. The moment arrived... I dove into my adventure as an archer, filled with delight to see what lay before me only to be foiled again!!!

My cursor dissapears when I access the inventory and I have played a total of 2 minutes and this has impeded the play of the entire game already.

So with that being said this time I ask you... What's it gonna take to get a little action over here?

• DeimosComicsDeimosComics Member Posts: 8
    Current: When I click on an armor item the mouse cursor dissappears permanently.

Expected: The cursor should transform to the armor item just like with every other item.

I have an ATI Radeon card which I just upgraded the drivers to overcome another bug.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    I've seen the exact opposite happen. I've seen armor in chest, the when I click the items to loot them, the items disappear. I close and reopen the chest and the items are back. It's only happened once.
  • ManybadgersManybadgers Member Posts: 9
    I have this too.
    Intel Core i7 CPU 920 2.67GHz 8GB RAM Windows Vista (64bit)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS240
  • EndarEndar Member Posts: 5
    Bump, because this needs to be fixed, or at least replied to...