Skip to content

Mouse cursor disappears while managing inventory. (FIXED)

Comments

• SyntropySyntropy Member Posts: 2
    This happens to me but when I start the game the cursor is not there. It does not just disappear when I enter inventory.

Computer: Alienware m18xr1
    Intel core i7 @ 2.2 GHZ
    8GB ram
    AMD Radeon 6990 crossfire
    Windows 7
  • SyntropySyntropy Member Posts: 2
    Wanted to note that the mouse does appear when in window mode. Forgot to add that.
  • Syntropy said:

Wanted to note that the mouse does appear when in window mode. Forgot to add that.

hes right it does reappear when in windowed but disapears when back to full-screen, and since there isnt an option to adjust resolution to make a window fit the screen it is most unpleasant
  • JediMindTrickJediMindTrick Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Happening to me too. Sad face. I lose the mouse anytime I click on anything in the inventory which makes the game completely unplayable. Back to Skyrim I guess until a patch. Sad face.

My video card is an Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS.

My computer is an HP Pavillion ap6620f. 2.5 gz processor and 4.0 GB RAM. Windows Vista 64 Bit.

• Updated the video drivers and it seems to work now.
  • FWHJamesFWHJames Member Posts: 29
    The composite bow also makes it go no mouse
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    got an update for the game, was hoping this was fixed by now. still not fixed on my end. :(
  • CrossfellCrossfell Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Greetings,

Every time I attempt to equip a helmet in Candlekeep I loose my mouse icon. At that point I can't equip anything.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Crossfell
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    By using the powers of Voodoo I know you are using Vista.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7443/mouse-cursor-disappears-while-managing-inventory/p1

The workaround is to Alt-Enter into Windowed mode. It is a bug and it will be addressed soon I'm sure.
  • troastyroastytroastyroasty Member Posts: 2
    Aye, alt+enter to go to windowed mode was very helpful. It's not optimal, but at least it's playable now.
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    I've got a further problem in windowed mode actually, the cursor displays lower than it actually is. For example to open a door I have to place the cursor an inch or so underneath that door
  • Nevermind still disapears when touching a helmet
  • KoekenmakerKoekenmaker Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2012
    There are other threads about this no fix yet only work around by playing in windowmode seems to be vista related doens,t matter what hardware you got
    Post edited by Koekenmaker on
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    so my coursour will dissapeer compleatly as i'm trying to equip a helmet. isanyoe else having this problem?
  • JocgameJocgame Member Posts: 2
    yes me. the same problem.
  • HectorHector Member Posts: 23
    I have this problem. On Vista. One can't help but wonder, did they f*cking test on Vista?
  • AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    This has been a reported problem. When I launched the game today there was an instal ready, so I updated. This mostly removed this problem. Not quite though as I did have the missing cursor curse effect me once when I picked up a set of chain mail and then went to move it in the inventory screen.

Maybe leave the game and re-launch. Maybe then you also get the update.
  • RephyrRephyr Member Posts: 19
    Hector said:

I have this problem. On Vista. One can't help but wonder, did they f*cking test on Vista?

It's pretty blatantly obvious that they didn't, actually.

I wouldn't mind them letting me help test using MY machine. You screwed me because I have Vista? Fine. Give me some beta-patches or something. I'll take a hotfix or two.

Hint, hint, Overhaul.
  • hiddenrabbithiddenrabbit Member Posts: 3
    agree...tried window mode tonight don't like it...pleases fix
  • CrossfellCrossfell Member Posts: 3
    Thanks!
  • hiddenrabbithiddenrabbit Member Posts: 3
    the alt-ent should work to atleast get ya the mouse back, still got to shut down and reload to get it to play right in regular mode... messed with window mode a little bit.... not a fan
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    AndyM said:

This has been a reported problem. When I launched the game today there was an instal ready, so I updated. This mostly removed this problem. Not quite though as I did have the missing cursor curse effect me once when I picked up a set of chain mail and then went to move it in the inventory screen.

Maybe leave the game and re-launch. Maybe then you also get the update.

tried that. didn't work still have that problem
  • My cursor disappears when I equip things in my inventory at the friendly arm when you meet Khalid and Jaheira.
  • trinitetrinite Member Posts: 1
    Mine's disappearing when I open up the inventory in the tutorial.
  • I hope they fix this soon. I really cant play or go any further till i can see what I'm clicking on instead of guessing.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    edited December 2012
    First post, just registered. Wanted to chime in that it is also a problem on my PC using Windows XP.
    Post edited by PeteAtoms on
  • SilverrogueSilverrogue Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Here is something I did that helped...click on the graghics button when you go into option, then click on fullscreen.
  • BlokeBloke Member Posts: 8
    As posted elsewhere, press alt + enter to switch to windowed mode and the cursor will reappear. If you switch back to fullscreen it will still be invisible.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036

Does anybody know if it's being worked on/is possible to be fixed/is going to be fixed soon?

This is being looked into.