Skip to content

Mouse cursor disappears while managing inventory. (FIXED)

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

bob_veng said:

don't use vista guys.

Don't post unhelpful suggestions guy. >.>

On the bright side of it is a Vista problem at least we know the source rather than the the hundreds of different graphic cards that people are using.

it's not unhelpful, don't use (the terrible terrible and broken piece of crap) vista, and you'll be fine (or at least, better off).
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    edited December 2012
    Latest patch seems to have solved my issue. Hopefully it keeps working after I reload the game. /crosses fingers.

Unclicking the new "Hardware Mouse" option in the graphics screen seems to have done the trick.

EDIT: yay! it seems to have worked.
    The new patch has added a new option in the graphics option screen. I unchecked Hardware Mouse and my problem seems to have resolved. :)
  • kdalikdali Member Posts: 23
    Same problem
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    edited December 2012
    Problem fixed with unchecked new option: Hardware Mouse Cursor:]
    thanks
  • PyroPatPyroPat Member Posts: 35
    I saw there was just an update that was suposed to fix "mouse cursor not showing up" so i decided to test it, but sadly my cursor stil disapares when i pick up some armours armours (full plate and robe of the good archmagi so far)

I love the game too much to stop playing, but i look forwards to when i can play in fullscreen :)
    edited December 2012
    @PyroPat You didn't read at all any posts above yours?

There is new graphic option avaible with update (30.11.2012), and after actualization:
    You have to uncheck new function in graphic options: Hardware Mouse Cursor
  • derSchmididerSchmidi Member Posts: 1
    maybe you should communicate bug fixes like these after installing the update, would be helpful. i don't click through all options all the time.

watch me getting angry about the mouse cursor bug on youtube.com/derSchmidi on my german let's play of bg: ee

great game, thanks a lot!
  • PyroPatPyroPat Member Posts: 35
    Grieg said:

@PyroPat You didn't read at all any posts above yours?

There is new graphic option avaible with update (30.11.2012), and after actualization:
    You have to uncheck new function in graphic options: Hardware Mouse Cursor

Ah, sorry! Didnt see the above posts, was too busy playing :P I tried unchecking the hardware cursor and now it works properly. Thanks :)
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    Yaaaaaaaaay :D fully functioning game!
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    i am very pleased now :)
    Where do I get the update?
    NM :D
    kdali said:

Where do I get the update?

When I restarted my launcher, I was given a notification/popup that an update was available to install. Have you tried restarting the launcher? If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer.
  • EncodedEncoded Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The issue I have been encountering is quite crippling. After I select an item in the inventory screen the mouse cursor disappears from the screen. I am still able to interact with the game but without knowledge of where the mouse is located. I want using the inventory screen to not force me to leave the game.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm afraid this isn't fixed even after the update and with new new graphical option ticked.

This time I got all the way out of Candlekeep (which is pretty good considering I was getting stuck at Winthrop's previously.

As soon as I met up with Imoen and attempted to reorganise her inventory, specifically her equipped arrows I got the same problem - and fixed it in the same way (Alt-Entr, play in window). If I go back to full screen the mouse is still gone.
    @decado you should uncheck it:]
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Okay - I'll give it a go.
  • JediMindTrickJediMindTrick Member Posts: 2
    The patch didn't help.

Just downloaded the patch yet I still lose the mouse whenever I try to do anything on the inventory screen. I found I can play in windows mode but that is tedious because of the difficulty it creates in moving the screen. My system stats are listed a few posts above.
    @JediMindTrick uncheck Hardware Mouse Cursor in graphic options
  • superpyrosuperpyro Member Posts: 7
    so had to update my video card and change some settings, was very annoying to do, uncheck that box, also down load the game with bad internet. I was here on launch day started download at 4 and after 3 days of only having a few hours per day after work to set up the game, and fix bugs i can finality play :).
  • ManybadgersManybadgers Member Posts: 9
    Problem solved after I unchecked Hardware Mouse Cursor as someone said.
  • CrabpawsCrabpaws Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    This is after the Nov 30th patch;

Bug location: Obe's training grounds in Candlekeep (the house).

- Mouse cursor disappears when unequipping weapons(axe and bow) and quivers on Arkanis(Dwarf fighter).
    - Mouse cursor disappears when unequipping Deder's armour.

When exporting character with these items, the bug still persist when attempting to equip.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Have you turned off "Hardware Mouse Cursor" in the Graphics options?
  • EviltoastEviltoast Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    During the prologue, whenever I place a helmet n my character, the mouse cursor disappears from the screen. It also causes the item in question to disappear from the inventory as well.

If I close the game and reload it comes right back.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Have you tried to turn off "Hardware Mouse Cursor" in the Graphics options?
  • EviltoastEviltoast Member Posts: 1
    That did it. Thanks! I must have missed it looking through the fix list.
  • mediccraigmediccraig Member Posts: 1
    i have turned off that feature and now its back to save the world.....again

i have turned off that feature and now its back to save the world.....again

Glad you got it working. :)
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2012
    They should add a foot note in the options, or someway to let all know.