Skip to content

Ascension v2.0

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @DavidW Are you sure? General wisonm on Ascension has been to ALWAYS install it first.

installing ascension after all npc mods would cause an issue i feel. it will overwrite their epilogues with the ascension ones and break something.

as mods like edwin romance, imoen romance changes party members epilogues [ the former changes edwin's default one alongside adding new ones.]
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    As a technical matter, this is a modern-coded version of ascension, so it is *way* more friendly to being installed over other mods than the old version was. In particular, if you have an NPC mod that is expecting some very specific structure of files (e.g., the old Ascension’s structure) Ascension 2.0 will probably install over it more easily than vice versa.

As a conceptual matter, though, it’s true that if a mod changes a core NPC’s epilogue, then Ascension will overwrite it.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Question: can you block imoen dialogues from Ascension (the one with the solar) if you've got Imoen Romance installed?
    Possibly; will investigate.
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2019
    Sorry to bother you, I've been slowly building a new modded install and came up upon an error while trying to install Wheels of Prophecy over the new updated Ascension, I assume it's because of structural changes in Ascension, right?

Error dump from the install:
    Including and running function(s) wheels_throneroom
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

SFO: Cloning CRE file(s) balelit1=>dw#wrmo1 balelit2=>dw#wrmo2 balelit3=>dw#wrmo3 balelit4=>dw#wrmo4 and applying patch(es)...

ERROR Installing [The Wheels of Prophecy], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 121 files for [WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled    121 files for [WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [balelit1.CRE] not found for 'COPY'")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-WHEELS.DEBUG and look for support at: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=156
    Using Language [English]

Ascension is 2.0.3
    Wheels of Prophecy is 8.2

I'd assume you probably already know about this, so I'm just reporting this just in case in the remote chance it could be of help... so, again sorry for the bother in case you already know and feel free just to ignore this :)

No worries, I'll probably just skip installing Wheels for now and I'll just redo the install again later.

Best regards!

EDIT2: Forgot to mention! I'm installing this over EET in case it matters... it just slipped my mind :/

EDIT: Added the zipped DEBUG log, in case it's needed.
    Post edited by leeux on
    Thanks; yes, I’m aware of the issue, it’s fixed locally but I’m away from home and can’t easily upload a new version just yet. The easiest workaround is to install Tougher Balthazar from Ascension 2.0 before installing WoP.
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2019
    Awesome, thank you! Gonna do that then, instead of skipping! I wasn't going for full on challenge playthrough this time, but in the case of Balthazar shouldn't matter. Still, even then Ascension is a must for me :)

Thank you very much for all you hard work!

EDIT: I just did as you said and it worked! Thank you again :)
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Speaking of which...is the component "Sarevok's Remorse" from Unfinished Business compatible with the current version of Ascension? I heard they used to not be compatible so I wonder whether I should install it so it does not mess anything up.
    I don’t know; I’ll look.
    I've set up a forum thread here at G3 to discuss compatibility.
    @Mothor : can you give me a link or something for the supposed incompatibility?
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    DavidW wrote: »
    @Mothor : can you give me a link or something for the supposed incompatibility?

I've read in Leonardo Watson's BWP(Big World Project) that "There might be a conflict between UB's Sarevok's Remorse and Ascension's Sarevok's dialogues".

I actually experienced problems when playing both of those elements around 5-8 years ago and had not tried installing both since. And I have not seen any mention of it being fixed anywhere so I wondered if it was still the case or whether I shouldn't install UB's Sarevok's Remorse if I want to play Ascension without problems.
  • StormfinStormfin Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2019
    Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I cannot get component "Item Crafting" to install. I suspect the new Ascension 2 introduces some kind of clash - "gpmage1.baf" ?

Error occurs on both TnB 0.8.32 and 0.8.35.

It used to install fine with a tonne of mods. Ascension and Wheels are the only things I have changed.

Edit: Sorry, put this in the wrong forum, now I can't figure out how to delete it :D
    [TomeAndBlood/data/arcane_crafting/wand/b_wnd17.itm] loaded, 322 bytes
    Copied [TomeAndBlood/data/arcane_crafting/wand/b_wnd17.itm] to [override/b_wnd17.itm]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [TomeAndBlood/data/arcane_crafting/wand/b_wnd18.itm] loaded, 218 bytes
    Copied [TomeAndBlood/data/arcane_crafting/wand/b_wnd18.itm] to [override/b_wnd18.itm]
    Compiling 2 scripts ...
    [./override/TRIGGER.IDS] loaded, 9888 bytes
    [./override/ACTION.IDS] loaded, 16647 bytes
    [./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 28369 bytes

[override/gpmage1.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
    Near Text: SC
    syntax error

[override/gpmage1.baf] ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
    Near Text: SC
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [override/gpmage1.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: error compiling [override/gpmage1.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: compiling [override/gpmage1.baf]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Arcane Crafting], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [TomeAndBlood/backup/120/OTHER.120]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "TomeAndBlood/backup/120/OTHER.120")
    [TomeAndBlood/backup/120/UNSETSTR.120] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Stormfin wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I cannot get component "Item Crafting" to install. I suspect the new Ascension 2 introduces some kind of clash - "gpmage1.baf" ?

Error occurs on both TnB 0.8.32 and 0.8.35.

It used to install fine with a tonne of mods. Ascension and Wheels are the only things I have changed.

See here. As a workaround, remove gpmage1.baf from your override directory.
    Thank You for speedy reply! Can't see any other issues so far in my hefty mod stack, at least not on installation.
    Yep, that would be me. :D When do we punch these console commands in? At start of play?
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    Is this mod compatible with https://github.com/Holic75/Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5 ?
    Stormfin wrote: »
    Yep, that would be me. :D When do we punch these console commands in? At start of play?
    Any time before starting Ascension content - basically,you might as well do it right away.

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    So with this Ascension mod, does it largely only add new content to ToB? I forgot to install this before my SoA playthrough (of which I'm now nearing the end, with only the final battle with Irenicus to go). Given that the mod mostly seems to deal with ToB enemies and encounters, the only thing I think I might have missed out on is Imoen's Bhaalspawn abilities, but if she doesn't start getting them till ToB, I should still be safe to install it, yes?
    Entirely safe.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the reply! :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, as I'm running the Imoen Romance mod, to avoid screwing up that mod's custom endings, I should install Ascension, then re-install the Imoen Romance mod on top of it, right?
    it was not that much of an issues with the older beta Ascension to install mods that had new epilogues over the Ascension ones. but with 2.0 there seems to be a huge issues doing that as it will cause errors with mods that add new epilogues if installed after Ascension.
    @Zaxares: probably.
    @megamike15: if you give me a concrete example, I can look into it.
    edited July 2019
    Two questions:

1) Does the improved slayer heal you to max after you transformed? Edit: It does.
    2) What about immunity to web? Does the improved slayer have it? Edit: I don't know how I would check this one.
    Post edited by Arthas on
    These are things you could test for yourself very easily, surely?
    okay, I will try these later (I would like to use a mod that adds these two features)
    well i think currently if you have any mods that effect the epilogue or imoen and servaok you should just not install those ascension components until the issue is resolved.

so imoen romance, seravok friendship, the banter pack, edwin romance and i think viconia's friendship mod.