Skip to content

Contingency/Trigger/Sequencer BUG

SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
Hello everyone, long time since I logged here :)
I am currently playing BG:EE 1 & 2 with a friend and I found a bug I can't seem to squash.
We're in BG2:EE atm and I found that I cannot select spells while in contingency or spell trigger/sequencer window.
Our game has some mods but I run them many times even in EE without problems of sort.
In the current screenshot nothing happens after I select a spell a click Memorize:
Any idea how to fix it? (the spwiXXX.spl files are untouched, in case you're wondering)

1u36upu6gh3o.png
cj7uj3j0ijk1.png

Thanks in advance

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I just checked on an old BG2:EE folder (v 2.3.67.3) and there it works as intended.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    This may be a stupid question, but does your sorcerer have any uses left per day of those spells? Also, could you upload your save file?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Any UI mods? The UI for the contingency/sequencer section changed from v.2.3 to v2.5, and would display the issue you are having if such a mod did not take those changes into account.
    edited June 2019
    Tresset wrote: »
    This may be a stupid question, but does your sorcerer have any uses left per day of those spells? Also, could you upload your save file?

Hehe... Yes I had spells, else they wouldn't show up. Also, it is a T/M (not that it changes anything)
    The save has nothing to do unfortunately: the same save shows a problem if I load it with the v2.5 but works in v2.3.
    kjeron wrote: »
    Any UI mods? The UI for the contingency/sequencer section changed from v.2.3 to v2.5, and would display the issue you are having if such a mod did not take those changes into account.

Ah! That must be it! I actually don't have any mod that changes UI, but that must be the problem.
    Do you happen to know which file changes the contingency/sequencer UI?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited June 2019
    The file to look for in the override folder is "UI.MENU", if it doesn't exist there then the issue is something else.
    edited February 2020
    I've no such file :(
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
    edited June 2019
    I'm kinda sure it has to be some file in the "data" folder tho
    No, it's not T_T
    After some tests I found out the problem is in the Baldur.exe.
    If I switch the v2.5 file with its v2.3 older version all contingencies, spell triggers/sequencers work.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Sounds like you'd need to completely reinstall the game.
    edited June 2019
    Too much of a hassle, unfortunately.
    I was so crazy to fix every broken .itm, .spl, .dlg from TDD and planar sphere mod, on top of Tactics, SCS, RR, UB and some other mods.
    A fresh install would mean re-modify the dialog.tlk once again, not just importing the stuff in override.
    I'll keep the v2.3.x Baldur.exe with the new data and share the whole folder with my friend so that there are no conflicts.

Thanks for help tho!