Skip to content

[Kit Mod] The Artisan's Kitpack

TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
edited January 2021 in General Modding

The Artisan's Kitpack is a collection of original kits and kit reworks for the PC and certain NPCs.

The Hivemaster and Warhorn Shaman are compatible with Deities and Avatars.

Fighter
Arcane Archer
  • Emily (must be installed after kitpack)
Berserker
Kensai
Vanguard
  • Khalid

Ranger
Dark Hunter
Rashemi Berserker
  • Minsc only

Paladin
Divine Champion Mystic Fire
Blackguard

Druid
Elementalist
Hivemaster
Thief
Assassin
  • Montaron
  • Hexxat
Magekiller
Rogue Archer
  • Imoen
Trickster
  • Imoen

Bard
Go check out Bardic Wonders.

Shaman
Warhorn Shaman
  • M'khiin

Sorcerer
Dragon Disciple
Pale Master
Post edited by TheArtisan on
RaduzielNecromanx2StefanORik_KirtaniyaFlashburnZaghoulDan_P_DD_

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    We can make the same for the Paladin and Ranger kits if you want to - DoF also reaches those.

Congratulations for the release, it is a very impressive kitpack.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2019
    New update - removing some clutter files and adding a new component - reworked Berserker. More dangerous gameplay, less press-button-to-resist-everything nonsense. With this version of the Berserker having a much more shaky defense, the Fighter is no longer completely outclassed.

Since the Berserker's done now I'll probably do the Barbarian as well. It'll probably be a bit more like Minsc's kit, though not as powerful overall. I know this is weird since that one is named Rashemi Berserker but I wanted Minsc and Korgan to have different niches which is why I made this Berserker different to the other one, so pardon the confusion.

And no, I will not just make Minsc a barbarian. I like Ranger Minsc far too much.
    BERSERKER: This is a warrior who is in tune with <PRO_HISHER> animalistic side and, during combat, can achieve an ecstatic state of mind that will enable <PRO_HIMHER> to fight longer, harder, and more savagely than any person has a right to. Berserkers tend to be barbarian-like in nature, but not always. Sometimes it is a conscious choice that a warrior in training makes. Regardless, opponents on the battlefield will be unsettled when they see the savage and inhuman elements of the Berserker's personality. This class is common amongst dwarves, known to them as the Battlerager.

Advantages:
    – Immunity to fear, morale failure and involuntary berserk effects.
    – Gains the In Extremis passive effect.

IN EXTREMIS: Berserkers revel in the thrill of carnage to a sadomasochistic degree, and fight harder when approaching death while most warriors would falter or retreat. While powerful, the berserker's technique is a double-edged sword – as the berserker accumulates more wounds in battle, their blows become increasingly deadly, yet their defense falters, becoming more vulnerable to further damage.
    >50% Hit Points: +2 to THAC0 and Damage, -2 penalty to Armor Class
    >25% Hit Points: +4 to THAC0 and Damage, -4 penalty to Armor Class
    >10% Hit Points: +8 to THAC0 and Damage, -6 penalty to Armor Class

– May use the Enrage ability once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

ENRAGE: The berserker taps into <HISHER> frenzy though sheer force of will, instantly gaining the maximum benefits of In Extremis regardless of current hit points for one turn. However, tapping into the berserker's desperate power causes <HIMHER> to suffer 10% of <HISHER> maximum hit points in damage each round. This damage is non-lethal and will only knock the berserker unconscious.

– From 4th level onwards, may use the Reckless Frenzy ability at will.

RECKLESS FRENZY: The berserker deliberately injures <HIMHER>self, instantly reducing <HISHER> hit points to 20% of <PRO_HISHER> maximum. This ability has no effect if used while the berserker is already below 25% maximum hit points. Additionally, Reckless Frenzy removes the berserker's winded state.

– From 7th level onwards, the berserker gains +2/+4/+8 to <HISHER> movement rate while under the effects of In Extremis.

– From 10th level onwards, the berserker's trance-like state makes <PRO_HIMHER> more likely to shrug off debilitating effects, gaining +2/+5/+10 to all Saving Throws while under the effects of In Extremis.

– From 14th level onwards, the berserker gains 10%/20%/50% resistance to all damage while under the effects of In Extremis.

– From 20th level onwards, the berserker gains +1/+3/+10 to critical hit rate while under the effects of In Extremis.

Disadvantages:
    – Becomes winded for five rounds after using Enrage, suffering a -2 penalty to Armor Class, to-hit rolls, and damage rolls. Additionally, the berserker is unable to gain the benefits of In Extremis while winded.
    – May not Specialize in ranged weapons.
    – Alignment restricted to any non-lawful.
    OlvynChuruRaduzielFlashburn
  • stayhoidedstayhoided Member Posts: 6
    Awesome kitpack!

I just rolled up an Arcane Archer and I'm not absolutely loving the magical effect on hit caused by Enhanced Arrow, is there a .EFF that I can edit in NI to remove the visuals/sound? Otherwise perfect.
    @stayhoided

You can remove the smoke visual in the c0aain1.spl file. Unfortunately the blast sound effect is coded into the magic damage type so you can’t remove it without doing the same to all attacks with using the same type.
    edited July 2019
    Updated with cosmetic improvements and NPC options.

Arcane Archer/Mage now displays its kit name next to the XP stats instead of fighter, dwarven berserkers, as per their description, display their kit name as Battleragers (only works after character creation). M'khiin may now be a Warhorn Shaman (hp increases and quarterstaff proficiency point is moved to axes) and Montaron may be installed as a single-class Assassin or a Fighter/Assassin.
    Raduziel
  • stayhoidedstayhoided Member Posts: 6
    Ah, I see.

Thank you for your response and again, GREAT job on this kitpack!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @stayhoided
    I made a tiny sound mod that uses Neverwinter Nights' version of magic damage so you don't have to hear that deafening "KA-CHOW" sound every time an arrow hits. I think it's much more pleasant. But this changes the SFX of all magic damage sources in the game (magic missile, horrid wilting, etc.). Put this in your override folder.

@AionZ
    On a bug-related note, the Kensai's Ki Focus gives the character a permanent 20% damage boost instead of being limited to 2 rounds.
    Satrhan
    Fixed both bugs with the Kensai and the Magekiller.
  • KatelingKateling Member Posts: 5
    First off, I wanted to say thank you - I've had so much fun with this mod. Absolutely love some of these kits, they have made for some incredibly fun RP-heavy runs.

I rolled a Dark Hunter, but unfortunately I encountered a bug with her ability to Set Traps. Once you get to Level 4, her Set Traps level is reset permanently to 5. I checked the values in EEKeeper and the Set Traps Stat modifier (under Effects) is set as a flat value, rather than a cumulative one. It's easy enough to work around, but it does mean save-game editing every time my character levels up.
  • markwaddellmarkwaddell Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for this mod, it's truly awesome.

I took a Mystic Fire paladin through BG1EE and Siege of Dragonspear, but when I imported him to BG2EE his class was basic Paladin. Wondering if I need to do something on my end to fix his class?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Thanks for this mod, it's truly awesome.

I took a Mystic Fire paladin through BG1EE and Siege of Dragonspear, but when I imported him to BG2EE his class was basic Paladin. Wondering if I need to do something on my end to fix his class?

Have you installed the kit on BG2 as well?
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @markwaddell assuming it is not what Raduziel said, something to keep in mind is that mod kits do not transfer between BGEE and BG2EE since the two games install kits in different slots. So when you import BGEE characters BG2EE uses the kit it sees in the slot number instead of what BGEE had.

What I do is when I am done in BGEE, I create a character save. I then copy that character file to BG2EE character save location. I open the file with EEKeeper and set the kit to what it should be and then use that when starting a new BG2EE game.

I think @argent77 tried to create a mod that allowed for direct importing between 1 & 2, but I could not get it to work for me.
    Gusinda
    @Raduziel I've installed the mod for BG2 as well, yes.

@Necromanx2 I didn't realize that. Hmm. I did end up setting his kit to Mystic Fire using EEKeeper, but after I'd started the game. And when he got his level 2 spells, the arcane spells from the kit were missing. So maybe I'll try editing the save file first and then start a new game.
    @Necromanx2 That seems to have worked! Thank you!
  • Alesh91Alesh91 Member Posts: 26
    Is this compatible with EET?
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    edited October 2019
    Minsc doesn't seem to get this rashemi berserker ranger kit... I installed the mod before arriving to nashkel, and he is still a ranger when I first meet him...

edit : nvm, after starting a new game he correctly get his kit, weird but anyway.... !
    Post edited by zelurker on
  • CantripNCantripN Member Posts: 4
    Small bug with using Arcane Archer / Mage multiclass option. It creates weird-iconless special abilities on top of the normal abilities. QD_MC#03, and QD_MC#05, etc. It also gives Protection from Spell for QD_MCF01 and others, is that intended?

When I make a pure-class Arcane Archer none of that happens.

Also, the ingame attack and damage stats don't reflect the magical arrows (I believe they should), this is true for both versions.
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    Hexxat kitted to Assassin seems to not be getting her cast of Cloak of Shadows back. She died after using it in a fight and hasn't gotten it back after more than a day.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Hello, I have an issue the Kensai kit, some HLA cant work or I dont understand how the work. In my abilities bar, I cant find their icon. They are passice abilities? Thank you in advance, take care.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Ok, Im sorry for the previous post, now I got how they work, thank you for this great mod! Take care.
  • MRoMRo Member Posts: 8
    The assassin doesn't start at 3x backstab multiplier, any idea why ?

I am on EET with some mods (tweak antology might do something...)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited February 2020
    The component "Way of the Assassin" fails to install on IWD:EE:
    ERROR: Failure("resource [leat08.itm] not found for 'COPY'")

Apparently, there's no Shadow Armor item in that game.

PS: Also, the kit's website still links to the no-longer-existing github repo (from when it was still a separate mod).
    Post edited by ineth on
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,052
    edited February 2020
    For Arcane Archer, the class description/expected result:

– May not wear armor heavier than chain mail.

Is actually coded as:

-May not wear armor heavier than studded leather.

as per the regular Archer. Not sure which is right and which is wrong, so opted to put it here.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The class's item usability flag is 0x00008000, same as an Archer's. Change it to 0x40000000 and it will have the same item restrictions as a Barbarian, which allows chain mail and splint mail but still forbids plate mail and full plate.

If splint is also supposed to be forbidden while chain is not, you'd have to also add Disallow Item effects to whatever .spl files you've got listed in the relevant CLAB file, forbidding individual suits of splint mail by name (like CHAN04 and CHAN05, etc.).
    edited February 2020
    @Skitia

I think it's supposed to be limited to elven chain mail (which is enabled for archers within the component) and the site description doesn't reflect that properly. I just checked, the in-game description is correct - don't ask me how I messed that up, I'm almost certain I copied-pasted.

I'd use the barbarian usability, which I used to, but it's bugged as all hell. The fighter kit can work with it, but the fighter/mage becomes completely unable to use stuff like mage robes and other equipment for no apparent reason. The same applies for dual-classes - some thief items become unusable too. Oh, and you become immune to backstab if you use it because certain kit innates are coded directly into usability. Don’t ask me why.
    semiticgoddessFlashburn
  • SatrhanSatrhan Member Posts: 75
    There are some very interesting classes in here, might try some of them for a playthrough.
    I can confirm two issues that have been reported above though.

As @Kateling found, progressing to level 4 and above sets the set trap skill to 5. I took a peek with NI, it seems C0DH#04.spl was set to set, rather than increment. I've attached the fixed ability, to drop in override after installing/to include in the mod.

@CantripN reported there are some issues with the Arcane archer/mage multiclass. When leveling the archer part to level 3 and 5 you get the QD_MC#03 and QD_MC#05 innate abilities. These are tied to @Aquadrizzt 's multiclass kit library I think, but how that works is a bit beyond me. Obviously these abilities are not supposed to show up. The kit seems to function like it should up to here though.
    Creating a new archer/mage in BG2EE gives the same abilities. When, using eekeeper, to level him further to SoA cap two more of these innates show up, #09 and #13. So they seem to be tied to the level where you're getting a new ability.
    Flashburn
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,052
    I've seen those innate abilites from the multi-class library show up too. I just ignore them because they don't break anything, but it may be someting for Aquadrizzt to elaborate on.
    Satrhan
    v1.8 should fix the bugs with the Dark Hunter, Arcane Archer and Assassin.
    SatrhanGusinda
  • SatrhanSatrhan Member Posts: 75
    Great, thanks for the update!
    edited March 2020
    Updated to v1.9. Fixed a bug with the Assassin's poison, updated Hivemaster to use the new Poison Weapon ability, and added a Blackguard rework.

The vanilla blackguard isn't necessarily weak, but it is so boring. It's strong at low levels but weak late game. Both its unique abilities, which are the only thing that really distinguishes it, are single use, which I find ridiculous. I've introduced a bunch of new tricks for the blackguard:
    • Absorb Health has been renamed to Life Drain. Its damage has been halved to 1 hit point per level, but it adds the health to the blackguard's maximum on top of healing them, and additionally drains THAC0 and Damage for a reasonable duration. However, it can no longer affect non-living creatures like undead and golems. Extra uses are gained at levels 8 and 12.
    • Aura of Despair is now a passive effect, which I feel is more thematic. In place of its original effects, it reduces the saving throws, morale, and damage output (a 10-25% reduction of all damage, scaling with level) of enemies within its area of effect. It's not very useful early on, but the -4 save penalty at 21st level is a great utility for your casters. The morale reduction also can cause enemies to immediately flee in terror at the sight of the blackguard, which I find especially entertaining. Non-living creatures are unaffected.
    • The blackguard now can backstab up to a maximum of x4. Now, obviously they don't have access to stealth, so they'll need to get invisibility through other means.
    • They now use the same Poison Weapon as the kitpack's assassin.
    • The blackguard gains a small selection of mage spells: Blindness, Larloch's Minor Drain, Horror, Invisibility (the blackguard's only innate way of making use of their backstab), Vampiric Touch, Hold Undead, Improved Invisibility, Contagion.
    • At 12th level, the blackguard gains a new ability called Fiendish Reckoning. This spell gives a sizable boost to THAC0, damage and hit points, but has a low duration of 3 rounds. However, the blackguard can repeatedly reset the duration by killing a creature while it is in effect. However! Be careful, because if the blackguard fails to kill something in the initial duration, they suffer a large amount of magic damage, incur a penalty to THAC0, and their damage is halved for 6 rounds. This makes the buff a bit unusual to use, as instead of a pre-buff it is best used as a finisher.
    • Like the kitpack's assassin, a PC blackguard incurs -2 reputation at the start of the game.
    Now, this does look like a lot of tools. Most of them are themed around playing dirty - stat drain, save reduction, poison, backstabs. I will say that I think this version of the blackguard is more powerful than the original, but not gamebreakingly so. It's worth noting that Life Drain's damage is much lower than Absorb Health, and Aura of Despair does little to benefit the blackguard himself until the higher levels. I personally have played it a bit (although only through IWDEE) and don't think it's too strong, but it is a lot of fun. I may figure out a reasonable and appropriate disadvantage to add to it in the future.
    StefanOFlashburnGusinda