• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645

Swashbuckler dualed to Fighter at level 2 (created yesterday in 5 minutes):

STR 18
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 13
    WIS 13
    CHA 18

Swashbucklers should be dualed at level 5 - 6 minimum for the kit bonuses in BG1, plus an extra optional level for sufficient thief points. In BG2 they should be dualed at level 10.
    Pantalion said:

Am I doing it right guys?

6 Con? You used to be an adventurer just like me, but then you took an arrow to the knee and died.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    edited November 2012
    For those who asks, I spend literally hours to rolls for 4 characters, here my observation;

First of all, my best roll was 95pt, a sorcerer; 16 str, 18 dex, 16 con, 18 int, 11 wis, 16 cha (take about 45minutes).

Usually you will get something like 82-84pts on good rolls (10 everywhere and 22-24 extra pts). If you are really lucky you will get 89-91pts (10 everywhere and 29-31 extra pts). If you are really really lucky, you will get 93-96pts (10 everywhere and 33-36 extra pts). So basically even the 83-85pts are really good, but if you want a well-balanced char you will need 10 more pts (like a paladin with very good fighting skills).

So I managed to get 91-93-95 for in my best rolls. In my opinion, 97-98-99 are a myth, dont look for that. :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

So I managed to get 91-93-95 for in my best rolls. In my opinions, 97-98-99 are a myth, dont look for that. :)

I don't, I roll best of 10 rolls for non magic users, best of 20 for magic users
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Oxford_Guy

Here ya go.

And no, copy and paste doesn't work.

@Mungri

Yeah, I wanted to see how hard running a character whose dump stat was *Con* would be as a bit of a challenge. It's going to take a Tome just to bring him up to below average.
  • DrakhanValaneDrakhanValane Member Posts: 8
    How do you have as much HP as my Half-Orc Fighter with 19 CON at level one?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

How do you have as much HP as my Half-Orc Fighter with 19 CON at level one?

Find Familiar as a starting spell both known and memorised. For 6 con, he was a pretty handy early-game tank.
  • DrakhanValaneDrakhanValane Member Posts: 8
    Ahhh. Tricksy mages.
  • SLAYER1980SLAYER1980 Member Posts: 3
    I was really lucky for my Undead Hunter:

= 98 points. Never had a better roll!
  • NickSNickS Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012

94 after only a few rolls, glad i didnt have to spend an hour like usual lol. human for rp reason, pretty much same with stats distribution.. 14 con is just high enough to benefit from tome/buffs, will get to 16 in bg2 anyways.
    Post edited by NickS on
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    18/62

Dwarven F/C. More than I'll ever need to destroy everything all the way through TOB. Now all they have to do is allow me to play at higher than 30 updates per second and I'll actually start the game.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Glad to see Im not the only one who spends hours at this! :)
    Bard:
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    For my monk Mateo, 91 points divvied out: 18str 18dex 16con 11int 10wis 18cha.

It'll do!
  • Promised_painPromised_pain Member Posts: 10
    Xiviriel said:

Glad to see Im not the only one who spends hours at this! :)
    Bard:

It took me like 2 hours, I was so unlucky, oh god. But I got 98 on my Paladin. :P

• elysXelysX Member Posts: 21
    just one quick queston, those are the stats after u finnished the game? what do u mean by rolling?:D
  • szdobosszdobos Member Posts: 36
    Thaudal said:

May I ask, what is the dual char. appearance, when wear a robe? Does the robe appear? Thanks!

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Got this on the third roll for my elf fighter/mage:

Str 18/49 (shame I missed 18/50 by 1, never mind, the rest of the roll was great)
    Dex 18
    Con 17
    Int 18
    Wis 6
    Cha 8

I'm happy! Will be crappy with Wish, but you don't need Wis for much else (apart from lore), right? Did think of being less min/max and giving myself 8 Wis, but then though "nah"! :-)
    BTW for sorcerer fans, you should strongly consider playing elves with 19 dexterity for an additional +1 bonus to hit with slings and darts. Also dont neglect Con, put it at 16 at least with rolls as good as some of you are getting.
  • StarcypherStarcypher Member Posts: 9
    Fighter/Druid Dual wield scimi
    strength 18/69
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 16
    Intelligence 10
    Wisdom 18
    Charisma 15
    Sword and shield sling early game Dual scimitar, summons, late game, moving too BG 2 release hopefully
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2012
    Human Kensai:
    Str: 18/99
    Dex: 16
    Con: 18
    Int: 17
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 6

I had a higher roll banked, but it was 18/55. I could not pass up that strength, so I took the 85 and just gimped my CHA. Int at 17 in case I decide to go Mage in BG 2 (may not).

Single Weapon Long Sword. Plan to grab Longbow, too.
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    STR: 19
    DEX: 18
    CON: 19
    INT: 8
    WIS: 9
    CHA: 16

Not too shabby for a Half-Orc Barbarian, eh?
  • scrumpylungsscrumpylungs Member Posts: 3
    Managed to get this pretty early on for my Skald:

STR: 18
    DEX: 18
    CON: 16
    INT: 18
    WIS: 10
    CHA: 15

Figured i wouldn't need any better than that!
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    Remade my character Cleric/Illusionist decided to be evil for a change, crazy high roll.

• ThaudalThaudal Member Posts: 37
    szdobos said:

May I ask, what is the dual char. appearance, when wear a robe? Does the robe appear? Thanks!

It looks like a fighter with default clothes (ie., it does not look like when a clean mage is wearing a robe).
    It goes for all robes - from basic Traveller's Robe to Robe of the Archmage (which I'm wearing now).
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    Elven Ranger
    18/98

Only took about 5 minutes, so I was pretty happy.
  • LisandruLisandru Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2012

Finally! FINALLY! And it took me only over one day... now I have tears in my eyes. -.-'

Post edited by Lisandru on
    @Yuwee I sure hope you removed a point from either Con or Cha and added it to Wisdom.
    Thaudal said:

szdobos said:

It looks like a fighter with default clothes (ie., it does not look like when a clean mage is wearing a robe).
    It goes for all robes - from basic Traveller's Robe to Robe of the Archmage (which I'm wearing now).
    Yea this is so horrible :(
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    @Mungri As a gnome my wisdom receives -1 16 is the cap the con is still useful to me for my shorty save rolls with a tome taking it to 18 I believe i will receive the max +5 save bonus.