Skip to content

Share your highest attribute set!

Comments

• begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    Kortok said:

18/62

Dwarven F/C. More than I'll ever need to destroy everything all the way through TOB. Now all they have to do is allow me to play at higher than 30 updates per second and I'll actually start the game.

@Kortok That's all I'm waiting for to! Just rolling characters until they have more then 30 updates per second. Someone on GOG thought it was crazy that I would play higher then 30. On top of that many don't even know you could do that in BG2 or Throne.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    No with -1 Wis 17 is the cap. Should have reduced CHA to 15 then, and 18 con and 17 wis.
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    Just fired up the character creator again to make sure:
    Maybe something changed?
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    How do you post a screen shot in this thread?
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2012
    < img src='image url'/ >
  • PorphyraPorphyra Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    Elven Fighter/Mage
    Am I the only one that found it annoying, not being able to get three stars in two weapon fighting?
    Got tired of rerolling, and couldn't get the BG reroller to work in EE
    Ended up with a decent strength bonus, but that was just luck.
    18/85
  • elysXelysX Member Posts: 21
    so u can actully get more points if u press reroll when u create a new character in the beginning???
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    edited November 2012
    img src=http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200257320818979&set=a.10200257320618974.2202337.1331810233&type=3&theater/

@Yuwee am I doing this right? I can only get it to link? Not post...also does this link work for anyone?

I got a 93 for my Blackguard but the real kick in the pants is the photo I used for my picture.

Edmund Blackadder - Blackguard.

Strength - 18/41
    Dexterity - 18
    Constitution - 18
    Intelligence - 11
    Wisdom - 10
    Charisma - 18
    Post edited by Debaser on
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    18/00
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    @ yuwee that's definitely a bug. 18-1 is 17, not 16.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Elendar
    It seems untrue.
    Dex = 19 and Con = 18? I don't believe.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    bengoshi said:

@Elendar
    It seems untrue.
    Dex = 19 and Con = 18? I don't believe.

Its this neat little trick called Ctrl-8

• drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    Elendar said:

18/00

lol, some of these people are cheating
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Rolled an 89 for my Avenger:
    Str 13
    Dex 18
    Con 15
    Int 10
    Wis 18
    Cha 15
  • TrollGrapplerTrollGrappler Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    My best roll for a paladin since 1998 is 101 (so, it had been rolled on the original Baldur's Gate). Off course, paladins get better scores because off their big requirements.

Edit: Damned, I've just see that there is a bug. The Hit points should be 14, not 18.
    As I saif, I import the file from the original Baldur's Gate, doest someone knows something about this issue ?
    Post edited by TrollGrappler on
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Mungri said:

@ yuwee that's definitely a bug. 18-1 is 17, not 16.

It was reported in the bug forum about 30 minutes after people could get into the game ^^
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    I spent hours rolling and got a 90 and now then I read this thread and see someone posted the control +8 trick....

Anyway I rolled a:

Str: 18/34
    Dex: 17
    Con: 18
    Int: 18
    Wis: 12
    Cha: 7

And how do you guys insert screenshots into your post?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    For everyone who wants to post a picture.... Quote someone else who posted a picture, remove the quote tags and change the url.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Another lucky roll session :)

after about 5 mins..

after about 15 mins..

edited November 2012

And how do you guys insert screenshots into your post?

"img src="http://***" /" ... put a "<" before "img" and a ">" at the end, too - i just left it, because else it would be already coded!!!

Well, you also could see the code used if you "quote" someone who used pics ;) !!!
  • IshmarilIshmaril Member Posts: 10
    Sorcerer :
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Ranger/Cleric:
    18/83

Pretty happy with that as it only took me about an hour.

Craziest roll I ever had was on BG2 when I got 102 total. The even crazier thing was that I kept rolling for a while afterwards in the hope of getting something better...
  • SLAYER1980SLAYER1980 Member Posts: 3
    Debaser said:

img src=http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200257320818979&set=a.10200257320618974.2202337.1331810233&type=3&theater/

@Yuwee am I doing this right? I can only get it to link? Not post...also does this link work for anyone?

I got a 93 for my Blackguard but the real kick in the pants is the photo I used for my picture.

Edmund Blackadder - Blackguard.

Strength - 18/41
    Dexterity - 18
    Constitution - 18
    Intelligence - 11
    Wisdom - 10
    Charisma - 18

LOL for Edmund Blackadder! His CON should be 15 points lower though. :P
  • VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Ling- Half Orc Kensai Gal

Strength - 19
    Dexterity - 18
    Constitution - 19
    Intelligence - 10
    Wisdom - 10
    Charisma - 16

• EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    I rolled human berserker:
    18/93

It took me slightly more than 30 mins. I was lucky with /XX score.

Then with tomes:

I want to have 2 runs in BG2:EE, one with pure berserker and second with dual-classed mage, also high int is good vs illithids. I had Viconia in my party and imo giving her wis tomes would be a waste. I beat Drizzt 1vs1 on lvl 7, lol. Mixtures: the one which gives armor class 0 and +5 save rolls, storm giant (24 str), berserker ability and draw upon holy might.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I might not believe this if I hadn't rolled it myself.

• SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2012
    Before BG:EE, I promised this community that I would play an evil blackguard that would find Dorn and steal his portrait. I did just that:

Photobucket

(The 19s are from Tomes, sry about the dumb name)
    edited December 2012
    PugPug said:

I might not believe this if I hadn't rolled it myself.

Hehe.. welcome to the 94-Points-Club ;)

I also had another lucky "rolling" day today.. my "new" Sorceress..

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 3
    Fighter-Berserk

• TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2012
    @PugPug You infuriated my inner nerd so much with your 94 roll that I had to sign up to these boards and imgur to demonstrate how I spent my 92 (that I secretly wish was a 94).

Obviously ignoring the large amount of other cheese and cheddar related nonsense, this is an after tome character with an initial roll of 92 with strength as a dump stat.

The only real critique I have of your distribution is that 2 points of your Constitution score are going to waste immediately. Only the fighter, ranger, paladin and barbarian classes benefit from a Constitution score over 16.

If, however, tomes are considered for your PC as well; then Dexterity would only benefit on the ranged thAC0 front, you don't get another AC bonus going from 18 to 19 than you do 17 to 18. Also you could start with 15 Constitution and hit your classes maximum benefit when you Tome to 16. So there's 4 points that could justifiably be elsewhere (unless you really need that ranged thAC0).

I understand the Strength, Intelligence and Wisdom scores, all sensible options to weigh up, but so many people undervalue Charisma (Ring of Human Influence I blame you!), wherein with the solo Baldur's Gate run with my sorcerer (who has since solo'd a few interesting Black Pits battles, not an inconceivable thing with the higher level spells involved) netted me over 150k gold that I entirely attributed to having a 25 charisma score on all barters (FRIENDSly sorcerer).

Not... not that it was useful having that much gold, but a guy, role-playing a girl, must have nice things.

Also, I realize sorcerers don't need any mental stats at all to attain superiority, to which I refer you to NICE THINGS!

edit: Et tu, @Kurumi! Though I understand not wanting to account for tomes, just as I don't account for a certain machine that we can't even reach yet. The absurdity! Who would?

>.>
    Post edited by Tsyrith on