Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How do you prevent your divine casters from being dispelled?

Dispel has always been a huge issue to my divine casters, yet I rarely see it being talked about on these boards.

With SCS, basically every tough fight in SoA/ToB begins with a bunch of Dispel/Remove magics thrown around. Arcane casters can easily ward against this with Spell Immunity: Abjuration, but my divine casters invariably get all of their buffs and protections removed in a jiffy.

Am I overlooking some really basic strategy, or is there really no way to avoid getting dispelled as a priest? I know people have soloed SCS with divine casters, so there must be some way to work around this.

JuliusBorisovTressetOrlonKronsteen

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 18,464
    No actual strategy except for running away from the Dispel/Remove Magic AOE (at least I did that with my Totemic Druid solo). Divine casters indeed suffer with SCS from this (same with potions' buffs).

OrlonKronsteensemiticgodgorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 2,596
    also i often don't pre buff, or if i do it is cause i have spotted the enemies so sending some summons or protected toons to suck the dispell is not a problem.

running away from the dispell is also a tactic that works well, as the aoe is quite small, i do it often when i use it offensively to avoid that my frontliners get debuffed by my mages, and doing it if the enemy mage is the dispeller needs only awareness of what is happening.

i don't use scs, i use tactics mod, there the dispell is much less used, but a lot of enemies see trough invisibility, so sanctuary or invisibiity spells are not so useful to gain the time to buff.

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 654
    Spell immunity in pnp is a divine and not arcane spell. So mod it to divine casters.

Raduzielgorgonzola
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,455
    Danacm wrote: »
    Spell immunity in pnp is a divine and not arcane spell. So mod it to divine casters.

DoF has it for both, but only clerics with major access to Weave may get it.

gorgonzola
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 167
    Playing a single class cleric will definitely be a mitigating factor due to their relatively higher caster levels. When I ran my Priest of Talos in a solo no-reload, dispel was a minor inconvenience rather that being a serious threat.