Skip to content

How do you prevent your divine casters from being dispelled?

Dispel has always been a huge issue to my divine casters, yet I rarely see it being talked about on these boards.

With SCS, basically every tough fight in SoA/ToB begins with a bunch of Dispel/Remove magics thrown around. Arcane casters can easily ward against this with Spell Immunity: Abjuration, but my divine casters invariably get all of their buffs and protections removed in a jiffy.

Am I overlooking some really basic strategy, or is there really no way to avoid getting dispelled as a priest? I know people have soloed SCS with divine casters, so there must be some way to work around this.
JuliusBorisovTressetOrlonKronsteen

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No actual strategy except for running away from the Dispel/Remove Magic AOE (at least I did that with my Totemic Druid solo). Divine casters indeed suffer with SCS from this (same with potions' buffs).
    OrlonKronsteensemiticgoddessgorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    also i often don't pre buff, or if i do it is cause i have spotted the enemies so sending some summons or protected toons to suck the dispell is not a problem.

running away from the dispell is also a tactic that works well, as the aoe is quite small, i do it often when i use it offensively to avoid that my frontliners get debuffed by my mages, and doing it if the enemy mage is the dispeller needs only awareness of what is happening.

i don't use scs, i use tactics mod, there the dispell is much less used, but a lot of enemies see trough invisibility, so sanctuary or invisibiity spells are not so useful to gain the time to buff.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    Spell immunity in pnp is a divine and not arcane spell. So mod it to divine casters.
    Raduzielgorgonzola
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Danacm wrote: »
    Spell immunity in pnp is a divine and not arcane spell. So mod it to divine casters.

DoF has it for both, but only clerics with major access to Weave may get it.
    gorgonzola
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Playing a single class cleric will definitely be a mitigating factor due to their relatively higher caster levels. When I ran my Priest of Talos in a solo no-reload, dispel was a minor inconvenience rather that being a serious threat.