Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    edited November 2023
    I think the issue is not confined to the mod here. I could spawn twice the enemies in the Dusk NPC mod, as well as twice the allies. So in the battle in the troll mound or so, ALL enemies were showing up twice and I had to kill them twice (well, once only ... but each of them appeared two times AND the allies also appeared two times, so I kind of had an epic super-royal battle with 2x as many folks there as normal, save for my own party, which appeared only 1x of course). It was still a fun battle, and using those devas made that fight possible (devas soak up so much damage, it is insane). I still had to use some area damage effects, and run away a bit to recuperate. Unfortunattely some mods not only create the same character twice (and also two times the loot, e. g. I was able to obtain numerous steelskins that way from their corpses), but create problems elsewhere in the game - I think that has to do with checks. Weidu is in my opinion to be blamed for this as well, it seems to not make necessary checks and just proceeds with its own fancypants shenanigans. Too bad we have no real alternative to weidu, I'd really LOVE to drop that thing. No clue why people like weidu that much, I think it creates more problems than it solves, and its documentation is a total joke ...

Anyway TL;DR is: the spawning of multiple NPCs can happen in different mods. So far I had this with a very few mods, Dusk NPC mod being the most curious one, but I think you can have this with other mods too. No clue why it happens, but it would be interesting if someone can find out why it happens to some mods but not others. It's mostly a bug I would say, but can also be a feature. ;)
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    Also another bug, but not related to the mod here, is where I had garbled interaction messages.
    In particular the place in the inn shown above seems more relevant for it to occur, whereas I
    barely had any issue with Viexenay or whats-her-name ... she also seems to be more interesting
    in regards to her unique abilities than the archer NPC. I didn't try all the NPCs so far though;
    for instance, in that same pub, I skipped the NPC group to the top right shown on the image
    because a) I ran into issues with it that made me wary and b) recruiting other NPCs early
    on makes it hard to recruit other NPCs lateron. Especially if these new NPCs are weaker. This
    is why I think making unique abilities interesting like Viexenay, is a good thing to "advertise"
    for other NPCs in the game. Perhaps the Archer NPC can also find some bows or so; or perhaps
    get a new ability, crafting a unique bow as a once-ability or so. Or something like that.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    The Archer NPC, Emily, can modify one unique bow per playthrough if you have it via PiD. She can also craft arrows once per day at a certain point, until she runs out of materials.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Hi, any news how the 1.2 update is coming along?
    Currently I am in the last three months of my Master's Program, which all deal with a Capstone Project. The intention is to use the opportunity to develop a tool to make modding easier as that project, so that you can have a proper application rather than just purely using notepad. That is my focus until it's over.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Skitia wrote: »
    Currently I am in the last three months of my Master's Program, which all deal with a Capstone Project. The intention is to use the opportunity to develop a tool to make modding easier as that project, so that you can have a proper application rather than just purely using notepad. That is my focus until it's over.

Super impressed that you're doing all that with a new baby as well.

Wanted to ask about crossmod- obviously there are the various NPCs in the pack, and also Yvette and Petsy IIRC. Is that the full list?
    I want to do (a lot) more, I wrote some for Finch but I haven't published those yet.
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    Looking in the SkitiaNPCs\Dialogue\Crossmod folder of the last version, I can see files for Petsy, Yvette, and Sirene (and Wilson Chronicles, I think?). Sadly the Crossmod Banter Pack doesn't seem to include anything more. I also know the individual BG1 mods have content for Lava's NPCs and Finch, in case it matters for a EET install (for some reason I though there were also for Glam Pack, but that was just me brain being dumb).

Crossmod content is good and more crossmod content make babies and kittens all the world around happy :* Good luck with the Master!
    Thanks! I think the Sirene one is empty at the moment, but I did do some for Wilson (Not specifically for the Wilson Chronicles.)
  • AlchemicalDesireAlchemicalDesire Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I only want Kale and Emily because they fill a niche that lacks in the original game, but the mods gives option of only installing all of them or none. Is it possible to split install into several components that gives the installer the ability to pick and choose?
    My NPCs have a lot of innate cross mod. Not just in banter files, like normal cross mod is, but in conversations, remarks about NPCs, and quest events. The level of cross-content works because each of them is installed. So, it's difficult to separate it without including some files.

Further, it also adds a lot more time to installation, so it's not something I'm in favor of doing.
  • AlchemicalDesireAlchemicalDesire Member Posts: 6
    No worries and thanks for quick reply!
  • JBeauJBeau Member Posts: 6
    Skitia
    I'm having an issue with Vienxay. I have a pretty sizable EET install. I had her in my party all through BG and SOD but when I got to SOA, I started having the problem reported a few pages back where you try and initiate dialogue and she just says "Hello there".
    I proceded to change the 2DA files as below but for Vienxay:

Append pdialog2da with:
    X3Kal X3KalP X3KalJ X3KalD X3Kal25P X3Kal25J X3Kal25D X3Kal25
    on a new line

Then append interdia2da with:
    X3Kal BX3Kal BX3Kal25
    on a new line.

It worked great. Everything went as it should all through SOA. I really enjoyed it. Great character.
    The problem is, I just transitioned to TOB and its back to "Hello there" when I initiate dialogue.
    I don't know what to do. The 2 2da files have everything they are supposed to.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • buttnipplesbuttnipples Member Posts: 6
    I accidently installed the individual NPC mods plus this NPC pack. Should I uninstall this pack or the single npc mods or since they a re the same NPCS does it matter? Im afraid to break this mega mod pack for EET. Any suggestions?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    I accidently installed the individual NPC mods plus this NPC pack. Should I uninstall this pack or the single npc mods or since they a re the same NPCS does it matter? Im afraid to break this mega mod pack for EET. Any suggestions?
    The single ones are for BGEE and SoD. The pack is for BG2EE.
    You need both if you want them during all your game.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    You need both if you want them during all your EET game.
  • buttnipplesbuttnipples Member Posts: 6
    Trouveur wrote: »
    You need both if you want them during all your EET game.

Ohhhh thanks for clarifying, no wonder I downloaded them both during my prep lol, freaked out for a moment. THANKS
  • myEVILmodemyEVILmode Member Posts: 25
    EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for X3Isa: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "X3Isa.bcs" doesn't exist in game
    WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "X3Isa25.bcs" doesn't exist in game
    EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for X3Kal: BG2 NPC without BG1 content

Is this normal log after installation?
    edited February 20
    Isaac/(X3Isa) doesn't exist yet for BG2, and I think only exists for BG1 if you download his test release version.
    JBeau wrote: »
    Skitia
    I'm having an issue with Vienxay. I have a pretty sizable EET install. I had her in my party all through BG and SOD but when I got to SOA, I started having the problem reported a few pages back where you try and initiate dialogue and she just says "Hello there".

Append pdialog2da with:
    X3Kal X3KalP X3KalJ X3KalD X3Kal25P X3Kal25J X3Kal25D X3Kal25
    on a new line

Then append interdia2da with:
    X3Kal BX3Kal BX3Kal25
    on a new line.

It worked great. Everything went as it should all through SOA. I really enjoyed it. Great character.
    The problem is, I just transitioned to TOB and its back to "Hello there" when I initiate dialogue.
    I don't know what to do. The 2 2da files have everything they are supposed to.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Change all the Kal to Vie for Vienxay, though it should already be added. If it's not, add it.
  • myEVILmodemyEVILmode Member Posts: 25
    Isaac/(X3Isa) doesn't exist yet for BG2, and I think only exists for BG1 if you download his test release version.

Thank you for your reply :)
  • JBeauJBeau Member Posts: 6
    JBeau wrote: »
    Skitia

Change all the Kal to Vie for Vienxay, though it should already be added. If it's not, add it.

I had done that, but still no dialogue from her.
    It may be something unrelated. I'd probably need a save to test locally on my own EET.
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    Hi , a friend of the Spanish community translated the mod :D@IoViVo
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 522
    @AlchemicalDesire Just in case it's still relevant to you, in my experience it's still possible to only take one or two of them in the group and still see a lot of their content (at least I did with Vienxay). Installing all of them doesn't mean you have to take them all.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 522
    @AlchemicalDesire Just in case it's still relevant to you, in my experience it's still possible to only take one or two of them in the group and still see a lot of their content (at least I did with Vienxay). Installing all of them doesn't mean you have to take them all.
  • EggonEggon Member Posts: 5
    I've got a question about the timing of Vienxay's quest start. In my first playthrough, she asked to go to the temple of Oghma in chapter one almost immediately after a rest or two but in my second one, it seems to be taking quite a bit longer. Specifically, after which talk does she ask to go? And if it doesn't trigger for some reason is there a way to force it in the console?
    edited April 22
    The quest can be started after the second friendship talk.

Also if she dislikes you (Her approval is less than 0) it won't trigger until she's a bit more trusting.

Console Wise:

Check if Approval is 1 or higher: GetGlobal("X3VieApp","GLOBAL")
    Check if the friendship talk that brings up the quest can be fired: GetGlobal("X3VieTalk","LOCALS",1) (Need to be pointing the mouse at Vienxay since it is LOCAL to her.)
    Check if you are not in a dungeon.
    Check if they can see the player, and that they don't see enemies.
    Area cannot be a dungeon.
    The real timer can be advanced in the console by an hour or so to force expire the timer and fire the dialogic topic.
  • EggonEggon Member Posts: 5
    The quest can be started after the second friendship talk.

Also if she dislikes you (Her approval is less than 0) it won't trigger until she's a bit more trusting.

Console Wise:

Check if Approval is 1 or higher: GetGlobal("X3VieApp","GLOBAL")
    Check if the friendship talk that brings up the quest can be fired: GetGlobal("X3VieTalk","LOCALS",1) (Need to be pointing the mouse at Vienxay since it is LOCAL to her.)
    Check if you are not in a dungeon.
    Check if they can see the player, and that they don't see enemies.
    Area cannot be a dungeon.
    The real timer can be advanced in the console by an hour or so to force expire the timer and fire the dialogic topic.

Thanks a lot!
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    Skitia, do you have a personal discord where you discuss your own mods with your "fanbase" or give updates?