Skip to content

My account has been deleted...! :-(

Wizard_DnDWizard_DnD Member Posts: 10
edited February 2020 in Site Resources
Hello!

My old account here at Beamdog has been blocked (for some reason) and I cannot get my password back since I used a VERY old e-mail of mine which I simply cannot remember the password from. I created the account when the enhanced edition was released around 2012-2013~

That being said, when I logg into the Beamdog official website for purchasing/downloading the Baldur's Gate series, they were ALL gone from my old account. It's like the account itself is deleted.

Now, having a new comp. I simply must create a new account (this one) and buy the games again.

This seems very random to me... Please if you know what might be the issue, feel free to comment!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Wizard_DnDWizard_DnD Member Posts: 10
    Perhpas this discussion is in the wrong forum, please feel free to tell me.

I get this message when I try log into my old account here at Beamdog:

zhbd2aw6dofb.png

Why are administrators changing profile information that requires me to change my password?!
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Hi Wizard_DND, there was a recent password reset by Vanilla (the forum vendor) that was implemented as a security measure after a vulnerability was discovered. You can read about it in this post. Everyone on the forum experienced this (as per your screen shot).

As for why your games would disappear from your Beamdog account, I can't imagine. Perhaps @JuliusBorisov can answer that one.
    Thank you @OrlonKronsteen !

This was most helpful! I had NO idea that Beamdog/Vanilla had any problems with their security. As it is, I'm eager to get my old account back. I don't have access to my old E-mail so I cannot possibly reset it.

I can't download/play the games of which I've bought from Beamdog until this issue is dealt with.

@JuliusBorisov I urge you to contact/PM me to resolve this matter ASAP!
    When I try to install BG2 (I had a downloader from an external disc) I get the following message:

uu7kacbrv4g2.png

My account here on the forum is connected to the one at the Beamdog Store. I believe that because Beamdog has shut down the account here, it must have hindered the possibilities to actually verify my purchase/game when I try to download it again.

Anyone else experienced this?

(I've sent emails both to Beamdog support and @JuliusBorisov )
    After some research I've managed to download the game again. But it still doesn't help me to get my old account back here at the forums. :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Talking via email.
    Problem solved - I've no gained my old account back thanks to @JuliusBorisov