Skip to content

Bug report: Upon saving and reloading, nearby monster spawns disappear

2»

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Any official word on the status of this bug would be appreciated.
    Adul said:

Any official word on the status of this bug would be appreciated.

BUMP
    Seriously guys, what is going on here? Is this bug considered a non-issue? Are there no developers and/or moderators overseeing this forum anymore? Are they not answering questions? Help me out here, would ya? Just tell us if it's being worked on and when can we (hopefully) expect a fix.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited March 2013

Spawns always disappeared, by design.
    Spawns usually don't reappear right on reload (in the visible area) for good reasons, again by design.
    Disappearing spawn points will turn back active once they are out of the visible area (and some time passed).

All these features are intentional or you could get
    1. overcrowded areas with spawns on load/save loops.
    2. instant combat on load even when there was no opponent around you at save.

These problems weigh heavier than the problems you listed as both of them have the potential of causing a saved game dead.

@Avenger_teambg

I'm with @Adul on this.

I recently started a BG1Tutu game alongside my BGEE playtrough. In BG1Tutu, on the first map after Candlekeep some bears did spawn. I saved and reloaded several time and they didn't disappear and I wasn't overwhelmed by an horde of bears either. It should be possible to mimic the spawning system of BG1Tutu in BGEE beacuse they both use the BG2 engine.
    Post edited by Erg on
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    the same happens as with the original spawn bug. we just have to wait a little more i think. it happened to me today again, nasty enemies there, save, attack and lose, reload, prepare for the battle, they are not there... :(
    Overhaul Games have terrible QA practices (or lack thereof), and now even this bug forum seems to be abandoned by their people. I'm not a fan of their poor choice to withhold PC updates because of the overly strict patch submission process of other platforms - I mean the last update has been out for more than a month and it has introduced a bunch of very obvious bugs that are still not fixed.

I'm sure as hell not going to buy any other games they might produce until they get BG:EE into an acceptable shape.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2013
    @Adul The bug is known and is being worked on.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Adul said:

Overhaul Games have terrible QA practices

Siad the guy who did not answer my question: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7981/crash-report-cloakwood-forest-ar1700#latest
    I see speaking my mind attracted some attention. Alright then.

@mlnevese Thank you.

@Aedan Sorry, but I do not have a save there at the moment.
    Adul said:

Overhaul Games have terrible QA practices (or lack thereof), and now even this bug forum seems to be abandoned by their people. I'm not a fan of their poor choice to withhold PC updates because of the overly strict patch submission process of other platforms - I mean the last update has been out for more than a month and it has introduced a bunch of very obvious bugs that are still not fixed.

I'm sure as hell not going to buy any other games they might produce until they get BG:EE into an acceptable shape.

What is much worse they are already working on BG2:EE with the new staff, despite of there is much more bug in this edition as it was in the original edition, the new movies are too cold and static and without the original horro feeling or all the fun, even there are missing movies that are causing freeze in multiplayer games, the Journal without scrolling is terrible, allowing the Area transitions for monsters is working out terrible, we have spawning errors, the characters are using their combat animations in non combat situations (= all the time), and so on.
    I'm sure I don't want to buy BG2:EE until this edition is not finished and we are left here with this fail edition.
    Bump.
    @Sese79
    This bug will be fixed in the next patch as well :)
    How? Thanks.
    @Aedan That is excellent news! Thanks for letting us know!
    @Adul
    You are welcome! And this is just one of the countless bug that the next patch will fix :)

@Sese79
    Simple: if you save near a bear, for instance, it will be there after reloading the game, while at present it disappears.
    Yes, but as I understood this bug had a reason: to not stuck in a place where you can't kill the monster. With your example will this bear be at the same location as it was before the reload?
    1) If yes, then you can prepare for a harder encounter, because you know where it stays, but can't avoid the encounter you can't win and stuck at the place.
    2) If no, then you can't prepare for the encounter, because the monster moved away to another location, but you can avoid the encounter you can't win.
    That's why I was asking this. Thanks.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Another reason this save/load behaviour should be corrected:

When I charm an animal I intend to help me fight, save the game, and reload it for whatever reason, the charmed animal will be gone.
  • KifadaKifada Member Posts: 17
    I noticed that sometimes charmed creatures and summons (I checked with skeleton warriors) just disappear if saving and reloading a game.