Skip to content

[mod] Petsy Chattertone

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
edited July 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
l3petsyl.jpeg

Have you ever heard of Petsy Chattertone? A nice and energetic halfling bard you can join? Well, she's quite ready to join you and your group and help people, solve problems, handle puzzles and discuss matters. In exchange, she's expecting a en ear that will listen to her and a friend that will help her handle her personal quest. The mod includes a romance for a male representatives of all short races.

Version 4.0 introduces some great changes, updates and fixes:

When Petsy pretends to be someone else, she should use that person's name
Better sound installation (LAF HANDLE_AUDIO)
Seperate item descriptions for EE
Slightly improved EE portrait
Added CD_STATE_NOTVALID
Added iconv-transcoder
TIS+PVRZ files for EE
EET Compatibility
Added version flag
Traification
Updated WeiDU

Many of those were implemented with Austin and checked by his friends, some were later checked and improved additionally by the original author.

DOWNLOAD
FORUM

There may be some more things, but let's hope most things are fixed. Anyway, this mod is not abandoned and new versions may still come!
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Great to see some lovin' for the short races! Congrats to the updated version!

The forum link gives me a "site not found".
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Thanks, @jastey - should be ok now!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Always good to have more shorty representation.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yup, I've come to really like the shorter races. My current BG1 PC is a halfling. While I'm not a fan of bards in general, this looks like a nice NPC mod.
    It's an old mod, but I think it's not that bad! :) One of few more... cheerful characters I wrote :) There are bittersweet moments, but... well, check it out :) Plus, during the quest you can get a really nice two handed sword <3 Something you may remember from BG1.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2020
    I enjoyed it ? Her intro is very funny and she is upbeat without being annoying, my shorty had to choose between Petsy and Neera and called it right
    Post edited by ilduderino on
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    This is exciting! As one of the first mods I played I have a lot of sentimental memories around this work. Can't wait to play it again/eventually write some crossmod.
    @Skitia - thank you, Skitia <3 I think you wanted to write some crossmod with this NPC and know that I'll be happy to do that with you! :) Cheers!

And everyone else: thanks for your kind words!
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I've posted this over on Weasel mods but wasn't sure if I should have posted it here - so I'm using both forums :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I am missing something.
    I've found Petsy in the Sea's Bounty but she's pretending to be Imoen. I can't get past the initial dialogue menu. She either keeps telling me she is Imoen, the one who helped cha.name in Baldurs Gate, and the c0onversation ends, or she tells me she doesn't like the place and leaves. Boo realises she's lying (not hard to do if you already know Imoen, even for a hamster :p) but this doesn't actually help.
    Just replied to your post at the Weasel Mods :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh yeah, when I ran into her I thought I had seriously messed something up with my mods. That's a heck of a character introduction :D
    Can anyone give me a minor hint on ....
    where can I find Petsy's brother, the "mane." I've checked all the graveyard (including the surface, the tombs and the lower levels), but I can't find anything.
    edited August 2020
    Area: AR0807
    I think it was mentioned in a dialogue or something, that they are there during the night, so that's when you should look for them in there.
    I forgot to say I've been wanderinf around the graveyard for half the night. I have picked up a few extra XP, so it hasn't been a complete waste of time :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    edited February 2021
    EDIT (2021-02-10): Eh, never mind. :smile:
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    What is Petsy's initial alignment?

Thankee!
    Chaotic good.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    Does this mod install any items? I am kind of spoiled after Dwaradime mod since I got some items in the final fight (the one in the hidden area where Dwaradime finds out something pertaining to death, in the slum district).
    Almost every mod adds something, but this one doesn't add much, IIRC. But the first version of the mod was released in 2012, so... yeah, it would be a miracle if I remembered that.