Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Planned Patch Items | Windows, macOS, Linux

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Callirgos wrote: »
    Where do I post bugs I find in 2.5 or 2.6?

https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6/create/71

At least for 2.5 . Since 2.6 is still in beta, my guess is that bug reports beyond the test objectives asked in the latest poll aren't required right now.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    @metalmunki

Meh, you're making a virtue of necessity. You can make ageless cinematics that actually look good if you have a budget to do it right. I get that some people like them, but they look cheap as hell.
    mosIsewein
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    At the very least, @metalmunki 's post confirms the view that the new cinematics is universally bad is at least not a full picture and there is a strong alternate view. However, this is nothing new, since old previous threads showed the same results.
    That said, we've got your request and will handle it as all other requests. There are many things players still want to see fixed / changed, but the patch can only include so many changes. We'll see if and which additional items can be implemented in 2.6.
  • mosmos Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2020
    Mirak wrote: »
    You can make ageless cinematics that actually look good if you have a budget to do it right.
    When you don't have a particularly high budget to play with, you might use talent, skill, experience, and discrete design decisions to turn your weakness into strength
    Mirak wrote: »
    they look cheap as hell.
    Not to mention a good half is missing entirely, while the rest has been left as is. Guess that tavern rat has somehow withstood the test of time better than the intro and endgame movie et al

As of now, it looks like BD took a contentious decision which backfired quite early on, but out of stubbornness decided not to backtrack during the development, let alone post-release.
    Thus we are left with the best movies replaced, most OK ones thrown out, and some meh ones kept in for our viewing pleasure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS the mine flooding movie - they even look almost the same. Could it be that in the original the body floats the wrong way?)
    Isewein
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited November 2020
    Is Polymorph Self's Sword Spider getting its no-save poison back instead of needing a save vs. death that was introduced in 2.5?

How about the janky pathfinding causing characters to get stuck on top of each other and unable to move unless freed by ctrl+J? This was also introduced in 2.5.
    Post edited by Flashburn on
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Flashburn Your second question was already answered earlier in this thread.

TR
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    @mos

Yeah, the inconsistency is just puzzling. Making the new movies optional would be the best solution.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited November 2020
    Could Beamdog update even electronic manuals with edited spell AoE, casting time and other things (Black Guard kit, etc.)?
    Post edited by rede9 on
    edited November 2020
    While storming the Flaming Fist compound, killing the lone merc in the cellar results in a 7 pts rep drop, even though he goes hostile on sight.
  • NasherNasher Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 123
    I think the reputation system needs a complete overhaul. You should only lose reputation points if someone witnesses the murdering.
    Proont
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Nasher wrote: »
    I think the reputation system needs a complete overhaul. You should only lose reputation points if someone witnesses the murdering.

If murder happened and nobody but you was in the building at the time, reputation should be affected all the same.

Besides, getting rid of that mechanic would mean people slaughtering every lonely commoner for easy XP farming. And people with an evil party who deliberately kill an innocent now and then to keep their reputation from reaching heroic wouldn't be too happy about it, either (at least I think so. I usually play good parties, but know it's a common practice) because they'd be forced to kill with witnesses and might end up with a whole district going hostile.
    JuliusBorisovPokotamlneveseProont
  • NasherNasher Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 123
    Arvia wrote: »
    Nasher wrote: »

If murder happened and nobody but you was in the building at the time, reputation should be affected all the same.

Besides, getting rid of that mechanic would mean people slaughtering every lonely commoner for easy XP farming. And people with an evil party who deliberately kill an innocent now and then to keep their reputation from reaching heroic wouldn't be too happy about it, either (at least I think so. I usually play good parties, but know it's a common practice) because they'd be forced to kill with witnesses and might end up with a whole district going hostile.

That is not a problem in games like DOS2. And an easy solution is not giving exp for killing commoners and other non-important NPCs. But if you fight someone who knows how to handle a sword and there's nobody near, you should be able to kill him/her without suffering an omnipresent penalty.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    I think I already know the answer, but any chance of assassin poison getting tweaked to be a bit more powerful? I am not advocating going fully backwards to before the big change, but perhaps some increasing non-save damage or larger saving throw adjustments could be a compromise that increases assassin power somewhat upward.
    OrlonKronsteenBlackraven
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Aerakar Well, the original poison weapon ability is available here as a mod. If you would rather have a compromise between old and new, then maybe I could try making something along those lines.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • zoomzoom Member Posts: 49
    No Icewind Dale:EE Portuguese Translation that is done for a year already?

why that? she is ready
    Aedan
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @zoom As we previously replied about that subject, we're not ready to announce the decision regarding IWD:EE BR/PT-- but we're looking into this. Thanks for your patience.
    mos wrote: »
    While storming the Flaming Fist compound, killing the lone merc in the cellar results in a 7 pts rep drop, even though he goes hostile on sight.

This is not a bug per se. This behavior has been present in the game since 1998. Even while the guard goes hostile, he's still the guard, representing the Flaming Fist. You basically attack the member of the police and you can't get away from the sequences.
    ArviaAerakarTresset
  • KhanNovaKhanNova Member Posts: 12
    Can we start Baldur's gate II 2.6 please ? baldur's gate 2.6 is stable, really stable. We need to go further
    Parys
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited November 2020

This is not a bug per se. This behavior has been present in the game since 1998. Even while the guard goes hostile, he's still the guard, representing the Flaming Fist. You basically attack the member of the police and you can't get away from the sequences.

I would add to this that this particular guy is not one of Angelo's thugs. Same with the patrols on the streets. They are indeed hostile on sight, yet they cause a rep drop when killed.
    JuliusBorisovArvia
    edited November 2020
    I just wasn't taking the RP rubbish into consideration. I thought you shouldn't be docked rep if you didn't provoke nobody, not even refused to comply eg with a request to go to jail or something. Anyway it's no biggie.

Will the inability to use hotkeys in BG2 (BG1 works fine) after opening and closing a container and not moving after ie standing in front of the container? Breaks eg hitting Q for quicksaving (or L for loading for that matter)
    ineth
    Will the inability to use hotkeys in BG2 (BG1 works fine) after opening and closing a container and not moving after ie standing in front of the container? Breaks eg hitting Q for quicksaving (or L for loading for that matter)

Not sure, let's wait for the beta for BGII:EE and try. But there shouldn't be a difference in the code between BG1 and BG2.

Not sure, let's wait for the beta for BGII:EE and try. But there shouldn't be a difference in the code between BG1 and BG2.

could be totally wrong but I have a vague recollection it was like this in the originals. but since BG1 now uses BG2 engine it's even more puzzling.
    Tresset wrote: »
    Same with the patrols on the streets. They are indeed hostile on sight, yet they cause a rep drop when killed.
    They aren't tho. They chase you while teal-circled to initiate a dialog to take you to the dock. They'll only go hostile if you refuse obviously.

MiraStastny
  • KhanNovaKhanNova Member Posts: 12
    @JuliusBorisov Hello Julius ! A update for Baldur's gate II 2.6 ?
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    Great to see the continue development on these titles. :) looking forward to share the experience with some players (old freinds) over christmas :) thanks
    Aerakar
  • Maxion87Maxion87 Member Posts: 26
    What about the bug in friendly arm where the inn music just keeps on playing in the upper floors, it should switch as it did in the original. Also mob spawns are still too few
  • Bargoth125Bargoth125 Member Posts: 8
    Just to be sure, this will not affect any of the existing mods right?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited November 2020
    I missed a point. What about console? Will 2.6 patch be released on them at the same time?
    Post edited by rede9 on
    Glaciaruz1030ooo
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    Bargoth125 wrote: »
    Just to be sure, this will not affect any of the existing mods right?

I think you should be prepared that it will.. depending on the complexity if the mods you use.

Item tweaks and other "lightweight" mods might come out just fine.. I wouldn't be surprised if big mods break though. I kind of expect them to, to some extent.
    AerakarProont
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    edited December 2020
    [url="http://"]
    The Summer Games Done Quick 2020 run of Baldur's Gate: Enchanced Edition exposes a few bugs that I didn't see mentioned on the list here so I thought I'd bring them up and ask about them individually if they'll be fixed for the 2.6 patch or not. I'm sure there were many other bugs used in the run but these are the only ones that I can remember off the top of my head right now.

1) Quick Loading resets the 6 second round timer so that you can just spam actions.
    Found at 8:06 in the video.

2) You can keep attacking Mulahey (atleast with wands) without him turning hostile. He just tries to talk to you with the same "Tazok is unfair..." dialogue over and over again. I couldn't spot anything special that the speedrunner does in order to activate this bug, so I hope more knowledgable people comment on this. The caster did mention "AI manipulation", though, but I don't know specifically what he meant.
    Found at 9:25 in the video.

3) Oil of Speed stacks with Boots of Speed. To my understanding, anything that gives the "Haste" buff shouldn't stack with each other; Oil of Speed, Boots of Speed and the spell itself?
    4) Unseen enemies inside the fog can be attacked with AOE spells without aggroing them. I know I mentioned this one in a separate thread before but I kinda want to resurrect the issue due to the patch coming out.
    Found at 15:26 in the video.

I didn't want to use links instead of giving the timings because they didn't seem to work properly. In an incognito window without any cookies It just started the video from the beginning and in my cognito window it just started where I personally left off the last time instead of the time denoted in the url.

I know the stance of Beamdog and many of you here is that those kinds of things just add "flavour" to the game and shouldn't be fixed since you can avoid using them but I call that just the BS lament of the lazy. What if I want to scout ahead with an invisibile character to see what kind of enemies there are and then start the fight off with a fireball outside their vision? I would have to manually walk around the bug by purposefully showing a party member to those enemies so that they realize to aggro. I feel like everytime someone uses the afore mentioned counter-argument that It is just specific to YOUR kind of playstyle that you don't happen to encounter those bugs. If a common enough playstyle will require additional effort from the player to circumvent a bug that gives an unfair advantage, I think it is something that should be fixed, atleast in a manner that would require the cheeser, instead of the fair player, to take informed extra steps to abuse the bug and not the other way around. A newbie could chug an Oil of Speed and don the Boots of Speed and not even realize that that is an exploit and just go with it, thinking he is playing a "fair" game in the way it was intended. Just saying "don't do that" when an exploitable bug is exposed is a slippery slope which can lead to bad things. Who makes the call on where to draw the line when it comes to something like that? Otherwise you could just scoff off every bug and and tell the player to play in a way that doesn't trigger it. How big of a percentage of the playerbase needs to encounter the bug unintentionally before it is actually considered a bug instead of a "feature"?[/url]
    Post edited by enhancedgamerx on
    Prince_RaymondGlaciaruz