Skip to content

NWN:EE Android 11 Issues

Now, I know there a few posts on this already but I want to address an issue I have come across as a result of the file restrictions introduced by Android 11. Currently, I play NWN:EE on my phone and I was recently thinking of beginning to use a mouse in light of the most recent update. However, when I use my bluetooth mouse I have an issue clicking on the environment in order to navigate. It is very similar (if not identical) to an issue I have encountered here on the forums on another post.

Here is the post

Luckily, there is a solution within that post that simply says that if I add the following lines to the settings document that the issue should remedy itself.

Solution:
[controls]
[controls.cursor]
enabled = true

However, this is where it gets tricky. When I go to my android/data folder it is empty. Doing some research said to install X-plorer File Manager which help only a little. With that installed (or if I hook up my phone to a PC) I can now see up to android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files. Unfortunately, I cannot see the users folder that I need to access in order to get to the settings file. The most unfortunate part of this problem is that even if I just want to play with the touchscreen, I will no longer be able to mod my NWN:EE android version because I can't access the area I would need to in order to install the mods (be it portraits/modules/overrides). Are there any plans or methods that can be used to circumvent this issue and be able to see the users folder? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited May 2021
    We are waiting for Google to improve their approach towards the file access process in Android 11.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1168666/#Comment_1168666
  • VengeanceBringerVengeanceBringer Member Posts: 9
    We are waiting for Google to improve their approach towards the file access process in Android 11.

Thank you for the response to this issue. I have just tried a few more things including trying to reinstall. Unfortunately, I have now lost all my custom content that I had managed to get onto the phone in the first place. While I mainly play on my desktop, it is fairly disappointing to be the results to all the efforts I have put into bypassing this issue. I even installed the game on another account (family member happened to be wanting to get into the game and I am always happy to support your guys products) and proceeded to find the game once again via USB. I had more success on the fresh install but it seemed that the users folder was empty like in the post you linked above. If memory serves that is where the settings file is as well as folders like portraits and so fourth. The main difference in this case was that my family member had a different phone which seemed to result in me being able to see the data within android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files. I was stopped short at the users folder though.

Once again, thank you for the response, I am pleasantly surprised to see you and your team responding to posts such as this one.

Although I know the discussion you linked was from earlier this month. Do you think they will have it so we can reaccess our files sometime in June?
    edited June 2021
    UPDATE:
    Good news. I went into my phone and cleared the app data and cache (this resulted in the need for a reinstall) but I am the bluetooth mouse issue is now resolved along with me being able to properly access everything via USB.