Skip to content

[Released] Black Hearts - BG1

1789101113»

Comments

• LeithLeith Member Posts: 3
    edited August 21
    Hey! I'm having an issue with the mod rn. When I first talk to
    Nerys everything goes well, we listen to the two rogues, we introduce ourselves, she brings us to her house then... nothing happens. When I talk to her I can ask questions about her, the city or the rumours she's heard but that's it. I suspect the research cutscene is just not triggering.
    Any idea how I could remedy that? Thanks in advance.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 619
    Leith wrote: »
    Hey! I'm having an issue with the mod rn. When I first talk to
    Nerys everything goes well, we listen to the two rogues, we introduce ourselves, she brings us to her house then... nothing happens. When I talk to her I can ask questions about her, the city or the rumours she's heard but that's it. I suspect the research cutscene is just not triggering.
    Any idea how I could remedy that? Thanks in advance.
    Look at this earlier post :
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1200875/#Comment_1200875
    JohnBob wrote: »
    Thanks !

Yes, the fork is updated, here is a direct link.
    Thanks, I did a fresh test install but the console line doesn't seem to work.
  • LeithLeith Member Posts: 3
    Trouveur wrote: »
    That's my bad, did a quick search and found nothing. The solution worked perfectly, thanks a lot!
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 191
    edited August 21

Hum, odd. You have started a new game ?

When you are at CandleKeep.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BHBG1Quest","GLOBAL",9)

Then
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("wi0003")

Be carefull at level one you will die immediatly...
  • IncrementisIncrementis Member Posts: 61
    "It should be corrected in the fork, but it would be nice if you could test it... (on a copy of your game, you can use the same save to jump right on it)" - @JohnBob

I created a new clean copy of the BGEE base game and installed the forked version into it, and as you said the problem no longer exists. I'm assuming this has something to do with ClearAction(). What's also fascinating is that there isn't even an automatic pause between the liberation and the start of the dialogue. This works very well.

With all of these fixes, this mod feels more and more like a must-have for future runs.
    I'll play with this version until Sarevok is killed, unless you're more interested in reports about version 1.02.
    edited August 21
    Thanks for testing ! (This time and all the others !)
    What's also fascinating is that there isn't even an automatic pause between the liberation and the start of the dialogue. This works very well.
    ClearAllAction will prevent your party to wandering around during the cutscene but the main change is to make the Herald neutral until it finish is dialog and summon elemental.

Yes I notice that automatic pause doesn't pause after the dialog, I never use this functionnallity so I don't know if it's normal behavior.
    With all of these fixes, this mod feels more and more like a must-have for future runs.
    I'll play with this version until Sarevok is killed, unless you're more interested in reports about version 1.02.
    Feel free to use the version you want, at the point of the mod story both are relevant for me !

Hum, odd. You have started a new game ?

When you are at CandleKeep.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BHBG1Quest","GLOBAL",9)

Then
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("wi0003")

Be carefull at level one you will die immediatly...
    Yes, I tried again and it works this time.
    The cutscene works flawlessly now. :smile:
    There is an error with an item name in the status “Unidentified” (see image):
    7n6ertgj0ps6.png
    The weapon can be found on Dannimus Toth(Boss-fight with Cherise).
    edited August 21
    Re @Trouveur !

I think Yondak will be more to you liking now, are you okay to try it again ?

For the spell caster no casting spells, I am not sure what to do, some scripts have been moved around to take precedence on the other, but I don't know if it's enough. (Tell me if now you see some differences)

Also : Are we agree about that Malachi Medeid doesn't need any modification, I found him casting spell normaly ?

Memory backup (to see later with AWizardDidIt ) :

- About Thayen agent, I don't know if make them equip the dagger is really an improvement, I will wait to see what was AWizardDidIt intent (maybe it was it...)
    - Also, he set some traps, but you can explore this area before this encounter and disarm them. Maybe it would be best if the area wasn't accessible until the player knows about it and come here searching for the druid, so the traps couldn't be disarm in advance ?
    - WI0008 / WI0009 Dungeon or not Dungeon ?
    - Nerys Song !
    Post edited by JohnBob on
    There is an error with an item name in the status “Unidentified”

Thanks, these lines had the same references in tra file, it's corrected for the fork !
    So, I finally finished my run.
    In the end, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised about this mod as far as the finale goes.

This means that unfortunately I won't be testing this mod anymore (at least not for a very long time, as I have to concentrate on other things now).
    Still, I don't want to leave without giving a few compliments.

@AWizardDidIt , Thank you for your work and the great mod you made.
    I had a lot of fun and I also really liked what was written.
    The characters feel multidimensional when you talk to them, and the reasons for their actions make sense.
    The cutscenes reminded me a bit of Biowares and always felt appropriate.
    In addition, it has a high level of replayability, as I know that the outcomes and dialogues can be different depending on the decisions made and depending who is in your group.
    Part of me wishes it had been available 23 years ago when the original game was still fresh.
    My younger self would have celebrated your work!

However, I have a few things in mind that are not a must, but are nice to have:
    • Illasera's shadow copy profile picture may need some work. It reminds me too much of a filter used in photo editing programs.
    • The criminals that had to be hunted down outside Baldur's Gate could use a few lines of dialogue.
    • Some maps are from Lionheart (I played the game when it came out) and while they fit very well, it would be a joy to have custom maps for this mod. On this topic, I can think of two mod developers who could help (this is not a request from me, just a suggestion). These are lava and acifer.

@JohnBob thank you for your work regarding mod repair. I understand that you are part of the Gate Project and I personally find what you are doing very honorable. I also think it plays a big part in keeping the community and this game alive.

To everyone else, I highly recommedn trying Blackhearts.

I wish you all happy modding and gaming!
    Re @Trouveur !

For the spell caster no casting spells, I am not sure what to do, some scripts have been moved around to take precedence on the other, but I don't know if it's enough. (Tell me if now you see some differences)

Also : Are we agree about that Malachi Medeid doesn't need any modification, I found him casting spell normaly ?

Memory backup (to see later with AWizardDidIt ) :

- About Thayen agent, I don't know if make them equip the dagger is really an improvement, I will wait to see what was AWizardDidIt intent (maybe it was it...)
    - Also, he set some traps, but you can explore this area before this encounter and disarm them. Maybe it would be best if the area wasn't accessible until the player knows about it and come here searching for the druid, so the traps couldn't be disarm in advance ?
    - WI0008 / WI0009 Dungeon or not Dungeon ?
    - Nerys Song !
    I'm currently on travel, but will try the Red Wizards fight with latest version Sunday or Monday.
    Thanks @Incrementis for your words and your help ! (It is very nice that you and Trouveur took the time to "proofread" the corrections)

Your kind comments about The Gate Project are also greatly appreciated !

@Trouveur, no rush take your time, but thanks for letting me know.
    Re @Trouveur !

So I tested the whole Red Wizards areas with the latest fork.
    Thayan conjurator indeed cast spells, both defensive and offensive ones. Same for Malachi.
    Yondak, beside casting spells, now start with protective spells, he definitely is more difficult to kill.
    I think I understood what is the real problem for Thayan conjurators and Malachi : the areas have some walls and columns, and they seem to somehow obstruct the visual range of the enemies.
    Whereas the player see all the area, the foes only see the party members if they face them from particular angles.
    So they only start to cast spells when the party members are at melee range ready to hit them hard.
    I don't know of their visual range could be improve somehow ? Maybe with an invisible permanent wizard eye indifferent places ?

edited August 29
    I don't know of their visual range could be improve somehow ? Maybe with an invisible permanent wizard eye indifferent places ?

I have modified the searchmap (WI0007SR.BMP) for making the table/desk at the center of the room a light obstacle instead of a solid obstacle, this way anybody can see through.
    edited August 29

I have modified the searchmap (WI0007SR.BMP) for making the table/desk at the center of the room a light obstacle instead of a solid obstacle, this way anybody can see through.
    I will try it then. :smile:
    Edit : indeed Malachi started casting immediately. :)
    Post edited by Trouveur on
    Ok, thanks for your tests @Trouveur.