Skip to content

MythForce RELEASED in Early Access

Comments

• AesculapeAesculape Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for you reply…of course I do have free slots when trying that…but this “pick up” button NEVER works…slots 3 and 4 are always free and it is impossible to pick up any items to put them there…the reason why my surprise and interrogation !!! So I can’t drop what I never can pick up…you may agree !!! As this only type of “pickup” button which is shown up above don’t work being unclickable though the pick-up button followed by the namely item to be picked up works as for lotions…boots..and so on…as slots 5 to 8 work but not slots 3 and 4 to pick up any helpful item to exchange one with another along the game situations !!! Did you try solo player without this limitation !?! Anyway thanks again !!! Have a nice day !!! Kind regards !!!
    zvzmyabgp9yf.jpeg
    So here another picture where it is impossible to pick up bow on the pickup button but only hold to swap and as you can see…the third and fourth slots are empty and couldn’t be filled though slots 5 to 8 are working normally the 7th slot only being empty !!! Thanks for your attention !!!
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Your best chance would be to join the Discord linked in this thread for support, or to wait until after the weekend for JuliusBorisov.

To make sure it's a bug and not some messed up settings, I'd try again if the problem persists when you reset to the default keybinds, but I suppose you've tried that already. It also wouldn't explain why it works for boots but not weapons.
    edited May 2022
    Yes I did thank you !!! The same results unfortunately happened with default settings !!! Have a nice Sunday !!! Kind regards !!!
    Post edited by Aesculape on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Aesculape If you rebind Pick Up to a different button (you currently have it rebound to E), does it fix this issue?
    Unfortunately not...even with F default setting...it is the same !!! I even tried to drop items from slot 1 and 2 when at the very beginning to see if I can pick them up...not at all !!! Thanks for you reply and your attention !!! Have a nice day !!!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Take a peek at MythForce concept art & hear details on its radical conception in this 🌟choice🌟 piece from Polygon!😎

https://www.polygon.com/23065732/mythforce-1980s-cartoon-video-game-concept-art-studio
    Thank you for sharing Mythforce concept art…very interesting and beautifully designed as your actual game !!! By the way I do hope you’ll find out what’s going on with the third and fourth slot the pick-up button never gives me access to lol !!! Perhaps the controller option you seemed to have scheduled may hopefully resolve this situation unless you can do this way before…wouldn’t it be great too !!! Have a nice day !!!
    Yeah, we're still looking into the problem you've reported. Indeed, there is hope that controller support will eventually help in such cases.
    HI JuliusBorisov thank you for your reply...couldn't it be perhaps a conflict between hotbar and the keyboard ( is it a qwerty one !?!) you assigned the keys to...just for a tiny key - the pickup one within all interactive keys working perfectly well - and probably the same for the 1 to 8 quick access keys (using an azerty French keyboard) I never got access to lol so the pickup button versus swap one where swap works but not pickup when both are displayed on screen !!! I tried all the keys on keyboard for the interact button whatever without the least result for picking items except for the ones you namely described but equip buttons work only within the 5 to 8 slot aren't they !?! BUT using the corresponding keys on azerty keyboard to replace the 1 to 8 buttons I never could access to and truly didn't find either within your control station…I now can access the complete hotbar and mostly the 3rd and 4th slot as you can see on the following pictures…but unfortunately still not the pickup button hoping you and your team will find how to fix this issue !!! Thank you anyway for your support !!! Have a nice day !!! Kind regards !!!
    edited May 2022
    ottjrecvjpa3.jpeg
    kti171bl3lph.jpeg
    grmtg6qer9qj.jpeg
    072xwmyycmf8.jpeg
    edited May 2022
    Thank you and sorry not to be able to put the pictures correctly as the previous ones for unknown reasons as they were in right position when uploading them !!!
    No worries! Thanks for your pictures and explanation. We're still investigating.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    I just bought MythForce, but I will not be playing it. I'm not a fan of the first-person perspective. The two reasons I purchased this game are:

1. This is Beamdog's first game developed of their own IP, and I want to contribute to making it successful.
    2. My contribution will add resources that can be allocated to fixing bugs that still linger in the EE's.

The point I'm trying to make is even if you don't plan on playing MythForce, by supporting Beamdog in their endeavors you enable them to continue supporting the EE titles we treasure. Here's hoping. Have a great and safe weekend.

Thank you for reading. Happy, healthy (both mentally and physically) gaming to all.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited May 2022
    I would buy it too but they don't accept my Debit Card. The only game I have on there I bought a code in a box from Amazon. I left PayPal when they demanded my phone number for the insecure 2 factor authentication. So, unless BD can sell a code in a box via Amazon I am stuck until the Epic Store exclusivity expires.

TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
    ✨ Eldryth Emporium Update ✨

Hey Everyone!

The second MythForce content update is now live! ✅

What's Included:
    • Eldryth Emporium Cosmetic Shop
    • 5 New Unlockable Artifacts
    • Adventure Split System
    • Bug Fixes

See the full patch notes here.

See you in the dungeon!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    ...yet still no information if it's ever going to be available on other platforms than Epic, even though it's been asked here, at Twitter and FB. And no, I don't believe in "they don't know yet" because you do not release a game without a distribution plan: not just for the beta, but for the actual 1.0.

Again - a pity.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Is there going to be a VR port of this game? It's something to consider. Rouguelite games with very similar gameplay are some of my favorite things on the platform.
    ...yet still no information if it's ever going to be available on other platforms than Epic, even though it's been asked here, at Twitter and FB. And no, I don't believe in "they don't know yet" because you do not release a game without a distribution plan: not just for the beta, but for the actual 1.0.

Again - a pity.

All future platforms are TBD. Sorry about that uncertainty.
    The 3rd #MythForce Content Update is now LIVE ✅

- Check out the new merchant shop 💀
    - Share Health Potions with friends 💖
    - Sell your gear for some extra gold 👑
    - Battle a new cold-blooded foe ⚔️

Full patch notes here .
    ⚔️ Bastion Battle Update 🛡️

Hey Everyone!
    It’s a good day to be a MythForce fan.

Our fourth- and biggest content update is now live! ✅

What's Included:
    - Major Forest Visual Upgrade 🌳
    - New Ability Upgrades
    - Perfect Defense/Parry/ Charge Mechanics 🛡️
    - New Class Perks
    - Ping System/ Communication Wheel 🚩
    - AFK Kick Option 👢
    - Elemental Enhancements Added to Shields 🔥
    - Deadlier Enemy Abilities 🦎
    - Stamina Regen Buff 🏃‍♂️
    -Bug Fixes and MORE!

Read the full patch notes here.

Have fun adventuring!
    🌴Summer Stability Update🌴

Hey Everyone!

Our Summer Stability Update is now live! ✅

This update will fix a variety of new and longstanding bugs.

Thanks to our community's amazing bug reports (both in-game and via discord), addressing these issues was made significantly easier and should result in a smoother experience for all players in the long run.

A full list of fixes can be found here .
    The 5th MythForce Content Update is now LIVE:

- New Elite Enemy Type
    - New Weapon
    - Emotes / Voicelines
    - Bug Fixes & More

Full patch notes here.
    The Controller Update was released this week.

Hey Everyone! We've added what is arguably our most requested feature. 🎉

Our Controller Update is LIVE ✅

It's time to plug in those gamepads! 🎮

Full patch notes here.
    HI JuliusBorisov I really did hope your successive updates and now the controller one would fix the "pick-up" problem I told you long ago but unfortunately not...so sorry !!! X button (for "pick-up") works the same way as the E or F keyboard button...for vials and equipment only (equip always works) but not for weapons for whatever reason as each time X or E( or F) is displayed twice on the screen for choosing "pick-up" versus "swap"...only "swap" works but NEVER "pick-up" !!! Very odd to say the least lol so it seems only you might have a clue to fix that riddle as the creators and programmers of this anyway well-designed game would the "pick-up" button really be working...lol !!! Thank you !!!
    The 7th #MythForce #ContentUpdate is now LIVE ✅

- Spooky Halloween skins for all four characters 🧛‍♀️
    - New Electric Spellbook ⚡
    - Cloud Save Support ☁️
    - New Weapon Effects 🔱
    - Bug Fixes & More 🐛

Full Patch notes here.

P.S. @Aesculape We haven't been able to repro the issue yet. We've looked a few times into it, including after your September post.
    🦘 Power Up ⚔️

Hey Adventurers!

It's time to JUMP into the action with the 8th MythForce Content Update. ✅

What's Included:
    - New Jump Abilities for all four heroes
    - New Ability Upgrades 🦋
    - Bug Fixes and more

Full patch notes here.
    🚀 PTR Launch 🚀

Hey Adventurers!

Its time to test out some exciting new changes in your favorite 80's roguelite with the launch of the MythForce PTR (Public Test Realm). ✅
    Players can find and download the PTR in the Add-Ons section of the MythForce store page on EGS.

What's Included:

- Rewards Selection 🎁
    - Weapon Loadouts ⚔️
    - Character-Specific Perks 🌟
    - Character Upgrade Rework 🏋️
    - Difficulty Selection and MORE! ☠️

Full Release notes 👉 https://bit.ly/mythforceptr
    Known Issues 👉 https://bit.ly/ptrknownissues
    🌩️ Elements🌩️

Hey Adventurers!

The 9th MythForce Content Update is now LIVE ✅

What's Included:

- Navigation Ping Added 📍
    - Ice Book Buff ❄️
    - Environmental Element Effects 🔥

Full Patch Notes here 👉 https://bit.ly/mythforce9

❗ This is a LIVE BUILD update. The PTR testing continues as normal.❗