Skip to content

[Workaround] Unpausing multiplayer game doesn't work

Comments

• quairlzrquairlzr Member Posts: 5
    We have been able to sleep normally outdoors. Trying to rest in an inn, however, makes the message "Paused for rest screen" appear. Once again, neither player can do anything. The game did unpause itself once I disconnected and the host was left alone on the server.
  • etrisetris Member Posts: 3
    any idea how to fix it? i cant rest in an inn, coz i get pause and cant unpause
  • WileWile Member Posts: 2
    So apparently you can fix this quite easily (posted in another post or something), go to the movies folder and copy and rename for example the "rest.wbm" to "restinn.wbm"
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    @Balquo thread should probably go in bugs and be merged with others
  • BabakBabak Member Posts: 9
    the rest in the inn now work, but if we have to camp the problem still remaning... any solution?? ;)
  • quairlzrquairlzr Member Posts: 5
    at the moment we're just making do with wilderness resting - not much else we can do.
  • P6345ukP6345uk Member Posts: 8
    Issue

For some reason on multi-player game i am unable to rest in inns. tried all the Beregost and Naskel
    it appears if it is stuck in pause mode. but nothing can be pressed to resolve.
    you can click around but nothing happens.

my party is a cavalier and wild mage + imoen. if this helps

is anyone else experiencing this?

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yeah, resting at inns in multiplayer games currently have this bug.
  • P6345ukP6345uk Member Posts: 8
    @Tanthalas

Cheers couldn't find the discussion it in the bug section.
  • ArclathArclath Member Posts: 4
    We get this problem too.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I have this problem too.
  • DurlachionDurlachion Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2012
    Try to copy the rest.wbm file located at X:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\movies\ and rename it to restinn.wbm
    With that it should play a video when resting at the Inn and hence unpausing after watching it should work as expected. (Some people said it worked for them)
    And if you are enthuastic enough you may want to create a second copy of the rest.wbm and this time rename it to restdung.wbm. Which might take care of the dungeon camp video sequence... (unconfirmed, just a guess considering that the file was named this way in BG II)

Good guy I am, here is the link to the other discussion: Unable to unpause after resting in inn.
  • Snowblindn3ssSnowblindn3ss Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2012
    There's already a bigger thread for this one:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/152941/#Comment_152941
  • KyuushiKyuushi Member Posts: 3

@Dalsd:
    Maybe "restdung.wbm" will work - at least thats how it is named in BG II... However, not tested by myself. So feedback would be great :-)

Just tested, works for me in the mines =)

Yep, I also started a test game and rushed to nashkell to test it. Works :-D
  • Snowblindn3ssSnowblindn3ss Member Posts: 16
    Great, so can anyone tell me now, what would be the name of the daytime change (when the day changes into night or vice versa) movie? Cause that one is bugged for me also :)
  • RawesomeRawesome Member Posts: 8
    When resting indoors, IE taverns and in dungeons in multiplayer with two or more players connected, the game will pause for resting and get stuck.
    It's supposed to unpause after the (missing) rest cinematic, however it doesn't.

There is a work around, where everyone but the host leaves and reconnects. The host can then unpause when there are no other people connected. However that is a lot to go through everytime you need to take a nap.
  • TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Member Posts: 17
    hey guys, me and my friend just started playing BG:EE and.. each and every time that we go for a rest in any inn, the game just jam in an unending pause.. We are stuck.. cannot move, cannot unpaused,.. well cant do anything.. so we have to reload and go rest outside the city.. WTF? Am I the only one?
  • KyuushiKyuushi Member Posts: 3

hey guys, me and my friend just started playing BG:EE and.. each and every time that we go for a rest in any inn, the game just jam in an unending pause.. We are stuck.. cannot move, cannot unpaused,.. well cant do anything.. so we have to reload and go rest outside the city.. WTF? Am I the only one?

There is a work-around listed in this thread for that.
  • DalsdDalsd Member Posts: 11
    Bump this to fist page for everyone to see, already on page 5.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Bump again - this needs to be added to the master list

@Zeckul?
  • iZEiZE Member Posts: 4
    Bump, can this one be sticky?
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    What bug does this fix exactly? Link to original report, steps to reproduce?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Zeckul said:

What bug does this fix exactly? Link to original report, steps to reproduce?

I guess it means to fix this: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/976

And without testing it, i'm pretty sure he is correct. The engine still references those movies.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited December 2012
    That bug is about the lack of feedback, the issue here is about "trouble unpausing". Exactly what do you need to do to have trouble unpausing? I can't reproduce this.

Nvm, this is for multiplayer games: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7425/unable-to-unpause-after-resting-in-inn/p1

Will add to the master thread, thanks.
    Uh, oh - you are totally right, Zeckul. I absolutely forgot about the important 'multiplayer' hint. Well, however, the videos are also missing in the single player campaign, but do not lead to an error.

Thanks for making this sticky! :-)
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2012
    I've started a multiplayer game with one of my kids. We have 2 computers, both running Windows 7, connected through a router. We are playing 1 char each. Every time we try to rest in an Inn (rent a room) the game gets stuck in pause mode. Normally when one of us pauses the game we see a message "game paused by 'name' ". When we try to rent a room in an Inn we see the same message, listing the hosting computer's player name. Neither computer can break the pause, tho I was able to Quick Load and resume. It's done it at the Inn at Candlekeep with just our 2 characters and at the Friendly Arm with Imoen, Jahiera and Khalid.

We were able to rest successfully outside. Neither reloading from a save nor restarting the game entirely fixed this.

It's not game breaking since you can rest outside. (I'm cheap so I usually dont anyway) But it does need addressed.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • BOIBOI Member Posts: 6
    I'm playing with a friend and we have tha same bug.
    Everytime we sleep in an inn the game pauses and no one can unpauuse it.
    I belive the problem is with the movies. When sleeping on the wild apears a movie of a campfire and the message "(Server Name) Paused for movie", and as soon as the movie ends, it unpauses on its on. When sleeping in an inn, the same message apears, but there is no movie, and then no one can unpause (I believe that it is because the engine thinks there is a movie playing when there is none and is waiting a response for the movie to finish or something).
    So, the player that is not the server has to logout and logon again for it to unpause.
    Also happens when you sleep on the black pits, and I belive that on caverns as well.