Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge #3: Baldur's Gate Characters in the Modern World

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
Hey everyone, it's Friday the 30th, and that means it's time to start the third ever Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge!
The theme for these next two weeks is "Baldur's Gate Characters in the Modern World"! I'm just going to directly quote @Shandyr's descriptions of the topic since they describe it better than I could.
Shandyr said:

So I have started to watch the TV-series "Once upon a time" in which the fairytale characters we know are thrown out of their world by a dark curse into our modern times. They have lost their memories and can't remember who they are. Yet they lead a normal modern life.

So what if something similar happened to the characters of Baldur's Gate?

If they were cast out of the Forgotten Realms into our world and led a normal modern life without any memory of who they actually once were, what would their lives be like?

Can you imagine one of the Baldur's Gate characters as lawyer, teacher, policeman, scientist in our modern society?

Would Minsc be a bodyguard? Would Jaheira and Cernd work at a tree nursery? Would Aerie work at a hospital?

Would you like to meet them? Would you try to make them remember who they are?
And what if slowly, very slowly, some parts of their memories actually returned?

Shandyr said:

So based on the idea of the TV-series "Once upon a time" I would like to see a fanart challenge that deals with the idea of the characters of Baldur's Gate cast into our modern world. They have lost their memory and do not know who they are, but they lead a normal modern life.
(For a discussion of how they would lead their lives see here.)

If this was a fanart challenge I would like to see fanarts like:

Viconia and Aerie in nurse outfits
Minsc as a bodyguard with sunglasses
Tiax drawn as a US Senator
Xan as either an emo teenager or as LadyEibhilinRhett suggested a trial lawyer
Anomen as a med student
Mazzy as a policewoman
Jaheira in a greenpeace jacket

and so on, whatever you can imagine.

I'll restate the rules for anyone who wasn't around during the first challenge. ANY ART in ANY MEDIUM IMAGINABLE is okay, as long as A) it is your work, and B) It has something to do with the current theme (And remember, this can be as loosely interpreted as you like!) You are allowed to submit as many entries to the challenge as you want.
There are no winners, or losers, in this challenge, though I do keep track of participation statistics, which are updated at the end of each challenge. Statistics page can be found at the following URL.
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6716/baldurs-gate-fanart-challenge-participation-statistics-links-to-all-challenges#latest
Remember, this is all in good fun, and it's to get the fandom ACTIVE and CREATING STUFF, GETTING ART OUT THERE. Don't be ashamed of your work, everything is accepted and encouraged. If all you can draw is stick figures, than we want to see your stick figures, and we will freaking love your stick figures.
This challenge will end on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15th. The reason it will be a day later than usual is I am returning home from college that Friday and will be on the road all day.

Remember, themes are decided by popular vote, so if you want a say in the next theme, go over and suggest things on the suggestions thread! You can also vote for other people's suggestions by liking them or making your own post and saying that you vote for them.
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6250/ideas-for-future-baldurs-gate-fanart-challenge-themes#latest

So go forth, and have fun, all! I look forward to seeing your submissions!

Post edited by Dee on

Comments