Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Oh... so the game isn't planning on including more content for Dorn, Neera and Rasaad for the updated version of NPC project? Just curious... not rushing or judging or anything like that
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Xavioria Not that I know of, no, but of course @cmorgan would certainly know better than I!

If you're interested in more content for Neera, at least, I did write an expansion for her with a number of extra talks plus some flirts for the romantically inclined: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1022-neera-expansion/
    @Kaeloree OMG must see!!! wasn't interested in Neera until I played with her, she's more interesting than I gave her credit for XD
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    Any updates on this ? :(((
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Kaeloree said:

I don't think there's an ETA yet; it's a big amount of work and an extensive amount of testing, so it could take many months before it's ready for public consumption.

I believe you can consider that this "update" will remain valid until further notice from the mod author, @cmorgan.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Yep, cmorgan and I've been in contact about it and unfortunately for now that's about as good as we can do!
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    months ;____;
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    hmm..months.. Guess I'm gonna have to go back to TuTu :(
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Severon said:

hmm..months.. Guess I'm gonna have to go back to TuTu :(

Indeed, I have not yet been able to finish BGEE and I belive it's due to missing the NPC Project, the game is just not the same without it.

• TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    Im waiting for this and a fix to custom soundsets before I can start enjoying the EE.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252

Im waiting for this and a fix to custom soundsets before I can start enjoying the EE.

Agreed, even though I really like the changes they have made for EE. I know they are working on it so I'm not trying to nudge or anything, but I had no idea how much I considered that and some of the other mods to be baseline until they were gone.

• jigawtzjigawtz Member Posts: 4

I agree with TiaxRulesAll, with the BG2 fixpack working it is great, but BG1 hasn't been the same in a decade (tutu) without the NPC project! Just an absolutely necessary injection of pure fan love!
    The necessity of it hit me when Gorion had died and Imoen didn't even bother asking me how I was feelin'!
    I miss it alot for the quests, as well as a few of the romances. I've been futsing around with BG:EE anyways, just having fun playing different classes (which I've done before anyways) and playing with different parties.

Once the NPC project comes out though... the real game BEGINS!!!
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Xavioria said:

Once the NPC project comes out though... the real game BEGINS!!!

Amen to that. I'm holding off on my canon Mage run until I have my mods for EE.

• WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Any updates on this or ETA?
    @Kaeloree lmao, I love it: "HUSH, dinner will be ready WHEN IT'S READY!"
  • siliconpsychosissiliconpsychosis Member Posts: 32
    Yeah Iam being patient but I was wandering how long its been in the oven? Have you checked its not overcooked? Have I got time for a quick snack before its ready? :)
    Well @siliconpsychosis, I suggest getting a snack because I don't think there's anything you can partake into that will ruin THIS feast!
  • siliconpsychosissiliconpsychosis Member Posts: 32
    Lol thanks Xavoria :)
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    Cool! Which thread do we need to rabidly monitor now? This one or another?
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284

Cool! Which thread do we need to rabidly monitor now? This one or another?

I don't know! Personally I'm following four different threads just in case ;P
    Call me an idiot, but how does this game support mods? Is it similar to the original version (i.e. it doesn't, you install them yourself) or does the game actually recognise which mods you have installed?
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58

Call me an idiot, but how does this game support mods? Is it similar to the original version (i.e. it doesn't, you install them yourself) or does the game actually recognise which mods you have installed?

The former... you install them yourself, generally via one or more Weidu executables. Other than a change in install path (and dialog.tlk location), installing mods for BG:EE was pretty much exactly the same as doing it for the original game.

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    The game engine was opened up a bit, so some things that were previously hard coded are now moddable. It also provides better base for mods, you no longer has to rely on installing numerous different fix packs first. You just install the mods that provide extra content keeping the number lower and easier to manage. Also the engine was improved, meaning the complex scripting many mods have might run smoother (I'm not sure about this).
    Bercon said:

The game engine was opened up a bit, so some things that were previously hard coded are now moddable. It also provides better base for mods, you no longer has to rely on installing numerous different fix packs first. You just install the mods that provide extra content keeping the number lower and easier to manage. Also the engine was improved, meaning the complex scripting many mods have might run smoother (I'm not sure about this).

Yes, sorry... I was not trying to oversimplify things. As you point out, a lot of things changed from the perspective of the mod creator (which is why it's taking a while for some of the mods to be re-released for BG:EE). For Zaarin_2003's purposes though, very little has changed. He/She just needs to make sure the mod they want to install is BG:EE compatible, hardlink the dialog.tlk, and install the mod. :)

Hi, thanks for the responses. Sorry, I (he) don't know what you mean by 'hardlink the dialog.tlk' file. In my experience, which is installing Tutu, the fixpacks and NPC Project et al, I merely had to double click an executable - the installer did the rest.

I'm jumping ahead a bit I know - I'm sure the NPC Project, when its finished, will come with detailed instructions and my questions now will be answered in a readme. I was just curious as to whether the mod installation experience would be similar to the vanilla BG. So if so, that's fine. :-)
    Hi Zaarin_2003, I'd suggest checking out the stickied thread in this forum "Player how-to: Getting mods to work on BGEE" (link: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1) which describes how to link the dialog.tlk and anything else you might need to know for installing mods. As I mentioned earlier, other than that issue, installing mods is the same for BG:EE as it is for vanilla BG.
This discussion has been closed.