Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    agreed fully Valamyr. Have never been able to play a BG1 playthrouhg since the first time I have installed this. It IS essential.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Do we have any ETA on this yet? :)
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    Kaeloree said:

Soon. ;)

Do you mean this will be included in the next patch soon? :)

• mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    Kaeloree said:

Soon. ;)

Are we there yet? ;)
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Hoo Ah, no, BG1NPC is a mod, not an official addon.

@mars0124 Almost! I promise.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    Are we there yet?

I have three kids. They've taught me how to do this for HOURS!

Though in all seriousness, take the time you need to Mae the quality product you'd desire. I'm excited!
  • WillyML4WillyML4 Member Posts: 9
    I'm excited too!

:D

I'm rooting for you guys, Kaeloree. Keep up the good work, and have a cookie from me.
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    I'm rooting that UB is tacked on to this.
    @unfortunate_one Unfortunately they are two very different mods, so that's a no on that front.
    Do you think we might even get the mod this week-end then, @Kaeloree ? :)

*cancels all plans with friends for the week-end*
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    I'm sorry for going offtopic but since you might know...
    @Kaeloree where should we go to get news/status about UB? the subforum in pocketplane seems mostly dead with little/no info regarding EE or any new posts in the last 4 months.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @JosefineS
    In my experience, when a designer/modder/person doing anything says 'soon' it usually means 'somewhere within a month, if we can, possibly longer, we'll see'.

I don't question the hard work these fine people are doing for this awesome mod (thank you for this btw, fine people) but don't get your hopes up.
  • batenbaten Member Posts: 9
    But then again, until the observer do something, it's gonna stay at "soon" state. So what should we do? Go bugging the modder everyday? But then the outcome also indeterminate. It can fall either to happen or not happening at all. Hmmm what a dilemma......
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    To add to that dilemma, consider that the more time they spend responding to you, the less time they spend actually doing the work.

This is why holding lots of meetings about late projects tends to make the projects even later.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Curious! Was planning an evil run as my first once this precious mod has been re-released. Will it feature banters for all the four new NPCS as well? :)
    @Stickan No, BG1NPC is complete as it is and won't be receiving any new content. :)
    Kaeloree said:

@Stickan No, BG1NPC is complete as it is and won't be receiving any new content. :)

Alright, thanks for answering! Just making certain I maximize my banter to satisfy my cravings ;) I guess I'll just kill that ugly half-orc.. And who needs a weak drow male anyhow when you can have Edwina!

• KasKas Member Posts: 28
    me desire this mod!
  • K4f4rK4f4r Member Posts: 14
    Pretty much anyone does:)
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Very excited for this! It will make the EE edition complete for me along with the Archaic GUI mod.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    "How soon is now?" came up on the radio and made me think of this thread. Weird how the brain works.

Finally! :D how do you apply for a PM? Just by posting here?
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    JosefineS said:

Finally! :D how do you apply for a PM? Just by posting here?

I reckon it's done by applying yourself as a tester in the other thread in this section of the forums.

@Kaeloree
    Good news! Can't wait...
    Wohoo!
  • batenbaten Member Posts: 9
    Hmm... unfortunately, have to pass for the tester application (╥_╥)
    Well, hopefully it's all good and nice, so we can have the public ver soon enough :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    if someone finishes this mod in the next week, i will personally pay them 150 us dollars. this mod is the best! the game just isn't the same without it
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @Kaeloree is cmorgan the author of the mod or is he just responsible for the porting? Did he say he's not interested at all on adding the new NPC? I hope he's open for that some other time in the near future.:-)
This discussion has been closed.