Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2:EE ?

Is there any release forecast, I would buy it on the spot! If not what would be the problem?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArcanjoArcanjo Member Posts: 155
    Shandyr said:
    Is there still a normal version of IWD2, seems to have had some improvements and even mods, will Bioware try to incorporate the same version of IWD2?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    IWD2 is available at GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/icewind_dale_2

IWD2's version of the Infinity Engine is partially converted to 3rd Edition rules, so it is not compatible with the Enhanced Edition game engine. Without the source code, it is not financially prudent for Beamdog to attempt creating IWD2:EE.
    What classes do you have in BG2 that you do not have in IWD2? Is there a shaman in IWD2?
    It has to buy the IWD without having to install the GOG, already enough the steam loaded me memory, they could by everything in the laucher of the BeamDog ....
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Arcanjo said:

What classes do you have in BG2 that you do not have in IWD2? Is there a shaman in IWD2?

The IWD2 classes are very different to BG2, even when they share the same name.

There is no Shaman in IWD2.
    Never Winter Night has the Shaman class?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Arcanjo said:

Never Winter Night has the Shaman class?

If you install the Player Resource Consortium (in short, PRC) mod, then yes. Otherwise no.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    NWN2 has a Shaman class. NWN, doesn't.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    edited August 2018
    Here's a drow shaman in iwd2 (iwdee engine) hehe

fluke13 said:

Here's a drow shaman in iwd2 (iwdee engine) hehe

Oficial IWD2:EE ?
    No..I just copied Targos into iwdee. But at least we know it works... at some point in the future iwd2ee will either be official or a mod. If it's a mod, we'd need a way to make sure people actually own the game (iwd2), otherwise there'd be obvious copyright breaches for distributing anything.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it will be a mod
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited August 2018
    A good mod, at that. IWD2 in 2E might just be playable.
    I'm digging way too deep into the iwd2 code heh, but there's some funny things in there, some deliberate and some I might be thinking too much about.

One example... the barkeep in the Salty Dog tavern.. first he frowns on the occupants as drunks, then he asks if they want another drink... bad writing? Or... in his cre file, you see he has intelligence 6 :D
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

A good mod, at that. IWD2 in 2E might just be playable.

and then you hit chapter 5 and no matter what edition its not playable haha