Skip to content

The Great Big Somewhat Large Forum Scrapbook!

voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
This thread is one giant scrapbook!

Feel free to share whatever random thoughts, events, or items of interest you come across in your travels!

Could be a life changing idea you had in the shower!
Could be a picture of your cat!
...It's probably going to be a lot of pictures of cats...

Feel free to give as much or as little detail as you wish.

Epic monologues, youtube videos, and single images welcomed alike!
ZaghoulThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaJuliusBorisov

Comments

• voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    Speaking of cats.

I was going to post something along with the first post but mine decided that was the time to jump up on my desk, throw herself into my arms and very vocally demand treats.

So here is a picture of a Penguin...

mlneveseThacoBell
    Also, I just watched a fantastic documentary on He-Man on Netflix.

I had no idea the creators took it so seriously. I thought it was just an elaborate a toy commercial but they got really meta with previz.

The Power of Greyskull
    ThacoBell
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    speaking of cats, here is a picture of our family cat, she is an interior short haired tabby that weighs 17.5 lbs

voidofopinionZaghoulmlneveseSkatan
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Zaghoul said:

Well on my travels tonight through the one two lane winding snake of a mountain road we have, I realized something. You know what I miss, and I mean miss, especially as it seemed every man and his dog was out on the road tonight?
    The little dimmer button that used to be on the floor of the car you pressed to dim your lights with. So much easier and convenient, especially on winding roads where it seems as soon as you turn your lights on bright, it makes another car come around the corner. We had em in the seventies and early eighties,what the heck happened? If nothing else you can keep both hands on the wheel, or errr, drive with one hand hanging on an open window. Bring back the floor dimmer man, just bring it back. B)

interesting, never new passenger vehicles had that, the tractor truck i drive when i go tire hauling still has that button on the floor because its almost 20 years old HAW! im still blown away how good the fuel mileage is on that semi, new tractors just can't compete with it
    ThacoBellvoidofopinionZaghoullolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Speaking of nearly impossible levels, here's one of the more entertaining levels I've seen: Item Abuse 3, a hack (not made in Mario Maker, but in a different program), completed using slow-downs and save states to avoid showing the deaths. I'm very fond of these absurdly difficult runs, because they're flashy to watch. I haven't even played the base game in maybe a decade, and I still find it very fun to watch.

voidofopinionThacoBelldeltagoSkatan
    Old man thought.

I miss when the internet was made up of personal websites instead of social media accounts.
    DrHappyAngrySkatanmlnevese
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577

Old man thought.

I miss when the internet was made up of personal websites instead of social media accounts.

A part of me misses the barrier that used to be there to get online. It was like a sign outside that said "You must be this smart to ride the internet." Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the convenience of being able to pull a map and see where I am instantly, or look up any fact quickly, but it's kind of painful that anybody can spout off any crazy stupid crap they can think up.
    voidofopinionmlnevese
    And having to make that choice to connect to the internet i instead of it being a habit.

So my wife watches a lot of cooking/tasting shows and I woke up to this:
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

Also my image thread. :)
    voidofopinion
    edited September 2018
    Im reading all the books for Stars Without Number right now.

I am loving the setting and it wears its Traveller influence as a badge of honor!

Deep in the future mankind learns to drill between layers of reality to enable faster than light travel. Humanity expands across the stars and the exposure to these other realms cause some humans to develop psychic powers. Then the scream happens. A shockwave that causes death or madness in all those touched by psychic powers.

Humanity loses the ability to use psychic jump gates. Worlds become shut off and isolated for centuries. Many falling to barbarism or ruin. The core worlds can no longer sustain life due to their dependence on other worlds to provide the resources that were depleted during the first great expansion.

600 years later and humanity is begining to recover. Technology has restored ship travel and there are once more a handful of psychics. However, much of the galaxy remains isolated and the lost tomb worlds await adventurers crazy and brave enough to explore them.
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessSkatanmlnevese
    Speaking of how the internet used to be:

The comments on this Imgur thread are just spot on!

https://imgur.com/gallery/9pTGLdl
    ThacoBell
    Greatest crossover or the best way to annoy fans of both series?

ZaghoulThacoBell
    Why not both? ;)
    voidofopinionThacoBell
    edited September 2018
    Then again I useually deserve it.
    ThacoBellSkatanmlnevese
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @voidofopinion Man, when they canceled Firefly that really bummed me out. I'm glad Whedon at least got wrap things up with the movie, even though it was rough seeing two of em bite it.
    voidofopinionThacoBell
    I watched Serenity first which I am grateful for.

I always knew when and how it was ending so every moment was precious.
    ThacoBellZaghoul
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Mr. Bougie
    voidofopinionZaghoul
    Aw, how cute! "Mew!"
    voidofopinion
    He has absolutely beautiful eyes!
    Well, now I have to post this picture of my Cleopatra, Queen of Denial... Gone, but not forgotten!
    voidofopinionZaghoulBelgarathMTH
    edited September 2018
    Im sorry for your loss. She has beautiful markings. Like an orange creamsicle!

Well I guess there is no stopping it now.

This is Selina. She was taken from her mommy too soon and put in a shelter. They were tentative about letting us adopt her but after interviewing us (yes they really interviewed us) they decided we would be good adoptive parents.

She has full personhood, has an equal voice and does an equal share of the work. She takes care of me as much as I take care of her.

Post edited by voidofopinion on
    LadyRhianZaghoulBelgarathMTH
    Full purrsonhood, hmm? Sweet!
    voidofopinion
    That pun was purrrfect!
    @voidofopinion You know what they say- a dog is a a dog, a bird is a bird, but a cat is a purrson. ;)
    voidofopinion
    @voidofopinion I used to get her clipped close during the summer.

Here's a pic of her as a shorthair!
    voidofopinionSkatan
    edited September 2018
    I see her matching orange and white (possibly yellow?) Mousey!

We don't have AC and it gets incredibly hot in the summer so every hour or so I surprise Silly by throwing a wet towel over her and getting her nice and soaked.

If she sees it coming she will run but once she is caught she will lift up her arms and legs and even stand up so you can get her belly. Then she sits in her chair which always has a fan on it and gets nice and cool.

:D

Edit: She will purr when it's really hot and she absolutely won't let you do anything to her she doesn't want to do. I blow raspberries on her tummy and she will wriggle and then glomp my hand, gentle bite it once then lick it twice then rub her cheek on it. But the vet needs chainmail gloves just to give her an inspection.

...And heaven forbid you try and clip her nails.

Cat Gushing/Ramble
    She also knows the word "No" so if you are doing something she doesn't like and she can't get away she will cry "NwaooooOoOoOoOoOooooo!!!"

Because I was home alone 24/7 with her when she was a kitten I made sure my wife was the one to feed her so that Silly would imprint on her. My wife always refers to herself as "Moma" to Silly which is apparently one of the words cats can pick up. So when Silly wants something she will go up to my wife, pat her on the arm or leg and cry "Mwaa Mwa" which always surprises guests.

Cats develop a unique language of vocalizations with their adopted family it's not that uncommon for cats to pick up a word or two in human. Especially if the word is repeated often when they are young or is heavily related to something they deem important.

Being able to say "Yes" "No" and "Moma" will get you far in the world.
    Post edited by voidofopinion on
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehr