Skip to content

Mental Health and Gaming

TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
Hello all, I want to talk about a subject that is a topic that is close to my heart and something i been dealing with for years and recently with my cancer.

As many of you know I been going through chemo atm, for Brain Cancer. But i have have a brain tumor on my brain stem and seizures since I was at the age of 5 yrs old and I am at the age of 31 now. Many of you dont know, is since i was 13 i struggled with depression and since i was 22 i been diagnosed with schizophrenia, and since bc of my brain tumor and since it became cancerous, the schizophrenia has gotten worse.

As you can see my health has destroyed my life, but gaming and Beamdog has been my outlet and comfort through this time and I want to say that, gaming is a way of joy for those in need to escape in time of depression and times of sadness. Fantasy, DnD, gaming brings relief and enjoyment to sadness and a little joy and hope and time to find that escape from the pain of the current trial that person is facing like myself and I personally want to thank Beamdog for what that they have done for me by remastering these games and bring a little hope back to my life.

Josh

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    What's the prognosis currently?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I raise my :cookie: to you, sir. May your enemies be conquered, your spirit unwavering, and your :cookie: jar overflowing.