Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    If it's on steam it's not independent
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Maybe I’m taking this too literally but can’t *anything* get onto Steam? I remember a huge critique of the platform was that it had no curation so garbage got on there too often (by garbage I mean asset flips, reskins, that sort of thing).
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    scriver said:

If it's on steam it's not independent

@Vallmyr is right, this statement makes zero sense.
    Matthieu
    Vallmyr said:

Maybe I’m taking this too literally but can’t *anything* get onto Steam? I remember a huge critique of the platform was that it had no curation so garbage got on there too often (by garbage I mean asset flips, reskins, that sort of thing).

I dunno, I was just referencing the old Indie music argument ;)
    bob_veng
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited August 2018
    Vallmyr said:

I'll tell you more. Not that long ago some ingenious bastards published dummy games with Dota 2 and CS:GO logos and created in-game items for them with images and descriptions that matched some very expensive stuff.
    Post edited by iKrivetko on
    Vallmyr
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    Vallmyr said:

I think it's something like anybody with the gumption to slap down $100 dollars can get their, uh, piece of software? code? onto the Steam platform. I remember when the Greenlight curation was overly strict, and actually legitimate games had to go through a social media campaign and a voting process. Now it's gone so far in the opposite direction that it's a task to find new actually legitimate games through the storefront through all the garbage.
    Vallmyr
    Animes! Animes everywhere!
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    After Bard's Tale IV and Pathfinder, what other crpg is coming in next few months?
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Thank you.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm looking forward to Stygian.
    KamigoroshiCvijeta
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited September 2018
    Cvijeta said:

After Bard's Tale IV and Pathfinder, what other crpg is coming in next few months?

Underworld Ascendant is supposedly hitting in September, but that games is almost certainly going to be an abject disaster based on the playable portion of it that was made available for review over the summer. Bard's Tale IV should be fine (I mean, how do you screw up something as fundamental as that kind of combat system, plus it looks gorgeous, but that 50 GB download is just a mammoth amount of space). In the end, Pathfinder may be the final curtain call for this isometric resurgence of the last 4 or 5 years. Regardless, Bard's Tale IV and Pathfinder are the last two I have any remote interest in purchasing. The Kickstarter/crowdfunding surge has sort of played itself out for the time being. I mean, if you like ARPGs there is Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem going into beta at the end of the month, but even as someone who already bought that game, I am only 50% sure it is ever going to be released in a finished state. Everyone is just sort of hoping it lives up to it's potential despite development moving at a glacial pace.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Another one is Wasteland 3, which is is supposed to be ready sometime around Winter 2019. But... well... it's inXile we're talking about. If Torment: Tides of Numenera is anything to go by, we may very well have to wait three additional years for that one.

Grammarsalad[Deleted User]
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Im hyped !!!! :open_mouth:

Kamigoroshibleusteelkanisatha[Deleted User]
    I'm also eager for building my Undead Bloodline Sorcerer's Kingdom of the Dead on top of my future enemies corpses. I'd even consider to romance the ex-paladin with that character just for the lulz of it. :p
    sarevok57[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Vallmyr
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Based on the last kickstarter update he is romancable by both male and female player characters. Now if only the cute halfling girl was. . . /sigh
    XD
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell
    Vallmyr
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    sarevok57[Deleted User]
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Well, I broke down and pre-ordered this and Bards Tale IV tonight so I could just stop thinking about whether I wanted to get them. These are the last two projects from this Kickstarter-era that I have any real interest in, and it's been a hell of a run of games. I hope both of them live up to their potential. I have never played Pathfinder and hope the RPG system is as good as people say and translated faithfully. Any idea of how long this game is estimated to be??
    [Deleted User]kanisathaSkatan
    edited September 2018

Any idea of how long this game is estimated to be??

From what we know so far:
    +40 hours for the main storyline
    +40 hours worth of side-quests
    +10 hours for an unlocked story chapter

So it will take you at least 90 hours to play through "one" completionist playthrough. Needless to say there are lots and lots of replayability factors. Owlcatgames also mentioned they will release at least three DLC's post-release. Only adding to the length.

Also of note is that the main storyline spawns over 5 ingame years.
    In contrast, the whole Baldur's Gate saga only took place within 2 years.
    sarevok57[Deleted User]Skatan
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

Well, I broke down and pre-ordered this and Bards Tale IV tonight so I could just stop thinking about whether I wanted to get them. These are the last two projects from this Kickstarter-era that I have any real interest in, and it's been a hell of a run of games. I hope both of them live up to their potential. I have never played Pathfinder and hope the RPG system is as good as people say and translated faithfully. Any idea of how long this game is estimated to be??

Black Geyser and Realms Beyond may be to your liking as well.
    [Deleted User]KamigoroshiGrammarsaladShadowdemon
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Im excited too... this looks epic. I watched a few interviews with Chris Avellone - I think he really excels in this kind of role and for me he's the perfect play tester. He's not just good with creating interesting story elements, but also with narrative structure... making sure the player feels their choices in actions and dialogues match up with the character they are roleplaying as.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited September 2018
    I drank a couple of beers last weekend and opened up GOG and saw their ads for Pathfinder thinking it was already out I bought it. But alas, it was just the pre-order. So now I am waiting for the release and I really HATE pre-order! I have many traits, some good, some bad, but patience is not one of them.
    [Deleted User]
    mlneveseThacoBell
    Shandyr said:

Skatan said:

I have many traits, some good, some bad, but patience is not one of them.

Oh oh, that's not good. Check out @mlnevese 's wall and you will find out why.
    Oh no.. I'm doomed!
    mlnevese[Deleted User]ThacoBell
    You may just as well use the remaining time to build up your custom portrait folder 'til release date hits next week. I know I did, 'cause Pathfinder: Kingmaker uses completely different dimensions than NwN or any of the IE's:

Hi all! About custom portraits. You can prepare three your own portraits with names: Small, Medium and Fulllength. All this images must be saved in PNG format with resolutions:
    Small - width: 185px, height: 242px;
    Medium - width: 330px, height: 432px;
    Fulllength - width: 692px, height: 1024px;

You can use this templates https://imgur.com/a/gtkHk5J

Small being the head, medium are busts and the fulllength one has the whole body visible.
    Mirandelbleusteel
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526

You may just as well use the remaining time to build up your custom portrait folder 'til release date hits next week. I know I did, 'cause Pathfinder: Kingmaker uses completely different dimensions than NwN or any of the IE's:

Hi all! About custom portraits. You can prepare three your own portraits with names: Small, Medium and Fulllength. All this images must be saved in PNG format with resolutions:
    Small - width: 185px, height: 242px;
    Medium - width: 330px, height: 432px;
    Fulllength - width: 692px, height: 1024px;

You can use this templates https://imgur.com/a/gtkHk5J

Small being the head, medium are busts and the fulllength one has the whole body visible.
    Totally missed that vital information! Thank you for posting it!
    Kamigoroshibleusteel
    I watched some let's plays on YT. I'm gonna go ahead and play my new favorite archetype; Monk/druid. I have no idea if that's a viable combo in PF:Km (hope alignment restrictions aren't a thing in PF), but I don't care, I'm gonna try. I haven't understood if they have an exp penalty for MC of uneven class levels, but if not; I'm gonna favor druid more than monk.