Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072

'cause Pathfinder: Kingmaker uses completely different dimensions

This should be illegal
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Went ahead and made portraits for my gnome bard, Piro, using the templates. Art is by an IRL friend (Should I post her actual name for proper sourcing?).

ThacoBellmegamike15
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    scriver said:

'cause Pathfinder: Kingmaker uses completely different dimensions

This should be illegal
    I'm calling my congressman
    Vallmyr said:

Went ahead and made portraits for my gnome bard, Piro, using the templates. Art is by an IRL friend (Should I post her actual name for proper sourcing?).

these are really good!
    ThacoBellMirandelVallmyr
    It can't possibly be worse than Divinity Original Sin 2 where I have like 40 hours of false starts but I'm prob gonna do a Neutral Evil Gnome Alchemist and then give up about 2 to 4 hours in and be paralyzed by choice forever more
    MirandelSkatan
    Two more days. I am officially hyped at this point. I thought I had grown too old and let down to be this giddy about a game.

I never learn.
    Skatan[Deleted User]bleusteelronaldo
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Looks like backers will get their game keys send on monday. In other news, backers who pledged for the OST addon tier (like me) can already download the soundtrack of Pathfinder: Kingmaker on their backer portal.

Love the tunes of it. Kind of reminds me of a blend between the anime Spice and Wolf and Drakensang's OST. It has a very strong european medieval fibe to it.
    [Deleted User]Skatanbleusteel
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    It's weird though, I visited their homepage yesterday and the release date wasn't announced there. (doublechecked now and it's still not there). The latest news is the announcement of the Beta 2 coming from like 4 months ago.
    edited September 2018
    It was mentioned on the forums, on kickstarter, on steam/gog and also the Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Feature Trailer [NA]. That being said the original release date was covered in the "We're on Steam now! Release planned for August" news thread, but was then postponed towards the 25th September.
    Skatan
    the Kickstarter keys are going out fyi
    Skatan
    OK so we "normal" buyers (just a plain old pre-order) get it tomorrow then, according to the thread above. Looking forward to this!
    I backed it but still can't get my steam key. Getting a weird bug when I try to choose platform it just refreshes the page.
    Well, apparently only the steam backers can preload... not the GOG ones. But all of us (whenever backers or buyers)
    need to wait until tomorrow to actually play it.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    REEEEEEEEE... LEASE IT ALREADY
    DJKajuru
    So I fixed the issue I was having and now have it preloaded.
    Skatan
    Preloading on steam finally working too.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I’ve only just gotten through creating my character (LG female ranger) and the introduction up to where you gain control of your char but I am verrry impressed! The game is really gorgeous and the voice acting is suitably camp :-)

What does everyone else think so far?
    sarevok57
    Still no macos version on gog. My pitchfork is getting nervous.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    iKrivetko said:

Still no macos version on gog. My pitchfork is getting nervous.

If it's like the Linux version, it'll be completely unplayable at this point.

No saves will load.

Music won't play, and lots of sounds are missing.

Any text put into the character name field is duplicated. I did eventually figure out I could alt-tab out of the game, type the name in another app, and copy/pasta it into the box. It still duped it, but since I had an even number of characters in the name, I could backspace out the dupe.

And that's just as far as I got before giving up. The game seems really promising, but man, did they even try this on Linux? I've sent in a log file to them, but if it doesn't get fixed fast, I might think about getting a refund.
    Kamigoroshi[Deleted User]
    I believe the mac version was beta tested and I don’t think I’ve seen any reports of things being that bad. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I backed this game early on but made the mistake of claiming my pledge using my Facebook account (which I deleted several weeks later). I worked with customer support early last month to try and get that squared away, and still won't be able to play on day one because of that mistake (still waiting for the fix the representative indicated would take place). The moral of the story is...never tie a product or login to a social media account that you may purge at some later point. 7 weeks, and counting, for that reset.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    On Steam, mac users are reporting the game not saving any settings, as well. At least they've said a fix is coming in ~8 hours and they're not leaving the office till it's done.
    Sorry to hear. This is why I game and work on a variety of platforms. Hopefully Owlcat gets everything ironed out quickly.
    EnialusMeliamne
    came home from work and started the DL, from GOG in my case. IT's slow though and I doubt I will get to play it today. I'll finish the DL but then installing and before then it will be late and I have to go to bed :(
    DJKajuru
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    'Downloading it from GoG , it might several hours to so it gives me time to think about a character s2

On Steam, mac users are reporting the game not saving any settings, as well. At least they've said a fix is coming in ~8 hours and they're not leaving the office till it's done.

They'd better. I think I've figured out where the office is!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Skatan said:

came home from work and started the DL, from GOG in my case. IT's slow though and I doubt I will get to play it today. I'll finish the DL but then installing and before then it will be late and I have to go to bed :(

DJKajuru said:

'Downloading it from GoG , it might several hours to so it gives me time to think about a character s2

why are the downloads being slow? is it a big game? or is it just too many people are trying to download it at once?
    sarevok57 said:

Skatan said:

DJKajuru said:

why are the downloads being slow? is it a big game? or is it just too many people are trying to download it at once?
    I think Steam said it was a 20G download. That’s pretty big, IMO.
    edited September 2018
    I played Pillars 2 and Divinity 2 recently. WRT Pillars 2, it's nice to play a game that is firmly in the goofy ass unbalanced spirit of 3rd Edition vs the spirit of an idealized carefully balanced 4th Edition. (I'm still QQ'ing that Psyblade got nerfed.) WRT Divinity 2, it's nice to play something waaaaay more lighthearted. I'm only a few hours in, but I get the feeling Kingmaker will fall somewhere in the middle of those two games. Probably apples and oranges idk since they're both not literally D&D but they have some common video game ancestor blood. It feels almost straight up a modern day Infinity Engine game, something that Pillars never quite delivered on, and Divinity surpassed.
    [Deleted User]
    also Kingmaker has like 24 different flavors of Sorcerer which is a funny example of what I'm saying with how it doesn't care how perfectly exactly balanced the classes are
    [Deleted User]
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Finally, i tested and i can be a sorc with SILVER draconic bloodline. No more restricted to just fire like nwn1/bg/iwdee/etc

Anyone knows if fly is working? And dragon form? I an just at lv 2 at moment(no much time to spend on this game)
    [Deleted User]