Skip to content

[mod] Cernd Friendship released

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
Heya! I thought I would also post the announcement here! Enjoy!

One of the things many find sorely lacking in the Bioware NPCs are the more complex relationships presented by modern NPC mods--especially in regards to "friendships," the relationships NPCs have with the PC when not romancing them. This mod adds a series of dialogues with calm, collected druid, Cernd.

The mod was written by Kaeloree, with additional writing by Lava Del'Vortel; project was also edited by Rhaella. Works on both EE and non-EE version of the game.

Forum
Download
ronaldoZaghoulRaduzielfluke13AedanlefreutMantis37CaszidyGusindaJuliusBorisovmegamike15IseweinFina92

Comments

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    congrats on the release, I'll definitely be checking it out soon when the 2.5 update hits next week :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Somebody liked Cernd enough to write a mod for him!?
    assgrass
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    What a lovely news. Cernd definitely deserves and needs more attention and banters. Thank you!
    ZaghoulFina92
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    ThacoBell - aaaand what is the mod was written to make the character more likeable? :P As Aedan said, Cernd surely needed some attention.
    Mantis37ThacoBellCaszidy
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    LiamEsler said:

Heh, Cernd was always one of my favourite NPCs

You are a strange, strange individual, my friend. :)

Also I cracked up at being asked to collaborate here, since I always used to rope you into writing Cernd banters for me whenever I could.
    LavaDelVortel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited June 2018
    was not expecting this. so we only really need one for Jaheira, Jan, Edwin, Anomen , Korgan, nalia, and keldorn. and everyone will have a friendship mod.

aerie already has one with wings thats why i left her out.
    Hah, you see, modding isn't dead yet! Anything can happen.
    Aedan
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I've always thought Cernd had one of the more compelling personal quests that gave him some depth and it was a crime to have his arc just cut off as abruptly as it did. I definitely need to try this one out.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited June 2018
    yeah this mod may make me actually consider using him for something besides his quest.

Hah, you see, modding isn't dead yet! Anything can happen.

i think of the ones i listed the ones that really need it is jan and korgan. as the others either already have a romance or are romance mods.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

I've always thought Cernd had one of the more compelling personal quests that gave him some depth and it was a crime to have his arc just cut off as abruptly as it did. I definitely need to try this one out.

Kinda fitting though. Have Cernd's quest just give up and wander away without any real resolution. Just like the man himself :smiley:
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Almateria's Restoration at least had Deril show up again. The first time I was surprised by him in the Council of Six building...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Major script-breaking bug: in the .tp2 file the compilation code for the .baf files is mistyped as EXTERND_TOP instead of EXTEND_TOP which causes the script to fall back on the COMPILE command above it, this causes the mod script to override the original script instead of adding to it. This is also the case with Korgan Friendship from what I've found.
    Updated
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Your writing really fits Cernd! Couldn't contain my curiosity and had a read through the files. I really like how you make his questionable decisions more relatable.
    Caszidy