Skip to content

Restore Purchase

Ok, so after Beamdog patched BG:EE up to 2.5.17 I decided to put the game on a new iPad. The game starts and runs but there is no “restore purchase” in the store section. Only a “buy” button. Anybody else have this issue?
WrongWriter

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! This is a bug, unfortunately. We're working on it - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38673
    WrongWriterlolien
  • chacu669chacu669 Member Posts: 6
    Ok thanks for the information
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • WrongWriterWrongWriter Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2018
    I am also experiencing this issue on ios 12 using iPad. Is there any update on when this may be fixed?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is a severe issue, which will be fixed in the next patch.
    WrongWriter
  • chacu669chacu669 Member Posts: 6
    Any idea when the next patch will be released?
    WrongWriter
  • oneoceanoneocean Member Posts: 5
    I’m also having this problem..
    If I buy Neera again will I get charged twice?
    edited November 2018
    Right now - yes (sorry). The patch 2.6 will fix the problem. There's no hard ETA on the patch, but it should be out this year.
    lolien
    Ok
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • VanillaredVanillared Member Posts: 1
    Looking forward to this patch. Bought the game and added content while on my phone not thinking I could not add it to my iPad later. This is a game changer for my recent buy.
    JuliusBorisovBlunderbuss
  • NiakharaNiakhara Member Posts: 2
    When will 2.6 be out? Cannot restore my purchases efter reinstall either.
    It's still TBD. But I hope the patch will be released in a month or 2.
    lolien
  • DeixterShawl33DeixterShawl33 Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2019
    I purchased Neera for Baldur’s Gate on my iPhone and when I looked at my iPad version of Baldur’s Gate it says buy not restore which is kinda annoying. ? Also I reinstalled Baldur’s Gate and it still doesn’t help fix it.
    I've been waiting 5 months to be able to use content I've already paid for. This is ridiculous. It's time to complain to Apple. This is bordering on fraud. 
    KloroxArneb
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    I only downloaded the game to my new phone yesterday, but this really should be a priority.
  • ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    An issue like that should be addressed with a hotfix, and shouldn’t be left lingering for more than a week top. Instead, this has been around at least five months.
    I always supported Beamdog and will continue to, but I have to say that they never have been as fast to address issues on the iOS version as they are on the pc one.
    Blunderbuss
    We're sorry it's not fixed. The 2.6 patch turned out to be not as quick as everyone in the company planned and wished. We're really sorry.
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    I still wait for the fix.
  • backdragonbackdragon Member Posts: 4
    I adore you guys and your products but I respectfully agree with the others above. It’s been 6 months+ And this bug has yet to be fixed. At the least, a hotfix patch could’ve been released for this one issue. This is a critical bug and because money is involved, could be trouble later. Please address this. It isn’t fair to those who’ve already paid. Thanks
    WrongWriterArnebBlunderbuss
  • BlunderbussBlunderbuss Member Posts: 6
    This is ridiculous. I got a new iPad in September, and one of the first things I did was to install BGEE with the goal of playing through the whole BG trilogy. Found that my purchases from years ago were not recognized, did a quick google search, and found this thread, where staff acknowledged it was “a severe issue” that was actively being addressed.

“Fine,” I said. These things sometimes happen. I want to do a thorough, complete playthrough, so I’ll keep checking and hold off until it’s fixed.

Fast forward NINE MONTHS, and there is still no fix? No update? No further word? I PAID for this years ago! I made an account on this website to FINALLY voice my frustration. I am incredulous. How is this acceptable??
    WrongWriter
    There is no excuse for this. Does anyone know how to demand a refund from Apple? Since we are not being provided the product we have paid for then we are due a refund.
    Update: I just went to my purchase history in iTunes to request a refund and Baldur's Gate:EE is no longer showing as purchased. I have to pay full price $9.99 to install it. My history confirms I have purchased the complete Baldur's Gate collection but still doesn't allow reinstall without paying again. I assume that also includes repurchasing the optional in-app items already paid for that this thread has been about for 9+ months. It just gets worse and worse. WTF?

nyez643gtdvl.jpeg
    w4m41aycvmbv.jpeg
    The fix for this issue depends on the 2.6 patch, and the patch is getting delayed. This is an unfortunate situation, and we're sorry.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • BlunderbussBlunderbuss Member Posts: 6
    After all of this time, I can’t help thinking that this issue would have been addressed more promptly if it had been losing Beamdog money, rather than making them money. This issue punishes only customers, as those that don’t know any better (or are tired of waiting, given the nine months since this thread started) simply buy the content again.

Beamdog only benefits from this scenario; why would they rush to fix it? If there was an equivalent “bug” where you could mistakenly download the content for free, I am certain that it would have been hotfixed within the week, if not the day.
    WrongWriter
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    So Beamdog have speculated in this?

A bold statement, but I dont think its a fair assumption. Beamdog has so far proven themselves commited on fixing the bugs and improving the game. Yes there have been set-backs and delays, but they are working on improving the game.

Giving monthly feedback on the forums questions and keeping this forum alive would surely not be the way a company with ill intent would behave.

Imo there is no evil intent, but agree that we have waited for a really long time, and I do hope that the update will be here shortly.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I think this is pretty bad. And I think Beamdog being unwilling to do simple bugfix patches is the issue here, which has hurt the game before. I remember how every patch not only fixed a good amount of bugs, but also introduced new features with new bugs.

That adding new features may also introduce a few bugs is unavoidable, but shows how important it is to have minor patches for severe issues like these. Having to wait 9 months for a game-breaking issue like this to be fixed on mobile is simply unacceptable and with decent customer rights would be grounds for a complete refund.

Take a look at the Pillars of Eternity patch history: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Version

This is a reasonable patch history. Major patches with new features and rebalancing, followed by minor patches to take care of pressing bugs.

Fact is that an issue like this should have higher priority than a new renderer for NWN:EE. There are good-faith customers not able to play the game they paid for. This can happen, but if it does it needs to be number 1 on the priority list to resolve. Even for a small studio like Beamdog.
    ArnebBlunderbussWrongWriter
  • ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    So Beamdog have speculated in this?

A bold statement, but I dont think its a fair assumption. Beamdog has so far proven themselves commited on fixing the bugs and improving the game. Yes there have been set-backs and delays, but they are working on improving the game.

Giving monthly feedback on the forums questions and keeping this forum alive would surely not be the way a company with ill intent would behave.

Imo there is no evil intent, but agree that we have waited for a really long time, and I do hope that the update will be here shortly.
    I agree to a certain degree: what I mean is that I have the impression that mobile/tablet users are somewhat treated as B-users. I can’t imagine the same happening on Steam, with pc players unable to access their in-app purchases for almost a year. On the other hand we are kept waiting forever, unable to access something we paid for. As I already said a few messages back, I always supported Beamdog and I see myself keep on buying their games even after this unpleasant event. But they are sending an awfully ugly message with this, because, from the outside, the problem doesn’t seem so complicated at all. I’m sure it is much more complex, but a little explanation about why they were unable to deal with it wouldn’t hurt. And no, “we need to wait for the next patch” is no explanation, FFS.
    Blunderbuss
    The issue isn't related to a platform - mobile in this case. It's related to a fact the fix requires a build, and a build can't be created. It's the same issue that is delaying the 2.6 patch (for ALL the platforms), and a fix for the Google Play issue regarding BGII:EE and IWD:EE. The patch cycle and NWN:EE development have nothing to do with this issue at all.
    StummvonBordwehr
    The quick and simple solution would be to issue refunds. Then those who want to can repurchase the game and add-ons.

I won't hold my breath.

• Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    edited June 2019
    Just an FYI, I recently re-downloaded BG on my iPad and saw the same thing, I had previously purchased all of the dlc and now it only had the option to “buy,” not restore purchases. I figured what the heck, I really like Neera in my party so I decided to see what happens if I attempted to purchase again (worst case scenario I’m out $3). Well as soon as I entered my password I received a notification from Apple telling me that I had already purchased this item and asked If I wanted to download for free. Nice. I did this for all of the DLC and received the same message as soon as I entered my iTunes password, all successfully installed. Nearly a week later I checked my cc statement and NO charges from iTunes. I can’t promise this will happen for everyone, but it looks like if you use the same iTunes account from previous purchases, Apple won’t charge you. Just something to try, it worked for me. If you get the notification from Apple that the download is free, you should be golden. Still would be nice to see a restore purchases button or something.

TL;DR- it appears iTunes does not charge you if you’ve already purchased the dlc previously.
    Post edited by Xerxes1811 on
    ArnebBlunderbussWrongWriter