Skip to content

Welcome to the NWN:EE Trello Board Discussion

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sure, I'll go through this stuff next week and see what can be done.
    Dark_Ansem
  • jdawg25zjdawg25z Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Does anyone know how to change your online display name name in game?

Edit: nevermind, i figured it out. You can change it in the nwn.ini
    Post edited by jdawg25z on
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

I would like to request the addition of a "disguise" armor property, which attached to the armor allows for quick and immediate change of appearance, reverting to the original one on unequip. Like KOTOR games do, in short.

https://trello.com/c/BLUHqudw/177-add-a-disguise-armor-property

I would also like to request two extra columns in racialtypes.2da: level adjustment and racial hit dice. if both not possible, I'd say that LA is likely the most important one. PRC does this via a significant workaround, which works but it is a bit clunky. Of course, it would work wonders with a higher level cap.

https://trello.com/c/0JUE5GU6/178-extra-columns-in-racialtypes2da

A different request of sorts: please allow the toolset to support ability scores lower than 3 and higher than 100, up to 255, as the engine should already allow.

Actually I would like to elaborate on this request; not just lower than 3 and including negative values, also for saving throws and AC. There are limits that the toolset can't go beyond.

I think HP is fine.

For monster abilities, caster level can only go up to 15, we can't set DC/attribute and there is still the issue of not being able to set unlimited uses of certain ones. Please a status update on these?
    https://trello.com/c/5p9OoPYn/179-add-support-for-ability-scores-lower-than-3-and-higher-than-100-also-for-saving-throws-and-ac

I would also like to request the possibility to attribute special bonuses to "item sets", as per certain PnP rules. Perhaps directly via the editor and/or 2da?

Example: "Mantle of the necromancer" grants you Animate dead 1/day. "Hood of the Necromancer" grants you +3 hide. However, if you use them together Animate dead is boosted to 3/day and the Hide bonus soars to +7. If you add "Robe of the necromancer" (+2 AC), the set is completed and "animate dead" is boosted to unlimited uses per day, AC bonus is boosted to +9 and hide bonus to +10.

https://trello.com/c/j3wFEoOS/180-make-possible-to-attribute-special-bonuses-to-item-sets

I have a question: are the AC mod types (dodge, natural etc) hardcoded? If so, could they please be unhardcoded?

https://trello.com/c/KwVRGRFu/181-unhardcode-ac-mod-types
    Dark_AnsemProont
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Thank you so much. None of these could be attached to existing cards?
    JuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited June 2018
    Is there any possible way that my request for Weapon Masters having Unarmed Strike as an optional weapon of choice be attached to an existing card? I had submitted a bug report regarding this issue, but thanks to a Mr. Andrew Gauthier that report had been closed as a feature request. Let me clarify that this is not a feature. This has been an ongoing issue since the original release of the Hordes of the Underdark Expansion. The developers at BioWare went on public record stating that allowing Unarmed Strike to count towards meeting the requirements of the Weapon Master prestige class wasn't possible due to a game engine limitation. I'm not requesting a feature, but a correction to a flaw in the core game engine design.

The rules even state that a Monk may freely take levels in that prestige class while still remaining a Monk. It may also add the Weapon Master's full attack bonus to its unarmed attack bonus with the -3 iterative attack penalty. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    pscytheJuliusBorisovDerpCityProont
    @Prince_Raymond Thanks for the feedback. We'll re-open that issue as a bug.
    pscythePrince_Raymond
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you, sir. Let me add that I have been fully aware of the issue that has been infamously dubbed "The Monk Exploit". I could already see how a Monk/Weapon Master focused in Unarmed Strike would be abused by munchkins to the fullest. That is why I will go on public record, as I have on the old BioWare forums, by stating that I will gladly take not having this exploit within the game if it means I can finally play a legitimate Monk/Unarmed Strike focused Weapon Master build. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
  • D3V11_D3V11_ Member Posts: 69
    I noticed that true strike got changed from verbal only to verbal and somatic, but when this was changed you cannot cast the spell as a still spell... i think this is a bug? is this a bug? or is it supposed to be such?
    oh ya and another thing i noticed, the shadows cast by a character dose not have a head if the character is wearing a helmet, i mean if your character is wearing a helmet the shadow cast by your character is missing the head... shadow head. I can post a screen shot if it helps but it is easily reproduced.
    @D3V11_

Please, submit these 2 issues at support.baldursgate.com so that they could be triaged first.

@D3V11_

Please, submit these 2 issues at support.baldursgate.com so that they could be triaged first.

Done! thank you for the link, was'int sure where to post bugs.
    JuliusBorisov
    @JuliusBorisov Just out of curiosity, how many votes does it take for a card to be moved from the Input Board to the Roadmap Board?
    edited June 2018

@JuliusBorisov Just out of curiosity, how many votes does it take for a card to be moved from the Input Board to the Roadmap Board?

I don't know. It all depends on the developing team.

"We aim to be conservative in what we are putting on our roadmap, but there are no guarantees of features getting implemented. "

https://trello.com/c/RyDqBTCF/6-what-can-you-expect-from-this-board
    Prince_Raymond
    I understand. Thank you for responding, Mr. Borisov.
    JuliusBorisov
    There have been a few changes on the Roadmap, check them out!

New topics for the community to discuss will come in a bit!
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Can we keep in mind, people with seizure disorders like myself, with lighting effects please guys when going into this area. I dont want to stop play a great game bc every time it starts to thunderstorm im go into a seizure like in Ark survival. BG and BG2 Lighting was fine but the newer graphics today are a real threat to people like me.
    Prince_Raymond[Deleted User]Taro94Proont
    The true strike spell is not still spell-able, it dose not appear on the still spell list. I think this is a result of adding the somatic component to the spell, perhaps? I have posted this on the bug forum and was told to bring it up here for people to discuss and vote on.

True strike should be able to be cast using still spell if it has a somatic component. what dose everyone else think?
    Taro94Prince_Raymond
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2018
    D3V11_ said:

The true strike spell is not still spell-able, it dose not appear on the still spell list. I think this is a result of adding the somatic component to the spell, perhaps? I have posted this on the bug forum and was told to bring it up here for people to discuss and vote on.

True strike should be able to be cast using still spell if it has a somatic component. what dose everyone else think?

This isn't really the right place for a discussion, the general board would be a better place, probably in it's own thread.

But to answer your question, the spell doesn't actually have a somatic component to it and you can cast it perfectly fine in fullplate with a tower shield without spell failure. The description is simply wrong where it states that the spell has a somatic component. (there's a reasonable number of wrong in game descriptions or misleading ones). I believe it didn't even have one in PnP, which makes me think it was edited out last minute by bioware back in the day and the description was forgotten about.

You might actually have an easier time talking people into getting them to fix up the description then changing the description + requiring the script to be updated to include a somatic component and be added to still spell meta-magic feat.

Hope this helps though !
    JuliusBorisovricoyungProont
    tfox said:

D3V11_ said:

This isn't really the right place for a discussion, the general board would be a better place, probably in it's own thread.

But to answer your question, the spell doesn't actually have a somatic component to it and you can cast it perfectly fine in fullplate with a tower shield without spell failure. The description is simply wrong where it states that the spell has a somatic component. (there's a reasonable number of wrong in game descriptions or misleading ones). I believe it didn't even have one in PnP, which makes me think it was edited out last minute by bioware back in the day and the description was forgotten about.

You might actually have an easier time talking people into getting them to fix up the description then changing the description + requiring the script to be updated to include a somatic component and be added to still spell meta-magic feat.

Hope this helps though !
    Thank you for the clarification, yes, I have just tested this and can confirm that is the case, it is mislabelled. I will remember to post such topics in general board next time.
    tfoxJuliusBorisov
    edited October 2018
    Request: "AFAIK the Beam ones still can’t be altered, though. I don’t know about the MIRV/projectile ones like the magic missile, either." A useful piece of Insight by @TheBarbarian.

@JuliusBorisov trello card time? to unlock these kind of VFX?
    Post edited by Dark_Ansem on
    JuliusBorisovProont

Request: "AFAIK the Beam ones still can’t be altered, though. I don’t know about the MIRV/projectile ones like the magic missile, either." A useful piece of Insight by @TheBarbarian.

@Dark_Ansem From where is it? Can I get more context/feedback?
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207

I want to say he is talking about the p2p type emitters. I think you cannot use p2p emitters on placeables right now. Other than that I'm not really sure.

What feedback is required?
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    @JuliusBorisov
    They are talking about ProgFx
    LINK
    JuliusBorisov
    The Input board now includes a category for mobile requests: NWN:EE on Mobile. There're 30 requests so far. Please vote on the features you want to see, and if you have additional suggestions, share them in this thread.
  • GrimzahnGrimzahn Member Posts: 3
    Most recent post is from a year ago. No progress on 64bit. Looks like this project is dead. Is that true?
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Nope, the 64bit version is in the released dev build for instance.
    TarotRedhand
    edited November 2019
    Grimzahn wrote: »
    Most recent post is from a year ago. No progress on 64bit. Looks like this project is dead. Is that true?

Hey! We're not dead. The renderer work turned out to be MUCH more difficult and complex than we had imagined. The 64bit version and a few stability fixes are including into the dev build (beta). The dev build also adds achievements on Steam. In July, 2019 we released a major update for mobile which implemented a lot of that user feedback from the Trello.

At the moment, we're 101% on getting NWN:EE released on console. Once that is done, and we're sure the console build is working alright, we'll bring the new renderer onto PC and mobile.
    StummvonBordwehr1130210Crusism
  • jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
    Since this has turned into a wish list sort of thingy and since I was talking to someone today about what Beamdog are going to concentrate on now that the new renderer is no more, a short wish list of things I would suggest below.

I’d love moving lips to be able to use the lip synch they’re talking about on the Vault forums for NWN2. Having played them recently, I was really taken by the use of it in general but also in cutscenes in the Witcher games. (We are also needing the ability to vary how dialogue appears. I liked the cutscenes with answer options, in larger text, along the bottom of the screen.

I’d love somebody to get a hold of the Gestalt Cutscene system and bring it up to date, making it a little easier and more flexible. Maybe, with lip synch, allow a setting where the camera moves to an extreme c/up of the speaker, linked to when they speak their lines.

I’d love us to be able to combine combat moves like in Witcher 1( I’m not coming from a D+D background). I do find the 6 seconds a little old fashioned ( doesn’t make me a bad person. …) :grinning: The Witcher method is a good half way house based on skill.

I’d love them now to ask the community which half dozen mods we’d like them to parcel into the toolset ( as well as the Witcher/Zwerk’s facelifts and a couple more)

I’d love them to incorporate a more up to date version of Script Generator as part of the toolset.

I’d like them to make moving boats easier.

Flying !! There, I’ve said it. Can it be any harder than getting swimming going? WOW is still managing to leverage flying as a way of getting folks to grind for countless hours in order to get it.

Whew . . . . .