The famous weidu ACTION_READLN function is the evilest thing when it comes to dealing with any kind of mod installation, regardless if it's done manually, via the weidu command line or by 3rd-party install tool. Lucky, some modders already declared the will to remove ACTION_READLN like AstroBryGuy for BG1NPC.
What is wrong with ACTION_READLN?
Let me demonstrate an example: Mod: Worldmap, currently as TOP1 at SHS downloads
What is the problem? The player can't choose those two choices which mod provides:Original Travel Times and Area Visibility / Revised Travel Times and Area VisibilityLarge Worldmap 4900x3500 / Huge Worldmap 8000x4600
This lead to:
- impossible to present ACTION_READLN choices (input and description) for GUI
- the installation will be paused and wait for manual user input
- impossible to save such mod configuration so every installation, user need to repeat providing manual input
- player choices are also not included inside the weidu installation log so debug information is lost
- impossible to use weidu LABEL and other functions
- player complains: "I cannot select/save Worldmap mod choices and the installation is paused!"
Calling "Rise Dead" for selected Modders who have used ACTION_READLN:@Tash @Wisp @Pecca@argent77@jastey @berelinde @Ulb @LavaDelVortel
If you are interested in how to remove ACTION_READLN from your mods In order to not duplicate discussion, please go to https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29708-action_readln-replacement-examples/
, read proposed solutions and if possible, provide feedback. Please keep in mind that none of the proposed solutions are "BWS-Exclusive" etc
If you don't have an account at G3, you can provide feedback here.