Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    This mod needs to be slightly updated to allow the "Advance Weapon Proficiency" to add more than one "+" to a skill at first level creation.

At the moment, if you choose add proficiency "+" to the same weapon/skill, it still defaults back to one "+" and you lose one of the innate choices.

It should either allow one "+" and then remove the skill from the menu, or allow "++" and then remove the skill.
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2018
    The actual version of npc-eet has installation problems with one component in S&B - can't remeber wich - and sometimes this version produces string errors in the weapon selection of a changed class.
    Not everytime, not every install. But using the version before

NPC_EE v3.1
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/NPC_EE/releases/tag/3.1

and not

NPC_EE v3.3
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/NPC_EE/releases/tag/3.3

everythings fine.

It looks like a string error when selecting a weapon profiencies. You can uninstall the newer version, delete it from the folder, copy the older one and install it with the same options without starting a new game.

(Posted befor in another discussion - my fault)

Links edited
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    erianne said:

T
    NPC_EE v3.1

and not

NPC_EE v3.3

everythings fine.

It looks like a string error when selecting a weapon profiencies. You can uninstall the newer version, delete it from the folder, copy the older one and install it with the same options without starting a new game.

Links edited

Just making sure I understand this before I do it. I'm currently running 3.3 and it has the install errors when I try to add or remove options. I need to do the following:
    1. Uninstall 3.3
    2. Delete the 3.3 folder out of the directory where the mods are installed
    3. install 3.1, and choose the options.
    4. I will then be able to load up one of my previously saved games and it should work.

I'm not an expert which is why I'm just trying to be sure before I go deleting things I may need. Thanks.
    erianne said:

T
    NPC_EE v3.1

and not

NPC_EE v3.3

everythings fine.

Links edited

Just making sure I understand this before I do it. I'm currently running 3.3 and it has the install errors when I try to add or remove options. I need to do the following:
    1. Uninstall 3.3
    4. I will then be able to load up one of my previously saved games and it should work.

I'm not an expert which is why I'm just trying to be sure before I go deleting things I may need. Thanks.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

erianne said:

T
    NPC_EE v3.1

If you copy the files that you think that you may need again onto a USB stick, you can then delete them from your hard drive with no worries. I think however that you have it right.
    If you copy the files that you think that you may need again onto a USB stick, you can then delete them from your hard drive with no worries. I think however that you have it right.

Ok. That said, space isn't a big concern for me. When I started fooling around with EET and Mods in general I moved all my BG stuff to a dedicated 1TB drive for it. So instead of moving the old 3.3 folder to a USB Stick would it be any different if I just renamed the folder to something I will recognize and put it someplace else on the drive so that if I have to put it back for some reason I can just move it back? I just am not sure if I move the Mod folder for 3.3 and then have to move it back if that would goof up anything if I had to revert back to it for some reason. Thanks.
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13

erianne said:

T
    NPC_EE v3.1

and not

NPC_EE v3.3

everythings fine.

Links edited

1. Uninstall 3.3

Sure. You don‘t need to delete the old folder npc_ee. You could rename it, move it. Just be sure to uninstall all changes before. And you don‘t need to delete setup-npc_ee.exe.
    Only be sure, not to copy the older version over the newer one - maybe there could be files, that has influence for the installation and are not overwritten.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thank you for updating this. It's a wonderful compliment for companions.
  • SteelReserveSteelReserve Member Posts: 10
    Is there any way to get this mod to work with dialogue based spell selecting mods like Shadowmagic?
    I can select spells and learn them, but my secondary character (Imoen in this case) doesn't receive any of the spell memorization slots necessary to actually use the spells. It's a weird issue. I read there was a similar issue with the Slayer Spell Selection component of Tome and Blood so I figured it was a similar issue.

Is there a way to add spell memorization slots with NearInfinity or EEKeeper? I googled like crazy trying to find a guide to do so but couldn't find one.

Thanks for the help and super quick response!
    edited August 2018
    I will take some pictures and post to further explain shortly and edit into this post.

Sorry if my description wasn't good, let me try again. I figured you would know more about the mod as you commented about the mod several times including balance suggestions on the page. I'm talking about the mod [v1.9.25] Shadow Magic https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64991/v1-9-15-shadow-magic.

Shadow Magic gives you access to several new kits: ShadowAdept (Mage), ShadowMonk (Monk), and Nightblade (Bard, Mage/Thief). When you choose the kit, a dialogue comes up that lets you select which spell you want to learn for level 1. It is almost identical to Might and Guile's weapon proficiency selection dialogue, except for spells for these kits.

These selections work, and you can learn the spells. They go into your spell book. However, there are no slots open to actually memorize the spell to actually use them in the game. The spell slots for memorization open and work for Charname, but if you try and put any of the kits onto an NPC with NPC_EE there are no usable spell memorization slots. ((If you look in the spellbook, the spells will be available and learned on the left page, but the right page is completely blank and you cannot memorize the spells to learn them)).

I read reports of a similar issue with Tome & Blood's 'Slayer Spell Selection' overhaul in which spells are gifted to the character through text in a similar manner but again no memorization slots open.

I try to read as many forum posts as I can and solve these issues myself if I can before commenting on pages, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question/issue! Again, I really love your mods, I use a ton of them (M+G, F+P, Scales, your fork of Tomb and Blood, and more I'm sure I'm forgetting). Thanks for even trying to help me, and thanks for make BG rad as hell! ((Especially so for Scales, which makes BG into D&D for me!!!)).
    Option 2 worked for me!!! Holy crap I was going insane thank you so much!!! I am super appreciative!
    edited August 2018
    Quick question... do you know why some classes appear twice for the choosing when I select this innate ability? For instance, I see two instances of the exact, identical class one on top of the other when deciding to choose one. As a small experiment, I selected one and then reloaded to select the other.

There did not seem to be any difference in the level up procedure.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

UOLegacy said:

Quick question... do you know why some classes appear twice for the choosing when I select this innate ability?

If you have certain mods installed (Faiths & Powers, Deities of Faerun), then there are single-class and multiclass variants of some kits. The scripts here see them as separate kits and sometimes offer both. With Faiths & Powers, generally, the first duplicate is the single-class and the second duplicate is the multiclass. I think.
    I've been wondering the same thing.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @subtledoctor I figure you are aware of this but just though I would mention it to others as I use the mod so often to change an NPC's kit (who am I kidding, alot :) ). If one has the max summons of 5 at the time the ability button to change classes is activated, it will not activate and the the ability to change is lost (says max creatures summoned). Now that is V3.0 that I am running so maybe something has changed, just thought it worthy of mention if not already. Great mod.
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    Since Might and Guile introduced 3e bards as thief kits, perhaps there should be an option for Imoen to be a thief?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523

Since Might and Guile introduced 3e bards as thief kits, perhaps there should be an option for Imoen to be a thief?

Seconded. It could fit, lorewise.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    I read Rogue iso Thief. Imoen as a Bard would be in-line with her character.
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2018
    My point was to add an option to make Imoen a pure thief (sans mage) in bg2ee as a means to give her a MaG Bard kit.

Edit: Ooooooops - nevermind, I see the new 3.5 release notes...