Skip to content

What Was Your Weirdest Baldur's Gate Run Ever?

It can be in terms of roleplaying, party makeup, mods, or anything you like. What's the weirdest run you've ever played in Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale?
ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrGusindaGoturalgorgonzolaAnduinJuliusBorisov

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    probably my most weird was a sorcerer solo run of bg2 with tactics mod and like 5 quest mods added.
    really hard at the beginning, but he was a god way before completing chapter 2, casting lev 9 spells.
    then he begun to feel lonely and wanted some companions, so he recruited a full party, that was so under leveled compared to him that he had to constantly babysit them. so he brought them to WK, that was already cleared with only the final boss left and they engaged an epic battle in which they avoided to damage the prince of demons and focused only in killing the ever spawning demon helpers.
    the battle lasted hours of real time, and as the sorcerer could cast wish there was no problem of fatigue and they had plenty of spells to protect themselves (was a 6 casters party). at the end when finally they killed demogorgon all the party was over 6M xp with hla and the rest. and they was still in chap 2.
    the underdark was really easy, the bodhi lair was cleared by the cleric that turned all the undeads in no time and the hell tactics battle, that usually is quite hard was really easy. the party never went beyond the initial part of ToB as there was no challenge left, they could easily dominate every enemy and boss left.
    GoturalJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellGusindagorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,338
    BWS:
    You end up with a whole bunch of great mods - and some weird stuff as well.

I played a paladin at that time and usually teamed up with Imoen.

I remember one run when we brougt Bruce the cockney barfigther and Goo the floating eyeball along.

We played Cloakwood squares and did the “check the bodies” megamod (the company of eight was great fun).

Dipping in to the Imoen romance mod (which is pretty good) topped it off.

It was pretty weird...
    GusindaJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I once played a gnome necromancer.
    GusindaThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Not sure if this qualifies as it was a bug (a bug? an effing great cockroach landed in my game) that happened and I did write about it here.

Was running through BG2, two person party, Charname and Edwin.
    Something went wrong when I leveled up just towards the end of the Underdark, charname ended up with approx 20 HP, Edwin with 6000 HP.

OK that was fine, but romance, had to get through dealing with Bodhi as a solo 25hp or so charname.

Only thing I didn't manage to do was deal with Demagorgon.
    Tried a few times but couldn't keep charname alive.
    But by that time was so pig sick of WK I didn't care, the randomised maze, for some reason, had kicked in and I got lost......a lot.
    (Drew maps on a bit of paper and everything, still wandered around for what seemed like years)
    And don't even talk about just how many reloads....got to be some kind of record....even for me.
    Also, SCS, you lose the ability to summon more than 1 planateer (not all together of course, but another when one dies)

By the end of SofA the install was so broken had to delete the whole thing then rebuy the game from Steam (didn't want the new versions).

So there's a silver lining somewhere, Beamdog got some more money.
    gorgonzolaThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Anduin said:

Just once?
    Anduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    ThacoBell said:

Anduin said:

Just once?
    Actually, I have had a bad case of restartitus after finishing... Plus you need to do it again each time there is an update...
    ThacoBell