Skip to content

[v2.8] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Artemius_I said:@helo138

Never ever put files directly in the override folder. Mods need WeiDU to compile custom text strings into the dialog.tlk file, or else you’re just going to end up with gibberish in game.

Sadly if you want some non-weidu mods there is no other answer. Imoen as conjurer being a case in point.
    However, to get around the problem that you mention, I rename the files supplied and then use EE Keeper to make the changes that I want, copying and pasting the relevant parts.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Don't make mods that don't use WeiDU :persevere:
    ThacoBellRaduziel

Don't make mods that don't use WeiDU :persevere:

I agree. The one I mentioned is a VERY old mod, pre-EE but still works. It isn't supported nowadays but I do find it helpful in editing various NPCs.
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2018
    Hey, I've been enjoying your mod so far but have ran into a bit of an issue in SOD.

Shortly after recruiting Sirene in SOD she will only take 4-5 steps then cancel moving, I've tried to find a solution but turning AI off doesn't do anything.

I'm playing a quite a heavily modded setup (BG:EET with BWS) but this is the first issue I've came across.

I don't suppose you have any idea what could be causing this?

Also worth noting that her custom class doesn't seem to have been installed (she is a default Paladin) this hasn't caused any problems during BG1 other than storyline/consistency (her being able to wield a crossbow.)
    Post edited by jobby on
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited August 2018
    jobby said:

Also worth noting that her custom class doesn't seem to have been installed (she is a default Paladin) this hasn't caused any problems during BG1 other than storyline/consistency (her being able to wield a crossbow.)

This was a bug in EET custom kit importation, now fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

If you still have save file BEFORE you've entered the area where you meet Sirene (the one with Temple) then you can fix it by installing this hotfix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhxm9k6478lwjsh/fixSirene.zip?dl=1

Shortly after recruiting Sirene in SOD she will only take 4-5 steps then cancel moving, I've tried to find a solution but turning AI off doesn't do anything.

I'm playing a quite a heavily modded setup (BG:EET with BWS) but this is the first issue I've came across.

I don't suppose you have any idea what could be causing this?

I have currently a clean EET installation with just Sirene. If you upload save file made right before this problem started I can check if it can be reproduced. (if you don't have such save please upload latest one)
    jobby
    swit said:

This was a bug in EET custom kit importation, now fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

If you still have save file BEFORE you've entered the area where you meet Sirene (the one with Temple) then you can fix it by installing this hotfix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhxm9k6478lwjsh/fixSirene.zip?dl=1

As in before meeting her at the Temple of the Morninglord next to Beregost? I'd rather not start BG1 again after making it to SOD, does her character file reset in SOD before I meet her in the Iron Throne building? If not is it possible to install the hotfix then apply the new class to her character in EEKeeper?
    swit said:

I have currently a clean EET installation with just Sirene. If you upload save file made right before this problem started I can check if it can be reproduced. (if you don't have such save please upload latest one)

I have attached 3 savefiles:
    • 1 just before the problem starts (quicksave);
    • 1 just before recruiting her (Sirene Recruited); and
    • 1 before entering the Iron Throne Building (Murdered).
    Thanks for your help with this :smile:
    edited August 2018
    As in before meeting her at the Temple of the Morninglord next to Beregost? I'd rather not start BG1 again after making it to SOD, does her character file reset in SOD before I meet her in the Iron Throne building? If not is it possible to install the hotfix then apply the new class to her character in EEKeeper?
    Her kit is already correctly imported. Just not assigned to her. So yes, it should be possible to assign the kit (C0ILM) via EE keeper if it offers such functionality. Although keep in mind that the missing kit spells will be likely added after next time you level up, not immediately after making kit change.

does her character file reset in SOD before I meet her in the Iron Throne building?

no

------------
    after spending about 20 minutes playing with your quick save I wasn't able to reproduce it. Which means it doesn't seems to be related to either EET or Sirene and sounds more like a conflict with some other mod. There is a tool that can help with figuring out what script block is constantly executed which allows to track issues like this but it's on SHS, which is currently offline.

Just to be sure please upload also a save where this issue already started.

edit: just to be sure - you do have EET_end component installed at the end, right? If no install it right away.
    Post edited by swit on
    Arthas
    That's very strange, I just loaded the quicksave and the issue started immediately. re-saved it and attached but if you can't re-create it there must be something else going on as you suggested.
    The stuttering is likely caused by poor scripting on my part causing the SoD-style banters to get stuck. I've updated the script on all three of my SoD NPC mods to hopefully fix it for good this time.

v2.5
    • Updated SoD banter script to hopefully eliminate cases of stuttering
    edited August 2018
    @Artemius_I, I've requested jobby to post his weidu.log via PM but can't really tell which version of Sirene he has installed. May be a good idea to add VERSION weidu line into your tp2 files, so that the mod version is always printed in weidu.log.

If he is using Sirene older than v2.4.1, in which banters have been improved, then that would explain why I can't reproduce the issue in my game. The problem itself that jobby has is with Sirene <-> Safana SoD style banter starting with "Don't take it the wrong way, darling" (likely already fixed in v2.4.1)

edit: If someone is still using a version of Sirene older then v2.4.1 the problematic SoD banters can be disabled with this code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zr7kutqowsyf6a/sireneBanterFix.zip?dl=1
    Post edited by swit on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2018

Fighter/Cleric alternate class removed

Looks like I need to update DoF as well.

Too bad. :/

Edit: Deactivated Sirene's component in DoF just in case you decide to come back with the F/C option.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    From the portrait it looks like Sirene is meant to be a Champion of Ilmater but sadly the makers of the Faith and Powers mod have decided that Paladins of Ilmater should be zealots and thus cannot have heavy armour. :( Can I suggest that you either make your own kit that is compatible with that mod or liaise with the writers of that mod so that you are both singing from the same hymn sheet.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Wise_Grimwald Does FnP effect her class? I don't think I've experienced that in my runs.
    ThacoBell said:

@Wise_Grimwald Does FnP effect her class? I don't think I've experienced that in my runs.

I was expecting that it would, but it doesn't. she's a standard Paladin. Of course if I chose to give her a kit, it would change her considerably. Whilst I like most of the Fn'P kits, I don't like the zealots at all as it changes them completely in ways that I don't like.
    If I were installing today I would only install the cleric kits and not the paladin kits.

ThacoBell said:

I was expecting that it would, but it doesn't. she's a standard Paladin. Of course if I chose to give her a kit, it would change her considerably. Whilst I like most of the Fn'P kits, I don't like the zealots at all as it changes them completely in ways that I don't like.
    If I were installing today I would only install the cleric kits and not the paladin kits.
    She should still have her Martyr kit.
    edited August 2018
    ThacoBell said:

ThacoBell said:

She should still have her Martyr kit.
    That might be my fault and is now rectified. :)
    ThacoBell
    swit said:

@Artemius_I, I've requested jobby to post his weidu.log via PM but can't really tell which version of Sirene he has installed. May be a good idea to add VERSION weidu line into your tp2 files, so that the mod version is always printed in weidu.log.

If he is using Sirene older than v2.4.1, in which banters have been improved, then that would explain why I can't reproduce the issue in my game. The problem itself that jobby has is with Sirene <-> Safana SoD style banter starting with "Don't take it the wrong way, darling" (likely already fixed in v2.4.1)

edit: If someone is still using a version of Sirene older then v2.4.1 the problematic SoD banters can be disabled with this code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zr7kutqowsyf6a/sireneBanterFix.zip?dl=1

Does anyone know if I can install the updated Sirene to an EET game in progress? Or will that cause all sorts of fun dialogue issues? unfortunately the fix provided by @swit didnt work for me :'(
    edited August 2018
    yes, you can, if you still have your BG:EE installation, where the mod has been installed. (unfortunately the mod doesn't have native compatibility, so it's imported with BG:EE resources during EET installation)
    1. Make a backup copy of you EET installation (in case something goes wrong)
    2. Re-install Sirene on BG:EE using latest files.
    3. Re-install EET (after doing so all mods installed later should be re-installed automatically, no need to do it manually)

This is of course a bit risky since weidu sometimes has problems when re-installing tons of mods at once, hence the backup.

Alternatively play without Sirene during SoD, where she is bugged. Don't know how to help if the fix I've posted is not enough to fix it. I don't even know what version of Sirene you're using since Artemis forgot to add VERSION weidu command to tp2, so it's not printed in weidu.log. Unfortunately I no longer have the installation with Sirene to help further with this problem.
    Wise_Grimwald
    I'm having an odd issue with Sirene, but I suspect its a mod incompatibility. Sirene can't equip any armor heavier than studded leather. If anyone else is having this issue, do you use the "Faiths and Powers" mod? I've never had this problem before, so something has changed since the update to 2.5
    @ThacoBell

I don't use Faiths and Power and, honestly, have absolutely no clue how it works in regards to how it modifies usability in general, sorry. If there's an issue between the mods because of the Martyr kit I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask.
    @Artemius_I I figured if someone else was having the same issue, this would be the most likely place to post. I only suspect it might FnP, but I', not sure. Posted in that thread as well.
    @ThacoBell I believe that it is FnP which is the problem. The Paladin kit for a follower of Ilmater in FnP is a Zealot of Ilmater. I have mentioned it in this thread earlier. The answer is to go into EE Keeper and make her a Martyr which is not a FnP kit. That kit allows the use of heavy armour which the zealot kit does not.

I hope that answers your query and also allows you to play the game in the way that you want. I personally don't like the changes that FnP makes to paladins though I am sure that some will like them.

The zealot of Ilmater kit does give some compensations for not allowing the use of heavy armour.
    @Wise_Grimwald The odd thing is, Sirene is still marked as a "Martyr". Not a zealot. She also isn't getting the zealot's rage ability, just the armor restriction. This has never happended on my previous installs, and I've been using Sirene and FnP together for some time. I'm think its more to do with something in 2.5 altering the code just enough that how these mods interact has now changed slightly.
    Could be. I haven't got 2.5. In my install she changed into a plain paladin with no kit. When I made her a zealot with EE Keeper that stopped her using heavy armour as you would expect. I didn't investigate further but made her a Martyr and then she could use heavy armour. Note that you have to change the kit in more than one place!
    @Artemius_I Its looking like the bug I'm experiencing isn't ties to FnP. We spent several days looking over different options and nothing that looks like the cause has shown itself. Is it possible that something in 2.5 has messed up something in the mod files? Sirene can't use any armor heavier than studded leather, and even giving her "Use Any Item" in EEKeeper isn't fixing it.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    edited October 2018
    I have come across my own strange bug, this is playing Siege of Dragonspear, I do have a bunch of mods installed, so its possible something I've done in installation has caused problems, but here's the issue anyway.

Sirene mostly won't respond to commands, if I tell her to move she'll move maybe 3 steps and then stop. I don't think it affects her ability to engage in combat or perform actions but it is very annoying and does not appear to be affecting anyone else.

I will check if this affects the main BGEE campaign under the current installation. Be grateful for any help.

*edit* Its possible I installed the 2.4.1 version of the mod and not the newest version so I'll install that and see if that was the problem.

Yeah I reinstalled everything with the 2.5 version of the mod, seems to have fixed it.
    Post edited by hybridial on
  • Johan_JJohan_J Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    Hello, I seem to have a case of stuttering with Sirene: I'm in SoD, I arrived at Troll Claw Woods and everything was going fine 'til I recruited Jaheira and she and Sirene had a banter about Sirene's cloak. Jaheira gets a new cloak for Sirene and soon after that Sirene started to stutter and stop walking every 3 steps or so...
    I do have the latest version installed and I also have a few other mods (not many though).

Is there any way I can fix this? Currently the only way I've found is to kick Jaheira out of the party which is...not ideal, as I was hoping to complete the game with her. If there's no other way, then I'll cave in and take someone else in her place.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback.
    Post edited by Johan_J on
    @Johan_J Finally figured out the issue and got around to fixing it. I'm not sure if it's of much help to you now given how late it is, but it's resolved now. I apologize for the lateness.

New portrait: https://www.deviantart.com/lodaligae/art/Sirene-761378587
    Johan_JThacoBell
  • Johan_JJohan_J Member Posts: 3
    @Artemius_I

Thank you! Don't worry about being late, it hasn't been that long; besides, I decided to halt that playthrough for a while in the hopes of a fix and started another (for once, suffering from alt-itis is an advantage xD) so it's all good, thank you again for your help! ^_^

Also, I'd like to express my appreciation for your mod, it's really well written and all around well done :)
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Whiteknight75Whiteknight75 Member Posts: 13
    I keep getting an error when I install this mod, says please run this program in your Infinity engine game Directory, fatal error :Failure ( Not a game Directory )