Skip to content

Cult of the eyeless door bug

nikolifishnikolifish Member Posts: 8
edited August 2020 in Troubleshooting
Android user here. I just finished killing the beholder at the end of the cult of the eyeless chain. I walked up the stairs to exit but the door is locked and won't open.

I searched for answers but most people just say jiggle the door or wait. Neither work. Now I'm stuck because you can't exit the way you came in

What can I do

Edit by Tresset:

If you need help fixing this problem please upload your save file here and I will look at it. MAKE SURE TO TAG ME BY TYPING @Tresset SO THAT I WILL KNOW ABOUT YOU!!!

If you have access to the console, this issue can be fixed by entering the following code (you can copy/paste it directly into your game):

C:SetGlobal("OpenSecretDoor","AR0202",1)
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• nikolifishnikolifish Member Posts: 8
    Zipped contents of save attached
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question but did you make sure to use the rift device to kill the beholder? The 'completion' of that area is to assemble both halves of the rift device and use it to kill the last beholder, thus depleting the device.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Some invisible/illusion doors can take forever to reveal especially for low intelligence characters, detect illusion if you can. If it is revealed you have to have the complete rift device to open the door.
    dunbar said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but did you make sure to use the rift device to kill the beholder? The 'completion' of that area is to assemble both halves of the rift device and use it to kill the last beholder, thus depleting the device.

I did use the Rift Device to kill the beholder but thank you.

Some invisible/illusion doors can take forever to reveal especially for low intelligence characters, detect illusion if you can. If it is revealed you have to have the complete rift device to open the door.

The door is revealed, but it won't unlock. I read that it is supposed to open on its own when you approach it but it isn't doing that. As I told dunbar, I did complete and use the rift device
    If the doorway is highlighted purple and you have the rift device in your inventory, then it must be some sort of bug.

If the doorway is highlighted purple and you have the rift device in your inventory, then it must be some sort of bug.

Agreed. Screenshots attached in case anyone is wondering
    Rift device
    Yep, seems like a bug.
    Is the device in your nik character’s inventory? Could be that the device needs to be held by someone next to the door. I don’t know, just throwing stuff out there. Let us know though if you figure it out, we may have to deal with the same thing one day.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Activate the console and Ctrl+J to teleport your party.
    ElysianEchoes

Yep, seems like a bug.
    Is the device in your nik character’s inventory? Could be that the device needs to be held by someone next to the door. I don’t know, just throwing stuff out there. Let us know though if you figure it out, we may have to deal with the same thing one day.

Haha I appreciate it. I thought the same thing. I moved the device to each character and tried.

I also tried dropping it on the ground, dropping it in the room where the other half was hidden, casting knock on the door, resting, reloading, giving the item to a party member then dropping them and reading them, turning party ai on and hoping they figure it out, and casting random spells at the door. I wish I had dimension door or something to try to teleport to the other side

Activate the console and Ctrl+J to teleport your party.

I'm on mobile and don't have a hardware keyboard
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I've fixed it for you. In the future, please, attach your saves at support.baldursgate.com (our bug tracker).
    nikolifish

I've fixed it for you. In the future, please, attach your saves at support.baldursgate.com (our bug tracker).

Thank you very much
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited November 2018
    @nadhim They posted a screenshot. THey are stuck at the exit you describe.
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @ThacoBell That was a spambot.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh, okay.
  • jashimjashim Member Posts: 4
    Hi I have thee exact same problem, I used the rod to kill the beholder but door is locked. Can you help??
    Playing on an iphone by the way
    @jashim I have fixed your save file so that the door should open as soon as you load it. Just watch out, a group of shadows seems to have spawned right on the other side. Enjoy the rest of your game!
    jashimJuliusBorisov
    Thank you Tresset, much appreciated!
    A follow up question if I may. I have changed the filename to end .bg2save and used files on my iphone to open with BG2. However when i go to the game and choose Load game it is not in the saved game list? The phone sees the file as belonging to that app as it gives it the BG2 icon. Any ideas?? Thanks again. Jashim.
    Nevermind! I opened the zip and then just zipped the 2 files needed (.gam and .sav) then changed the zip file to .bg2save - and now all is working! Many thanks Tresset!
    JuliusBorisov
  • MarkBaxttMarkBaxtt Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem in my game. OS Mojave. The door won’t open even though I have the device. This is my first time reporting a bug
    @MarkBaxtt I fixed your save, enjoy the rest of your game!
    JuliusBorisovMarkBaxttleeux
  • MarkBaxttMarkBaxtt Member Posts: 2
    Awsome; Amazing; Piazzas! Thank you
    JuliusBorisov
  • FirazyrFirazyr Member Posts: 2
    Hey there....I know it has been more than a year since the last post, but I am now stuck with the same bug. If Tresset....or anyone else!....can fix my save, I would be grateful! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, guys.
    @Firazyr I fixed your save, Enjoy the rest of your game!
    FirazyrJuliusBorisov
  • FirazyrFirazyr Member Posts: 2
    You absolutely ROCK! Thank you!
    JuliusBorisov
  • Peta10thPeta10th Member Posts: 1
    Hi im also having the problem with the said door .... im not sure if the thread is still supported would be a great help . Thanks in advance .
    Blackbɨrd
    @Peta10th sorry I didn't notice your post until now. I have fixed your save, enjoy the rest of your game.
    edited August 2020
    If you need help fixing this problem please upload your save file here and I will look at it. MAKE SURE TO TAG ME BY TYPING @Tresset SO THAT I WILL KNOW ABOUT YOU!!!