Skip to content

Better AI mod?

The only thing I am bothered in IWD is that the AI locks on a single target and doesnt change it allowing for ridicolous micromanagement to win any encounter easier than in BG, BG2, PS:T.

Is there a fix to this ?

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 326
    I know! I wish whoever did the Battle Enhancer mod would do the same for all IE's. That mod is so great...only for BG though.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Are you talking about party AI or enemy AI?

I've put in a feature request to have the Advanced party AI from BG ported over to IWD. I've been using the AI scripts that come with IWD and I've been having the opposite problem. The script tells my fighters to target the enemy that last attacked them, so I'm constantly having to stop them from running off after the enemy archers when I want them to melee the enemy front-liners.
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    I mean enemy AI. It is mostly really stupid :(
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    one thing to note about the mega mod i did for IWD is that the game version needs to be 1.4

i've been having some thoughts on upgrading it to 2.5, but thats going to take a hell of a lot of time to do so ( plus i will have to learn that weidu sorcery in the process ) so don't expect that 2.5 update for a long time yet
    Gusindabrunardo
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    My mod (Improved Heart of Fury Mode) does work on 2.5.

Here are the current AI changes in my mod:

* Most enemies don't relentlessly pursue a single target; they quickly select someone else to attack.

* Archers usually don't use ranged weapons against someone who has protection from missile weapons (e.g. from Entropy Shield or Physical Mirror).

* Spellcasters are generally smarter in their spell use - they rarely ever cast a spell on someone who has protection from it, and many spellcasters have spells they only use on player characters (rather than on summoned creatures). Spellcasters generally start with prebuffs, use contigencies and sequencers, and cast a wide variety of spells, including less powergamey ones. In general, though, enemy spellcasters aren't nearly as big of a deal as they are in SCS. A single Dispel Magic can dispel all their protections.

* I created my own Call For Help system. When an enemies sees you or takes damage, it aggros, and any other enemy that could see that enemy then aggros 1 round later, and any enemy that could see that enemy aggros 1 round later, and so on. In most cases, I've grouped enemies such that they won't aggro the whole map.

This mod isn't quite SCS for IWD, but I think it's the closest thing there is. However, the game also gets really, really difficult under this mod.
    Gusindabrunardo
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    Wow, soudns really good! Especially not pursuing single-target! Thanks a lot!