Skip to content

PEACH my HoF powergaming party

Character 1: berserker 9 > mage. This character will grandmaster axes and then some blunt weapon, with intention of using the throwing axe when not slinging spells. I think character 1 is the only one who can get a familiar, so it’s best to give it to one who is most likely to go into melee.

Character 2: fighter 7 > cleric. Slings and flails. I would’ve chosen berserker but missile weapons are great and ***** > * in any game. I chose a less than optimal level to dual class so that the two fighters won’t be dualled at the same time, which really hurts.

Character 3: fighter/druid multiclass. Druids rock this game, fighter gives me more slings stones fired and a lot more damage.

Character 4: swashbuckler 5 (or 6) > fighter. This is my archer who will handle all the locks and traps. I just can’t remember if the swashbuckler gets a bump at 5 or 6. He’ll also be decent in melee if needed by dual wielding blades.

Character 5: elf sorcerer. We all know you find scrolls too slowly in this game. The sorcerer solves that problem. Concentrating on control spells is the path to victory.

Character 6: skald. Half elves get a little bit of a bonus over humans, and skalds rock this game.

How can I improve this party? TIA
GusindaOlvynChurusarevok57brunardo

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    You might want to have a character who can summon creatures early on in the game. If I remember correctly, a new patch made it so that enemies on HoF mode get a large bonus to AC. That could make the early game quite tedious with so many fighters.

By the way, if you're planning to play HoF mode, why not use my mod Improved Heart of Fury Mode? It makes the game much less tedious, more interesting, and often more difficult than on HoF mode.
    Gusinda
  • compleCCitycompleCCity Member Posts: 52
    Klorox said:

Character 1: berserker 9 > mage. […] I think character 1 is the only one who can get a familiar, so it’s best to give it to one who is most likely to go into melee.

It's correct that only one character is allowed to have a familiar, but it doesn't matter where in the party roster they're placed/created.
    Kloroxsarevok57semiticgoddess
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894

Klorox said:

Character 1: berserker 9 > mage. […] I think character 1 is the only one who can get a familiar, so it’s best to give it to one who is most likely to go into melee.

It's correct that only one character is allowed to have a familiar, but it doesn't matter where in the party roster they're placed/created.
    Are there FF scrolls in this game?

You might want to have a character who can summon creatures early on in the game. If I remember correctly, a new patch made it so that enemies on HoF mode get a large bonus to AC. That could make the early game quite tedious with so many fighters.

By the way, if you're planning to play HoF mode, why not use my mod Improved Heart of Fury Mode? It makes the game much less tedious, more interesting, and often more difficult than on HoF mode.

I’m playing on my iPhone. I can’t mod the game. ?
  • compleCCitycompleCCity Member Posts: 52
    Klorox said:

One is sold by Orrick the Gray in Kuldahar (from first tier on), one by Kieran Nye (whoever that is) under certain conditions.
    None more, no random loot, nowhere.
    KloroxStummvonBordwehr

Klorox said:

One is sold by Orrick the Gray in Kuldahar (from first tier on), one by Kieran Nye (whoever that is) under certain conditions.
    None more, no random loot, nowhere.
    Sweet. I won’t waste a sorcerer spell slot then.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    make sure that sorcerer gets greater malison because enemies on HoF mode get a +6 bonus to all saves, and if you are going to be using crowd control spells, if you can try and pick ones that give penalties to the save ( like domination )
    Klorox
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Great party...dont think you need two partial healers...maybe swap F/C for undead Hunter paladin for better tanking, still some healing, and they fit with the theme of IWD with some nice gear too...and they'll be alot of undead