Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights for the Community

1234568»

Comments

• voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited April 2018
    P-Funk are one of my wifes favorite bands in the history of ever. And they always remind me of the Mighty Boosh!

Nice choices with The Beach Boys and Velvet Underground as well.

All great albums!

Perfect album to play Neverwinter Nights to?

I would listen to the Morrowind Soundtrack while playing NWN and it's almost impossible for me to tell the two apart because of it.

Question:

What's your one exception?

E.g. You don't like country except for this one song. Or you hate romance movies except for this one film. Or you hate mayo unless it's on this one sandwich.
    AtrophiedericMrDamageSkipBittman
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    I hate with a passion movies shot in the chaotic ‘camcorder’ perspective. Really annoys the hell out of me. Accidentally watched Cloverfield, found it very enjoyable. Go figure. Still can’t watch more then 10 minutes of any other movie shot in this style.

Question:

What is your favourite 1 liner/ quote?
    DerpCityvoidofopinionAtrophiederic
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited April 2018
    Might be a little early for me to answer/ask once more, but eh.
    MrDamage said:

What is your favourite 1 liner/ quote?

This is kind of sad (not due to content but because its rather basic), but at the top of my head I think its "My teeth will snap at your ankles and make you dance!" Its said by the Wererat companion Trip in Kingmaker. Either that, or "I'll put ye head on a stake, if you'd just stand still for a bleedin' moment!" said by Caliblast the Azer companion, also in Kingmaker. I'm sure there are better ones I could pick out if I think about it longer, but by Ao I want those as playable voicesets so badly.

What's your favorite and least favorite classes, and why?
    AtrophiedericMrDamagevoidofopinion
    My least favorite class is anything that involves stealth.

I just don't find walking slow and not doing anything while waiting around for dumb AI to be exciting gameplay mechanics.

The only game I have ever actively went after a stealth class was in Monday Night Combat. The assassin in that game was an amazing amount of fun.

I was really sad when that game became a FTP/Pay2Win nightmare.

Question:

What faces would be on your video game Mount Rushmore?
    DerpCity
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    *Whistles innocently.

What are they preparing? ;)
    DerpCityvoidofopinion
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    The pictures on the twitter are amazing, especially seeing how small Phil looks next to Minsc lol.

The SoME starts in 5 minutes, if you love d&d in general check it out. The art seems to feature the dark elf Jarlaxel and some others I don't recognize, plus a beholder. It takes place in Waterdeep too. So my guesstimation is it has something to do with the lords of Waterdeep, The Xanathar, and Skullport?

Maybe Beamdog will do a tie in expansion like many other digital games had done last year with Tomb of Annihilation.

Who can really say tho?

voidofopinionJuliusBorisov
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Are you playing the game using the low-res texture pack?
    It seems like you've been very busy. I'm assuming that you're working on a single player project but I could be wrong, you've talked about making a lot of custom items manually before but beyond that I confess I don't recall much more. Remember to take plenty of breaks and get some fresh air or you might start seeing spooky things that aren't really there?
    DerpCityvoidofopinionJuliusBorisov
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Looking very atmospheric! Nice work.

-JFK
    DerpCitypscythevoidofopinionJuliusBorisov

It seems like you've been very busy. I'm assuming that you're working on a single player project but I could be wrong, you've talked about making a lot of custom items manually before but beyond that I confess I don't recall much more. Remember to take plenty of breaks and get some fresh air or you might start seeing spooky things that aren't really there?

I have tried not to say that much because I find the more I talk about an idea the less likely I am to put it into action. But now I am way too far into development to stop so I figure it's safe to begin sharing a little.

Plus E3 got me all excited.

It's an unconventional Persistent World that uses scenic design to organically encourage role-play and builds a more satisfying game play loop through vast itemization. #MarketingSpin

And you're not kidding about taking breaks. I had the audio on loop while editing the video and I had very surreal dreams that night.
    JFK said:

Looking very atmospheric! Nice work.

-JFK

Thank you!

I had a tone in mind and I'm running with it!

:D
    DerpCityJuliusBorisovJFK
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Way to make us all feel old @JuliusBorisov !

I can't believe it was that long ago and still as wondrous as it ever was!

:)
    JuliusBorisovDerpCity
    Oh happy birthday NWN, you're almost old enough to vote lol
    JuliusBorisovDerpCityvoidofopinion
  • SwissSwiss Member Posts: 4
    Will NWN:EE come to mobile? If so, is there a set release date?
    voidofopinion
    They are working on an Android version!

But locomotion is being a pain so it won't be immediate but it should be soon... ish.

JuliusBorisov
    Thanks!
    JuliusBorisovvoidofopinion
    Also any plans on enhancing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2?
    voidofopinion
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by zordren3742 on
    voidofopinionJuliusBorisov
    Ok
    JuliusBorisovvoidofopinion
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited November 2018

Something tangible.

Wicked! Loves me some fog n atmosphere. Any updates?
    voidofopinion
    edited November 2018
    Calgacus said:

Something tangible.

Wicked! Loves me some fog n atmosphere. Any updates?
    I share your enthusiasm for gloom!

Things are coming along nicely! Thank you for asking.

A lot of work has been done but none of it shows up in the game at the moment.

I did some restructuring to take advantage of Project Q Lite and my big clothing hak has finally left alpha and is in the process of being tested.

I want to get things to a state that if I bring in someone else to help work on the project then they are not going to start plotting my demise.

However, with some big projects coming to completion I should be able to turn my attention to something a little more fun to show off than a document filled with spreadsheets and notes scrawled in gibberish.

So hows everyone been?
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2018
    I've been okay. Just enjoying my middle-of-the-weekend. And @MrDamage My favorite one-liner/quote is from the movie, Billy Jack. "I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face. And you want to know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it."
    voidofopinion
    I've been busy with other things but have tinkered a little on and off in my free time. Converted a daylight formula for any given day and latitude on Earth to work in a script. Converted and tweaked a fitted formula for the 3rd edition D&D exp chart given any level and any cr. Currently looking at meteorological formulas to see if I can use them to weight randomly generated weather but it's a bit of a headache. Apparently it was not as simple as the math for predicting how long a ball of burning gas is over the horizon of another tilted and wobbling ball in an elliptical orbit around the gas ball from any given point on the second ball... By the way did I mention I'm bad at math? I feel like some kind of masochist sometimes.
    voidofopinion
    Mathochist*
    Kerick45Prince_RaymondZwerkules
  • ArkanJelloArkanJello Member Posts: 2
    !
    Ringing in from Old-Europe and i am all giggles and coos on Arelith pw. It's all good and would like everybody to keep IT up. Thanks for supporting again. Ms