Skip to content

Long Time CRPG Fan, First Time Forum Member

Heeeeellloooooo,

Decided to finally make an account here after doing some occasional lurking for a while.

A little bit about me first, I guess. I'm 28 years old and originally from the Chicago suburbs but in the last four-five years made the move to Colorado with my girlfriend, now wife. I'm a gamer through and through and it's been my biggest hobby since I was like, four, and played my parents Atari. My first CRPG was Baldur's Gate and my most recent CRPG completion was Divinity: Original Sin 2. Outside of RPG's, I play Counter-Strike almost religiously and have since I was probably 10, but at the end of the day, I play almost everything. My recent purchase of a Nintendo Switch brought me back to actually wanting to play consoles for the first time in nearly a decade, but I'll always be an annoying PC fanboy. I figure that's not too out of the ordinary around these parts though.

For the longest time I kind of fell out of CRPG's, but over the last handful of years I've gotten back into them and it's gotten intense. When Beamdog first dropped the Baldur's Gate enhanced games, I bought them but didn't play them and actually still haven't booted them up. It actually wasn't until I had played through Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition and the Arcanum re-release that I remembered what I was missing.

My friends and I just started a playthrough of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition last night actually. We're currently playing with the core rules as one of my friends has never experienced a real CRPG, and though Icewind isn't the best example, it's probably the easiest and most accessible for a new player. We grinded out nearly three hours last night and he's having a blast, so I'm extremely happy.

I mainly joined to keep myself up to date on the latest Beamdog happenings... I haven't really followed their updates or anything and I'd love to be more in the loop, especially since I've had my fingers crossed for an Icewind Dale 2 Enhanced and I'd always heard rumors about Beamdog working on a third Baldur's Gate game. That being said, I've always been a forum junkie, so I'm sure I'll get involved with the community here and there.

Anywho, if you've made it this far, cheers! Glad to be here!
mlneveseronaldoAerakarGrond0TorgrimmerZaghoul

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome to the forum and have fun! :) If you have any trouble or doubts fire a PM to a moderator and we'll be glad to help.
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Welcome back! I hope to see you haunting the multiplayer servers soon too!
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    Welcome to the forum! Beamdog has done Siege of Dragonspear which takes place in the time between BG and BG2.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Welcome to the forum \o/
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly. @Nimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    :cookie: time!
  • TussellTussell Member Posts: 3
    A cookie? For me?!