Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Wait you need to invoke a script action just to give somebody an innate ability?

From the console, yes. Mod-wise or editor-wise, no.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor I install everything from M+G. I have never seen it.

@CamDawg Thanks! BTW, Tweaks anthology's multiclass retriction removeal patch doesn't work on this mods, or faith and powers multiclass kits.
  • JenaveeJenavee Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2018
    @ThacoBell Alchemist is a single-class Thief kit. From my experimentation, I'd strongly advise not attempting to apply the kit to a dual or multi Thief - the Alchemist will no longer gain M&G thief feats every other level.
    Jenavee said:

@ThacoBell Alchemist is a single-class Thief kit.

Yeah, it never shows up. The Alchemist missing is a separate issue to the multiclass kit thing I want to bring to CamDawg's attention.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor Yeah it scrolls. The only thief kits I add are from here and Monastic Orders moves monks to thief class.
  • JenaveeJenavee Member Posts: 7
    @ThacoBell Make sure you don't have any conflicts in M&G with Rogue Re-balancing or Songs & Silence, too.
    edited November 2018
    @subtledoctor I have all of those EXCEPT Alchemist. This is actually kinda funny for how random it is.

@Jenavee I don't have Songs and Silence, and the only component for Rogue Rebalance I currently have installed (BG1 run) is the new items. In BG2, I add the HLAs. That's it.

*EDIT*

Oh, unless other people are having this issue, don't go crazy trying to solve this. Its merely something I noticed (though now I wonder what other kits might be missing).
    @subtledoctor Yeah, "D5ALCHM" is in there. Not sure if its in the second column or not though, when I opened it up in notepad, everything was weirdly curved.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I tried to install the bard revisions and it gave me an error message and told me to e-mail you the debug file. How do I do that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    @subtledoctor Tried it again with your new one.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
  • FuryoftheStarsFuryoftheStars Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2018
    @subtledoctor, are the "Choose an ability" special abilities (for choosing feats) supposed to work for NPCs or just the PC? I haven't been able to get any to work for Imoen. I click it, there's a poof of smoke, and that's it. No selection dialog appears, nothing. Same mod order list as I've given you previously. I haven't made any changes.

EDIT: I just figured out the cause. So, Imoen, if you look at her through EEKeeper, her "kit" value isn't set / it's blank. I used EEKeeper to set it as Base Class, loaded this modified save in game, and then retried the "Choose an ability" ability. It now works.
    Post edited by FuryoftheStars on
    Bug report time. I'm playing a Herald, and having a blast, but it seems that bard specific dialogue in SoD doesn't trigger. The first opportunity (charming an expensive necklace off a noble at the beginning) never triggers, and I am forced out of dialogue without getting the correct option.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

I've uploaded two very small updates which brings the current version to 3.8.15. These fix a few little but important things:
    - New-style bard kits that are supposed to be able to use scrolls and wands, now can.
    - Bard spell learning dialogue was messed up in 3.8.13, it is fixed now.

Also the "Courage" bardic inspiration now gives a +1 bonus to thac0 in addition to immunity to fear. Just because I am spending a lot of the early game with that song in the background... but there are no Fear effects to counter! +1 to thac0 is small, smaller than any other bard song; but at least it makes it worth playing it.

In the future I might balance that by toning down the Courage effect from outright fear immunity, to something like being able to Evade fear effects - i.e. if you get hit with a horror spell, you get an initial/extra saving throw to avoid the effect, and only if that fails do you have to roll the normal saving throw. So it would approximate 5E-style "rolling with advantage" by giving you two chances to save instead of just one.

I want to find more places to use such an effect - I think it's nifty! One I've already talked about it to pare back the crazy Berserker immunities, giving you two chances to save against mental effects instead of outright immunity.

Instead of an extra saving throw, it could also be a straight percentage chance to evade an effect. So another way to think about it is as "effect-specific MR." If you can think of any places that would make sense, let me know!

@Chronicler I've tested and the component installs on every game that supports it (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE, EET, and IWDEE). So if you are getting an error it might be because of some other mod? Can you zip your weidu.log and attach it to a post? Or even better, just copy the text contents and paste it into a post, in [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags. (Just remove the spaces from inside the brackets to use the spoiler tag.)

I would suggest that if you use these nerfs that they should be made optional otherwise many players will decide not to use the mod.
    edited November 2018
    @subtledoctor Got another fun one. When Might and Guile is installed (all components) every thief in the game (barring charname) cannot detect traps. They have the icon, and you can click it, but after a few seconds they stop. Then a few seconds later, they start detecting again. Then they stop again, and it goes in an endless cycle. Even with AI turned off. It also prevents then from moving more than a couple steps at a time. This only seems to affect SoD. I played through BG with zero issues, and once SoD started, thieves were broken. I have gone through and checked every mod I use one-by-one and its definitely Might and Guile. Theives are completely unplayable, and traps cannot be bypassed.

@ThacoBell which thief is being affected?

All of them except charname. So, uh, I guess Glint and Safana.
    @subtledoctor Have you had the chance to follow up on my bug report? Just a gentle reminder.
    @subtledoctor Life happens. Its not like modding is your job ;) I'll try to be patient with my poking.
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13
    IWDEE:
    3rde bards: SKALD only gets profiencies in DETECT ILLUSION, but many points to use this. So you could not Level up - tested with console-default of 500 000 XP. DI is capped at 250 points and you have lots of points to spend, but no choices.
    GALLANT gets no profiencies on creation. You should spend points, but no profiencies are shown.
    HERALD should be able to use spells or wands, but he can‘t.

CORSAIR could use wands and scrolls (only with 3rde Bards)

Not using 3rde bards - but (I like the idea of MC-Bards) only installing MC-kits, CORSAIR and LOREMASTER: every fighter/thief can use mage-scrolls.

It‘s a little bit cheaty. Combining this bugs with TnB cantrib-wands, you can create a party of six and use the wands for one sorcerer and fighter/mage combos with everyone casting MM. Funny and very easy IWDEE levels 1-4. Blast them all!!
    @subtledoctor Gentle poke time.

Well, that's done. Hope life is going good for you.
    I think Meistersinger's proficiencies may be a tad messed up. The class description states that it can only put points in weapons useable by Druids, but, um, there are a few weird things here.

Somehow all single handed swords are okay, and axes are okay. But, Spears aren't? And even though they get points in quarterstaff, there is no two handed style for them.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    This would work on IWDEE, right? It says so in the readme. Has anyone tried this on iOS using the pinned/stickied procedure by Luke? Hope this is compatible with Kjeron's warlock mod.
    @subtledoctor Are there still plans to update this mod in the future?