Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited October 2018
    Wow, hopefully all this stuff isn't too much of a headache for you.

*edit*

Huh, in what way are feats not working? On my install, it looks like single classed bards and rogues get them just fine. I am using the previous update with the hotfix, so something other than your latest fix must have done it in the new update.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Oh, cool. Am I correct in inferring that Bards get Rogue feats now?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    @subtledoctor Regarding feats: does the Damage Reduction stack with the Damage Reduction from YARAS?

I dug out my old 2nd Edition Complete Bard & Complete Elf. I found a pretty cool tidbit in it: Skalds can use shields! Wouldn't it be distinctive to allow them to use up to medium shields and two stars in Shieldfighting, while limiting their missile weapon proficiency?
    For Bladesingers, I found that they get +1 to hit & damage and +1 for special manouvres with their weapon of choice. They also get a scaling AC bonus vs melee while casting spells. They do suffer a +2 casting speed penalty. What do you think about giving them 4/5 stars in a single weapon (and 2 in the style) and perhaps one or two feats (simulating special manouvres), while limiting their armour and giving them a +2 casting speed penalty? I feel that the casting speed penalty, coupled with the lighter armour, is a severe penalty.
    @subtledoctor Imoen hasn't gotten feats for QUITE SOME TIME now. But it seemed to only be her, so I thought it was some weird decision on your part.
    Good ol IE.
    @subtledoctor Multiclass kits not installed due to errors.

@subtledoctor Thanks! Do you think its safe to reinstall MnG on an existing modded install?
    edited October 2018
    Shame I was never able to figure out NI. Oh well, I was planning on being a bard anyway.
    Worth a shot. Thanks.
    I've given up on SCS, I don't have to worry about that at least.
    While Imoen does indeed get the skill to choose feats now, using them doesn't do anything. No dialog to select feats pops up for here.
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Out of all the companions in the game, she just cannot catch a break, can she?
  • LliiraAnnaLliiraAnna Member Posts: 7
    Even if I change Imoen's class to, say, multiclass mage/thief via NPC_EE, she still can't get any feats. Poor Imoen.
  • LliiraAnnaLliiraAnna Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018

Even if I change Imoen's class to, say, multiclass mage/thief via NPC_EE, she still can't get any feats. Poor Imoen.

Well, multiclasses don't get any feats anyway - that's intended. Single-class thieves should.
    Oh, I see. So I have to change her to a pureclass thief or kit, got it.
    Post edited by LliiraAnna on
  • IvanKaramazovIvanKaramazov Member Posts: 14
    Hi subtledoctor, I'm running an all-bard party in MnG (3.8.9) alongside Divine Remix, TnB, and SoB (using your recommended order) and am encountering something I'm guessing is not expected behavior. My single-class bards/rogues (Meistersinger, Blade, Jinxer) can use all helmets, shields, armors, weapons, etc although can only specialize in the ones relevant to their class (all this seems right per SoB). My multiclass bards, however (Loresinger, Skald, and Gallant) can only wear up to studded leather, only use bucklers, and are restricted to thief weapons (despite being able to specialize in those weapons via the abilities button!).

Also, FnP failed to install on IWDEE 2.5, saying it couldn't find anomen.dlg.

Lastly, though this may be desired behavior, the Magus description in TnB (I'm running your latest offbranch) says it can specialize in weapons and styles, but in fact those options are barred as with other sorcerers (by SoB, presumably).

I apologize if this is not the preferred place for bug reporting. All these various mods you've worked on have reignited my interest in these games, so I am much obliged to you!
    edited October 2018