Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Great, thanks!
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    Is it normal for scs to take about 23 hours to install after installing MaG?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    Im using spell revisions so I use the revised scs branch. As long as the long install is normal, I'm fine with it. Loving your mods btw. I use all of them.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've tried using SCS v31 and 15 hours isn't long enough for it to install. That is a RIDICULOUS amount of time to spend on trying to install one mod.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor I'm fairly certain I'm using the final release. On another note, since Bards are now on Sorcerer style casting, do they still get bonus spells based on int?
    edited October 2018
    I can't get the Gllant class to activate. I can select it at character creation, but in game its just "Fighter/Rogue" no spell select ability, so Its just a fighter thief that can't thief...

Okay, Loresinger is also not activating, being just a normal cleric/thief. Also, none of the multiclass bards are getting their spells. Is anyone else having this issue as well?
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

ThacoBell said:

I can't get the Gllant class to activate. I can select it at character creation, but in game its just "Fighter/Rogue" no spell select ability, so Its just a fighter thief that can't thief...

Okay, Loresinger is also not activating, being just a normal cleric/thief. Also, none of the multiclass bards are getting their spells. Is anyone else having this issue as well?

Are you a human, elf, or half-elf?
    Unfortunately yes. No reacial restriction removing mod I can find works for multiclass kits *grumble grumble*
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Thank you so much, @subtledoctor ! Now I'm going for a Ranger pkaythrough with a Bard companion!
    I'm curious as to your decision to remove lore bonus from so many of the Bard kits. That's kinda one of their main things. Bards are essential for the passing down of stories, songs, and legends. Especially the Skald and Meistersinger.
    It might sound silly, but how about leaving the base Bard with his original spelllist?
    edited October 2018
    Making the spell lists of the bard kits more specialzed could be an option. The meistersinger could lose access to some of the standard bard spell list to compensate for getting extra druid spells, etc.

This is more nitpicking than anything else for me though. Its already a great list of classes.
    Bards would still be limited to lvl 6 spells and have less castings per day.
    edited October 2018
    @subtledoctor
    Is the Gallant supposed to be restriced to only thief weapons and armor? The class description doesn't mention it anywhere, and no weapons or armor have the unusable red tint. But when I bought some splint mail and a mace, my Gallant couldn't equip them. Nothing in the UI indicates this.

*edit*

Actually I'm looking at my character's effects in EEkeeper and "Item: Cant Use Item [180]" has been applied MANY MANY times, to the point where I can use almost nothing.
    edited October 2018
    That sounds like a great idea. How would you handle THAC0 for the thief/mages? I'm afraid it would plummet below thief level.
    Also: what about pure Bards? They deserve faster progression than pure mages, having a clipped spelllist.
    But a Wizard with lvl 9 spells is way more powerful than a Bard with decent HP, THAC0 and lvl 6 spells. Forcing Bards into high XP requirements undermines their appeal partially, IMO.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Hm, I just thought of another way to do this: make bards into wizard kits, instead of thief kits. This would have a number of benefits:
    - You could access the wizard spellbook and see which spells you know, just like a sorcerer
    - You would use the spellcasting button to cast spells, freeing up precious space in the innate abilities bar
    - Spellcasting vs. armor use would be greatly simplified
    - Since all bards would be multiclass, it would eliminate the ridiculous situation where bards have better caster level than dedicated mages of equivalent experience.

Yes, all bards would be multiclass:
    - Bard, Blade, Jester, Jinxer would be mage/thieves
    - Skald, Gallant would be fighter/mages
    - Loresinger would be a cleric/mage
    - (not sure about Herald and Meister)

Honestly, this will probably be a lot cleaner of an implementation than prior implementations. Although, I would submit that Blade should be a Fighter/Mage, since in the base game they get Offensive and Defensive spin (basically making them decent F/M anyway).
    @subtledoctor I appreciate the hotfix, unfortunately I won't be able to test it for you. I went in and manually removed effects in EEKeeper.
    I started a new game to test the hotfix, and it works! Unfortunately when I hit level2 and selected my spell choices, and immedietly I got 2 castings of every level 1 spell in the bard's spell list.