Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor I am having an odd bug right now. Garrick's spells are ending up under the bard song button and not the special abilities tab. It doesn't seem to be a Gallant issue though, my Gallant charname is working perfectly. So it seems to just be a Garrick thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @subtledoctor It's the part of their override script that levels up the NPC to match CHARNAME in experience when they join. As it grants experience, it also grants any spells that the higher-level variants originally started with.
    For example, Edwin would be given spells present in EDWIN2.CRE, EDWIN3.CRE, EDWIN4.CRE, etc... depending on how much experience CHARNAME has when he joins. Which spells get added are a static list in each NPC's script, changing those in the CRE files won't affect it.
    edited November 2018
    @subtledoctor I had just downloading what was the most recent version as of a day and half ago. So as far as I know, its the most recent.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, @kjeron already nailed it. If you look at Garrick specifically, you'll find the add-XP blocks look like this:

IF
    	Global("BD_JOINXP","LOCALS",0)
    	InParty(Myself)
    	XPGT(Player1,31999)
    	XPLT(Myself,32000)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    		SetGlobal("BD_JOINXP","LOCALS",1)
    		ChangeStat(Myself,XP,32000,SET)
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI102")  // Armor
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI105")  // Color Spray
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI112")  // Magic Missile
    		AddSpecialAbility("SPWI212")  // Mirror Image
    		SetInterrupt(TRUE)
    END
    You could remove those ASAs with something like
    COPY_EXISTING ~garrick.bcs~ ~override~
      DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
        REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~AddSpecialAbility("SPWI[0-9]+")~ ~~
      END
      BUT_ONLY
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited November 2018
    Trying a clean install on BG2EE 2.5 with just M&G latest version and getting the following:

[might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] loaded, 1612 bytes
    Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_LORS.d]
    Copied [d5brdspl.2da] to [override/d5brdspl.2da]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [./override/d5brdspl.2da] loaded, 5339 bytes
    [./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 26348 bytes
    ERROR: [SPWI219.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))
    Stopping installation because of error.
    ERROR: [d5brdspl.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

ERROR Installing [3E-Inspired Bard Overhaul & Multiclass Bards], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [might_and_guile/backup/210/OTHER.210]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "might_and_guile/backup/210/OTHER.210")
    [might_and_guile/backup/210/UNSETSTR.210] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 539 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 210.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yea, freshly downloaded from steam. Will try again tonight.
    Redownloaded BG2EE, did an integrity test than tried the install again with 3.8.13 (only mod) and still getting the same error. Also tried on BGEE and same exact error message. All other components are installing fine but no nubard for me :(
    edited November 2018
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if perhaps there was an issue with my base install, but still ended up with the same failure :\.

30 lines back in the spoilers, full file attached. There aren't any lines ahead. stopped the install after the component failed.

Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_JSTR.d]
    Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_SKLD.d]
    Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_GLNT.d]
    Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_HRLD.d]
    Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_MSTR.d]
    Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_JINX.d]
    Copied [might_and_guile/nubards/d5mbard.d] to [override/D5_LORS.d]
    Copied [d5brdspl.2da] to [override/d5brdspl.2da]
    [./override/d5brdspl.2da] loaded, 5339 bytes
    [./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 26348 bytes
    ERROR: [SPWI219.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))
    ERROR: [d5brdspl.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

ERROR Installing [3E-Inspired Bard Overhaul & Multiclass Bards], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [might_and_guile/backup/210/OTHER.210]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "might_and_guile/backup/210/OTHER.210")
    [might_and_guile/backup/210/UNSETSTR.210] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 846 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 210.
    Uninstalled 846 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 210.
    WARNING: No rule to identify SOD
    Unable to Unlink [might_and_guile/backup/210/READLN.210]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "might_and_guile/backup/210/READLN.210")
    Unable to Unlink [might_and_guile/backup/210/READLN.210.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "might_and_guile/backup/210/READLN.210.TEXT")
    ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.sub")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-MIGHT_AND_GUILE.DEBUG to SubtleD
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [might_and_guile/language/english/setup.tra] has 785 translation strings
    I seem to have found a weird bug. I altered Imoen's proficiency in EEKeeper (I misallocated it and didn't realize until later) and suddenly My charname Gallant has lost all of their level 1 spells. I have no idea how this could have happened, but my save before (unfortunately a few hours before) I made the change is fine.
    @subtledoctor . Not sure if this is helpful, but on a whim I installed SR b16 then might & guile. The bard component then installed successfully

ThacoBell said:

I seem to have found a weird bug. I altered Imoen's proficiency in EEKeeper (I misallocated it and didn't realize until later) and suddenly My charname Gallant has lost all of their level 1 spells. I have no idea how this could have happened, but my save before (unfortunately a few hours before) I made the change is fine.

Hard to say what the issue could be since I don't know how EEKeeper works. Why would change Charname at all? Kinda makes me suspicious.

I prefer using NI to edit savegames. The interface isn't aa need cr but once your used to it I think it's a cleaner way to edit things.
    You got me, I didn't touch charname. But apparently, switching Imoen's errant pip from crossbows to bows is just too much. FWIW I don't use Near Infinity because I can't make ehads or tails of it.
    edited November 2018
    @subtledoctor I though Troodon was maintaing it, but they haven't been around for awhile. Thanks for that console command though. Eases the pain somewhat.
  • JenaveeJenavee Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2018
    @subtledoctor : According to readme, Alchemist shouldn't ever get Backstab multiplier, but if you have 3E Sneak Attack enabled, it gets the standard Sneak Attack damage and Crippling Strike for its level.

Edit: Also, your v3.8 of the mod's readme has links to G3 / G3 forum rather than links to here.
    edited November 2018
    Also, you may want to point your readme discussion link here instead of G3. :)

edit: aaaaaaand @Jenavee beat me to it.
    Found an issue in my EET with Alchemist's Hulking Transformation. When I have Auto-Pause On Spell Cast enabled, using the Hulking Transformation ability freezes EET and then I have to crash it.
    @subtledoctor As an aside, Alchemist's Flaming Oil is typed as Miscellaneous and can't be stored in a Potion Case, and currently weighs nothing. Should be Potion and 1 weight, for consistency with Potion of Fiery Burning and Potion of Explosions.
    @Jenavee The Alchemist kit is someone else's mod. They would be the ones to contact for a bug reports.
    @ThacoBell That can't be right, I already looked in all the other mods I have that add kits, and Alchemist is only mentioned at all in M&G. Not only that, the resources are prefixed D5, which is typical of Doc's works.
    99.9% sure M&G has it's own alchemist kit
    ThacoBell said:

@Jenavee The Alchemist kit is someone else's mod. They would be the ones to contact for a bug reports.

Quote the M&G readme:

This component includes one new kit: the Alchemist. This rogue is able to use knowledge of herbs and chemistry to brew powerful potions and create other psuedo-magical effects.

edited November 2018
    WHY HAS ALCHEMIST NEVER SHOWN UP IN MY INSTALLS?!

@subtledoctor How do I use that console command. I keep getting the message that a name is expected near the value. Where exactly does the name go, and what would be Imoen's designation for the console?
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    edited November 2018
    ThacoBell said:

WHY HAS ALCHEMIST NEVER SHOWN UP IN MY INSTALLS?!

@subtledoctor How do I use that console command. I keep getting the message that a name is expected near the value. Where exactly does the name go, and what would be Imoen's designation for the console?

You can invoke scripting actions directly at the console now. I'm not sure if @subtledoctor needs the spell to be added or applied, so it'll be one of these two:
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("Imoen",AddSpecialAbility("D5PROFT"))')
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("Imoen",ApplySpellRES("D5PROFT",Myself))')
    Replace Imoen as needed (the PC is Player1, without the quotes).